Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Mirtazepine taper after 10 days

[...]

I have been taking mirtazepine for approximately 10 days during klonopin WD. I stopped taking it on advice from dr and last 2 doses were 7.5 mg. About 3 days later extreme anxiety returned with restlessness, itchy skin and allergy like symptoms. Thinking it was clonazepam WD returning (off 22 days) I ignored it. After looking up symptoms I decided to take a 7.5 dose to see. Symptoms mostly went away. Since I was on low dose for less than 2 weeks, how should I taper from here.

I hear ya I am in the same boat, I have been on it for 2 weeks and wanted to cut down from 7.5 to half that..... things got out of control I had to up the dose back.  I actually bought a sensitive scale (which I am waiting for)  to do small cuts.  I am no doctor but I am going to do 5 to 10% every week.  Seems like a long taper for just a few weeks... but I am actually just trying to get down to half of the 7.5 for now.

I had a rough time getting off mirt. I was desperate because I was gaining too much weight , so I crossed over to trazadone. Now I'm stuck on traz..lol..I was on mirt for a year, 7.5mg and it really helped with sleep ..It's hard to taper off of, as are most antidepressants.