Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Melatonin?

[Ry...]

I have a million questions, sorry.

Anyone take melatonin for their w/d-induced insomnia? I've never taken it and was wondering if it helps you stay asleep instead of just falling asleep. I'm not getting hit with the insomnia just yet, per se, but it's starting to tease me a little. Falling asleep is a bit harder and everything wakes me up after which it's a little hard to fall back to sleep. I'm not even halfway through my taper so I'm trying to plan this. Will get remeron if I have to but really, really trying not to.

I use 3 mg of the time-release melatonin, which helps me stay asleep throughout the night. You should take it two hours before you want to go to sleep. Good luck!

I use 3 mg of the time-release melatonin, which helps me stay asleep throughout the night. You should take it two hours before you want to go to sleep. Good luck!

Is time-release melatonin available OTC or did you have to get a prescription? 

I have used 5 MG Melatonin once.  It knocked me out within 20 minutes, but I still woke up every hour.  I think I got to sleep quicker than normal after the wake-ups, but it sounds like the time-release would be right up my street.

Thanks, guys. If I do, I think I'll go with the time-release ones now that I've read up on them a little more. I'm not sure what my symptoms are doing exactly. I haven't taken anything for sleep yet and I slept almost 8 hours last night. I think it's all directly related to how active I was during the day.

It helps some. I have to take twice the dose I used to take when I was on klonopin.

Serious question. I thought your problem was falling asleep all the time...even at work.  Why are you on Melatonin if you can't stay awake?  ???