Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Abilify

[Di...]

It's usually used as an adjunct to another anti-depression med, but it has a lawsuit against it because people are saying it is the cause of gambling,,that's all I know,,hope someone else can help

My pdoc had me on it for a short while, it seemed to add to my depression. So I stopped taking it. Was also taking another AD called Celexa, which I am currently on.

About 10 years ago the psychiatrist had me try it for a month.  It was by far the worst drug I ever was on.  Could not go to work for three weeks.  If there is something good to say about it, it will not be by me.

Sweet pea

My gf was on it for a few years, and it didn't help her at all.. It took her a few months of a nasty taper to get off of it.. After she got off, she was able to lose the weight she put on while on it..

I am now of the mind, that all this shit (meds) is not good for us at all!  We shouldn't mess with our brains..(anymore!)

Thanks for all the replies.

It's not for me, but someone I am close to.

He has had anxiety and depression issues for awhile now.  Docs put him on 2mg/day Klonopin, and now Abilify.

I hate that he's on Klonopin, because that's what I was on before tapering from it, and I know how nasty it can be.

And now Abilify.

About 10 years ago the psychiatrist had me try it for a month.  It was by far the worst drug I ever was on.  Could not go to work for three weeks.  If there is something good to say about it, it will not be by me.

Sweet pea

What about Abilify made it so you couldn't go to work?  Symptoms?

It was so long ago so I can't be too specific.  I do remember being angry and hyper.  Did not like it at all.  For me, and this is just me, any of the drugs that affect two different neurotransmitters made me angry and irratable. 

Sweet pea

It was so long ago so I can't be too specific.  I do remember being angry and hyper.  Did not like it at all.  For me, and this is just me, any of the drugs that affect two different neurotransmitters made me angry and irratable. 

Sweet pea

Thanks for your reply, Sweet Pea.