Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Did trazadone cause weight gain for u?

[fe...]

My P-doc percribed Trazadone for sleep (50mg) and it didn't work out for me.  All I got was a groggy next day(s).

The Mirt is much better!  I like the stimulated appetite because I need to gain back the 15lbs that I lost.  When I gain that back then it is back to high protien, lower carb!

Good luck ferggie!

Thanks Atro, same to u..by the way, I've got exactly 15 lbs I'd be glad to give u, lol...

I only need 9 now, but I like eating!

You'll lose it!

If you can beat benzos you can do anything!

• 1 month later...
Hi my doc give me trazodone for sleep and antidepressant, i was wondering if this medicine can help or it gives you good effect or is it addicted and hard to wean off?  just asking if anyone tried it and what is your experience about trazodone. thanks

Hi Mcm,

I have been on trazadone for about 4 mos. I think it is addictive just like the other antidepressants, and you have to taper slowly.

Thanks Fergie, im very sensitive to medicines my doc said i can try traz for 2 weeks but im so afraid that i will get addicted to it just like the benzo.  i tried mirtazapine on 4mg and very sedating I couldnt function nextday. everything have side effect so hard.