Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Propranolol and Bisoprolol

[Ri...]

Hello buddies!

When I saw a cardiologist last time, he suggested switching to another longer acting beta blocker Bisoprolol 5 mg a day. I did follow his orders, but this 5 mg does not help me at all. I went back to a short acting beta blocker propranolol.

I read on the Net that bete blockers cause depression as a side effect.

Please just let me know if you experience racing heart 24/7 how often and what dosage you take of propranolol. If you take Bisoprolol what dosage helps you feel better?

Hi, I had a terrible time with racing heart. I am on 80 mg propranolol. I really don't have severe depression from it. I'm sure it has some side effects but I've been on it a year now..

Hi, I had a terrible time with racing heart. I am on 80 mg propranolol. I really don't have severe depression from it. I'm sure it has some side effects but I've been on it a year now..

So, ferggie, if you take 80 mg of propranolol, your palpitations are gone, correct?

How many times a day do you take your palp medication?

A cardiologist says propranolol is a short acting beta blocker which helps for anxiety.

I guess, I will have to updose propranolol in order to get rid of these palpitations.

I take only one capsule per day, it is XR , extended release..it has not done much for my anxiety, unfortunately..but the palps improved a lot..