Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pregabalin yes or no?

[Ke...]

Hi there

I've just been for an appointment at my GP surgery,I tried to explain some of the unpleasant withdrawals I've been experiencing lately,social anxiety being the most debilitating of them. Firstly he refused to agree that any of my symptoms were to do with the four years I've been trying to come off diazepam,and that my condition was most likely what I was like pre benzo's. He suggested I take Pregabalin to help with anxiety. Has anyone tried this and did it help or not? Thanks ❤️

I was faced with this issue as well.  My doc suggested gabapentin, which is a close cousin of pregabalin.  The reasoning for choosing gabapentin over pregabalin were, according to my doc, were:  1.  Pregabalin (Lyrica) is expensive and can be addictive, and 2. gabapentin (Neurontin) is much cheaper and not addictive.  I don't really know, but that's what I was told.  I decided (for me) not to take either. 

Hi guys. Lyrica ( pregabalin ) and gabapentin are addictive - basically meaning, there is a withdrawal to get off of them . They do help with sleep and anxiety but they work on GABA ( not in the same way that benzos do) but anything that works on GABA will have a withdrawal ( anxiety , insomnia, etc)

I'm on Lyrica - there is a Facebook page called Lyrica survivors