Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Diazepam, Remeron, Seriquel and Amitriptiline.

[Be...]

That's the cocktail I've ended up on.

45mg Remeron (I was on 15 initially for sleep but doctor 1 kept bumping it up because of my 'depression' which was WD, it achieved nothing except losing its sedative effect),

Doctor 2 put me on 25 mg amitriptiline for sleep (it worked well for quite a while but not much any more), doctor 3 added Seroquel to this mix for 'anxiety' - which was more WD, and did no good at all but I ended up taking 50 mg each night to help with sleep.

This is clearly a mess, and I'm scared. I can only even bring myself to raise it right now because my Valium WD has nearly gone away while I'm stabilised on 3mg.

Remeron about 6 months, the other two about 5. Diazepam history in sig.

I don't know how to begin to unpick this. I have a new doctor who has inherited this patient on this battery of psychiatric medicine. I'm seeing a benzo withdrawal expert in two weeks but I suspect they won't say anything about any other drugs, and tell me that's a matter for my doctor.

Please, I'd like your help and advice  but if you're going to fire scare stories at me, don't post. I am simply too on edge to deal with it. Maybe it's not too bad. I just don't know.

Too many doctors prescribing too many drugs! I've heard Seroquel (an antipsychotic) is quite addictive, as much so as benzos. I'm wary of that class of drugs. The 2 antidepressants you're on seem less bad.

Similarly, I feel like I've traded a benzo addiction for a Trazadone addiction. But I feel Trazadone (another antidepressant) is the lesser evil.

remeron and seroquel is an effective mix for insomnia. 7.5+25 does a good job.

speaking from expierence. but adding even Am. to this....seems crazy to me.

i have not noticed any w/d issues from stopping seroquel. i think that 3.25 remeron + 25-50mg seroquel is probably the golden mix for me for insomnia during taper

Geez I hate how they pile on the drugs, just ridiculous! First of all, I would focus on getting off the Valium, then you can tackle the others. Remeron is often more effective on a lower dose anyway, so you might try working that down to 7.5 or 3.25 mg. If you feel like the amitryptiline isn't helping much, that might be the first one to taper off and drop, then perhaps seroquel and then the last bit of Remeron, as it seems to be the most effective sleep drug.

You can do this! Just take it one step at a time.

That 45mg of Remeron might be causing a bit of that anxiety that the doc is trying to control with the Seroquel. Too much Remeron can boost serotonin and amp you up.  I taqke 15mg and besides the sleep, it takes the edge off of my heightened anxiety that come with WD.

Like the others have said, I too would focus on the getting rid of the V 1st. 

Good luck

I think you're asking for big trouble getting on all that shit.  I was on risperdal for 3 years and it slowly, unnoticeably turned me into an idiot zombie - it's like seroquel.  None of thes drugs helps us with benzo withdrawal- that's the truth.  We're so desperate, we will try anything to ease our suffering, but these drugs will just cause more suffering.  The truth is a bitch, but it will set you free, as they say..

I think I made it pretty clear in my opening post that I knew this wasn't a good situation. And asked for help, not scare stories.

You are certainly not the first one to start on a benzo, get an AD added, then a sleep aid, then assorted other things....very common unfortunately. The great thing is that you understand that drugs are not the answer, and are highly motivated to get off.