Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Food not being digested

[cr...]

Kind of an embarrassing topic. But I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue? Is this related to benzo withdrawal at all?

My stools are looking really pale grey/green and have undigested food in them. This has been going on for a week or so. It's making me a bit worried.

I'm waiting on results for an abdominal scan from my doctor. I always get anxious when I'm waiting on a report. Benzo w/d is making me think: what if there's something wrong with me?

:(

I'd give it some time for your digestive system to settle down.  When I dropped to 2mg Valium, I developed weird poop habits and the doc thought I had diverticulitis.  I didn't!  In seeing posts on this site, and in retrospect to myself, I definitely had this type of thing go on.  Tinwi2016 is right that probiotics will help.  Think about drinking a correct amount of water (not an overabundance).  Eat as healthy as you can, chew well and maybe add a bit of fiber.  IF your test comes back negative, just know that many of us have to tough it out on the digestive side.  Took me 6 months after getting below 2mg Valium to finally get normal bowel movements.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have IBS and think I tired everything possible.  Probiotics did not work for me and in some cases made my symptoms worse.  I am now using enzymes with good results.  My problem is failure to digest fats and bloat.  I am taking alpha galactoside for bloat and lipase for fat digestion.  Rather than use a broad spectrum enzymes I suggest trying individual ones until you find what works best for you.

Here is a good read on the subject:

http://www.enzymestuff.com/basicsdosing.htm

I had this for over a year,then green diarrhea for half a year. I treated it with tons of raw garlic every day for over a month.atfirst it made it worse but then it improved 200%