Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can anyone help..,,,if you can please leave a message

[Ka...]

I read in the Ashton Manual that if you are suffering with depression you should take an antidepresantthat it will help in the same way as any other depression, so off l go to the doc's to get one which l have been taking for two week's l have since read that you should'nt take notice of this advice it is outdated now l am worried that the ad will slow my recovery down please can anyone help Love Katrina

It depends on your situation.  Have you ever taken an a/d before?  They have their own issues and eventually have to be withdrawn from.  Some cause a lot of weight gain (I was on citalopram for years, and gained quite a bit of weight), some affect sex drive, etc.  In my opinion, I'd only consider doing this if you are extremely depressed.  Mild depression is normal during withdrawal, and it will go away as you heal, especially if you haven't had issues with depression before.

:thumbsup: