Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Propranolol and Bisoprolol

[Ri...]

Hello buddies!

When I saw a cardiologist last time, he suggested switching to another longer acting beta blocker Bisoprolol 5 mg a day. I did follow his orders, but this 5 mg does not help me at all. I went back to a short acting beta blocker propranolol.

I read on the Net that bete blockers cause depression as a side effect.

Please just let me know if you experience racing heart 24/7 how often and what dosage you take of propranolol. If you take Bisoprolol what dosage helps you feel better?

Hi, I had a terrible time with racing heart. I am on 80 mg propranolol. I really don't have severe depression from it. I'm sure it has some side effects but I've been on it a year now..

Hi, I had a terrible time with racing heart. I am on 80 mg propranolol. I really don't have severe depression from it. I'm sure it has some side effects but I've been on it a year now..

So, ferggie, if you take 80 mg of propranolol, your palpitations are gone, correct?

How many times a day do you take your palp medication?

A cardiologist says propranolol is a short acting beta blocker which helps for anxiety.

I guess, I will have to updose propranolol in order to get rid of these palpitations.

I take only one capsule per day, it is XR , extended release..it has not done much for my anxiety, unfortunately..but the palps improved a lot..