Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Are skin/hair products safe?

[Ri...]

I wasnt too sure of where to put this topic so I hope this is the right place :o

I was wondering if anybody knows if we can react to chemicals skin or hair products? I havn't worn makeup in quite a while or had my hair bleached/dyed, mostly out of being too sick/anxious to get it done but I was wondering if there's any possibility of having a reaction to such things and them cause symptoms to increase by getting into the bloodstream? Id quite like to get my hair done soon and it would help if i knew there was no risk involved

Im also asking because I brought some liquid latex for doing halloween makeup and im a bit worried to use it. I dont know if this is possible but Ive read of other people having certain things like lip balms cause bad symptoms and I really dont want that to happen. I  really want to do some cool/ scary makeup for Halloween  just for fun so im hoping i can do so!

I am very careful about which products to use on my skin and hair. Years ago I started reading about the chemicals and makeup and other products we put on our skin. Whatever you put on your skin can be absorbed into your body. So I would be very careful.