Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gabapentin - Does it help or hurt?

[An...]

I have been researching this a lot.  The question does not seem to have a definitive answer.  Gabapentin was suggested to me to help with the deep insomnia related to clonazepam withdrawal.  I have been taking 300 mg per night.  I am wondering if this is not a good idea in that some people have said that it can either slow or complicate withdrawal.  I want to make the right choice, so I am open to input.  Thanks.

I have been researching this a lot.  The question does not seem to have a definitive answer. Gabapentin was suggested to me to help with the deep insomnia related to clonazepam withdrawal.  I have been taking 300 mg per night.  I am wondering if this is not a good idea in that some people have said that it can either slow or complicate withdrawal.  I want to make the right choice, so I am open to input.  Thanks.

There's really nothing else to say.  Depends on the individual.

I understand what u are asking, and I'm wondering the same thing. We are suppose to stay away from meds that affect the GABA receptors, so they can heal. I know that much. I'm also questioning a drug I'm taking Orsuppose to take. There are several on this forum taking gabapentin. I would be careful and research more.

I have been off gabapentin for six days and feel so much better emotionally. I was shocked by the fact that stopping gabapentin was like a milder benzo withdrawal. SAMENESS symptoms. That's what convinced me to stay off of it! It obviously affects my brain similar to benzos.