Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thought I was dying, anyone taper BCP?

[ti...]

I had a blood clot in July so I take eliquis for that. Nobody told me to quit my hormone therapy at the time but I did anyway. One week of insomnia, I mean next to no sleep.

So I reinstate bcp

In the meantime I am tapering klonopin. All is well until blood dr told me to stop bcp.

Two weeks later, no sleep again, bad sxs so bad I went to the ER .  My heart wont stop racing. I get a cardiologist who does a screening and I have borderline heart failure.

But after more tests she determines nothing is wrong with my heart, thank God. I did get a beta blocker to help with the racing but basically I reinstated bcp and its like someone is slowly turning my heart speed back down again

In the meantime I am in a holding pattern with the klonopin. Obviously I should not be on the BCP but I would like to taper them, as quickly as possible but I dont want to go into total meltdown again. I did some googling and the pills Zenchant cant be cut?

Do i take then skip every 4th day, then every third?

There is no Dr. I can talk to about this because they just dont get that going into menopause while withdawing from benzos is damn near impossible

• 10 months later...

I don't really think so. If anything it hurt my stomach. I can tell you now, almost a year later, I'm off Eliquis, off JCP, almost off clonazepam, and I am much better. The hot flashes are like only once a day and once a night and hardly bother me at all. I just recently tried to jump off clonazepam and got more chest crushing feeling so I reinstated that at .06 for a while, but mostly I'm ok.

I ditched dairy, mostly, esp milk and cheese and it is surprising how much that helped with hot flashes.

You can probably go off Eliquis in 6 months too unless you have a condition that caused your clot, like a blood disorder. Just make sure to keep moving. They will tell you no need to taper Eliquis but it does,have a rebound effect so make sure you keep moving for 3 months after .