Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Gabapentin - Does it help or hurt?

[An...]

I have been researching this a lot.  The question does not seem to have a definitive answer.  Gabapentin was suggested to me to help with the deep insomnia related to clonazepam withdrawal.  I have been taking 300 mg per night.  I am wondering if this is not a good idea in that some people have said that it can either slow or complicate withdrawal.  I want to make the right choice, so I am open to input.  Thanks.

I have been researching this a lot.  The question does not seem to have a definitive answer. Gabapentin was suggested to me to help with the deep insomnia related to clonazepam withdrawal.  I have been taking 300 mg per night.  I am wondering if this is not a good idea in that some people have said that it can either slow or complicate withdrawal.  I want to make the right choice, so I am open to input.  Thanks.

There's really nothing else to say.  Depends on the individual.

I understand what u are asking, and I'm wondering the same thing. We are suppose to stay away from meds that affect the GABA receptors, so they can heal. I know that much. I'm also questioning a drug I'm taking Orsuppose to take. There are several on this forum taking gabapentin. I would be careful and research more.

I have been off gabapentin for six days and feel so much better emotionally. I was shocked by the fact that stopping gabapentin was like a milder benzo withdrawal. SAMENESS symptoms. That's what convinced me to stay off of it! It obviously affects my brain similar to benzos.