Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone on Celexa (citalopram) ? Missed a dose

[96...]

[96...]

Hi guys, I was doing pretty well, I was functional, reached a new level of "normal" and then I forgot one dose of celexa 10 mg 2 days ago. I took it normally yesterday and last night, I didn't sleep a wink. Today I'm back in acute.

I am scared because this med gives me really bad akathisia when reinstating/updosing.

Am I looking at one or two bad days or another full blown attack for one and a half week?

I know you can't tell for sure, I'm just looking for some input from someone who has dealt with this before, good or bad.

Thank you!

Oh and is this sensitivity to med "changes" ever going to diminish? I can't be like that every single time I forget a pill. This is hard.

• 2 weeks later...
[96...]

Over a week has passed since I missed the dose. I didn't get a full blown akathisia attack. I got some agitation but I was able to sit still without too much effort.

The missed dose put me through a wave, mostly mental sxs, horrible ones but as long as it's not akathisia, it's ok.

I know I sound like a broken record but I think I've got ptsd from my akathisia experience.

The wave  has slowed down.

I'm just writing this in case someone gets in the same situation.

You will be okay :D