Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone else stopped their taper to switch ADs

[so...]

Just got off the phone to my doctor. She wants me to either reduce to 6 or go back to 7mg as using a pill cutter us inaccurate because the med is not evenly dispensed. Ive only been at 6.5 for 7 days dont think I can go down again already. Her and my physchiatrist want me to swap mirtazapine to trazadone and stop with my taper for a while so want me and on a steady amount if diazepam I'm scared but desperately need their help. My anxiety is crippling and they think mirtazapine isn't right for me, its  never helped. I know you're all against meds but my life has been hell even before diazepam and tapering. I think I'll just stay at 6.5 but try change ADs. I really want reassurance

You were only on the diazepam three months? Im not sure how long with the ads, but for myself i would taper whats easiest first. But then again your doctor is helping you taper and probably knows what is best

BTW I completely agree with stopping one taper while switching. I ended up in the ER because I quit hormone pills ct while tapering