Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tylenol

[Ra...]

"I heard..."  ::) ::)

I can find absolute zero references to indicate that ibuprofen (motrin) potentiates  GABA, interacts with benzos, or is any way a GABAergic drug.

It's an NSAID, like Tylenol, Aleve, aspitin, etc.

[38...]

After reading in the boards here that ibuprofen affects GABA, I searched but cannot find any evidence of that.

That belief is read and then repeated in new threads, perpetuating it as a 'known fact' - would love it if someone could find evidence one way or the other.

I used ibuprofen a few times and it had no detectable effect on my GABA.

Tylenol seems to be more damaging to the liver (another rumor), but maybe small amounts are not dangerous.

After reading in the boards here that ibuprofen affects GABA, I searched but cannot find any evidence of that.

That belief is read and then repeated in new threads, perpetuating it as a 'known fact' - would love it if someone could find evidence one way or the other.

I used ibuprofen a few times and it had no detectable effect on my GABA.

Tylenol seems to be more damaging to the liver (another rumor), but maybe small amounts are not dangerous.

High doses of Tylenol can in fact cause liver damage.  That's not a rumor.

"Liver damage is the most serious side effect of Tylenol and can be fatal. Overdosing on Tylenol or other acetaminophen-containing drugs leads to Tylenol poisoning, which in turn leads to liver damage and/or failure. After someone takes Tylenol, the drug is primarily metabolized (processed) in the liver. Under normal conditions, the liver eliminates acetaminophen and its byproducts, sulphate and glucuronide, without a problem.

By themselves, these compounds are not harmful. But when too much acetaminophen builds up in the liver, the pathways to eliminate these compounds can overload. When this happens, the body uses another pathway in the liver, called the cytochrome P-450 system, to remove these byproducts. P-450 processes these byproducts but creates a toxic compound called NAPQI."

https://www.drugwatch.com/tylenol/

...and folks who are already frightened and confused are afraid to take a med that could help relieve some of their sxs.

Builder, I am allergic to Ibuprofen and aspirin isn't good because I have a bad stomach....I take one regular strength Tylenol about every other day is that too  much?  I sure hope not.....