Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Phenibut..any posters with experience or knowledge?

[Ch...]

I stumbled across Phenibut on YouTube while watching vids about Benzo withdrawal. I must admit I wanted to obtain some based on what I have read and listened to!!! Before I do, I want input from BB....

I stumbled across Phenibut on YouTube while watching vids about Benzo withdrawal. I must admit I wanted to obtain some based on what I have read and listened to!!! Before I do, I want input from BB....

I was prescribed this by a naturopath to help me sleep last week. after coming on here and doing a search, I saw that it can also be habit forming and can affect healing because it acts on GABA. I returned the supplements to the health clinic! I was sad, because I was hopeful to try something new, but I didn't want to go down that road. I don't want to tell you what to do, but hopefully you will get good information from others!

Thank you for your response, and I will heed your warning....BUT, did it help a little? I could find lots of FDA/DEA stuff about Kratom, but not Phenibut!

I wouldn't walk but RUN from Phenibut. I've read some horror stories about withdrawal from it too. It effects GABA-B where benzos effect GABA-A. Do you really want to fry both?

Thank you for your response, and I will heed your warning....BUT, did it help a little? I could find lots of FDA/DEA stuff about Kratom, but not Phenibut!

I don't know if it would help because I didn't take any!! I researched it before I tried it just in case when I heard it affected GABA.

It's dangerous - like really really dangerous.  It's basically a Soviet drug that is a cross between Lyrica and Baclofen that builds tolerance like nothing else out there.  I started having a bit of withdrawal after 2 days use.  Google phenibut withdrawal.  It's awful if you use it daily for a week or more.

The only way to use it would be once a week maximum - taking no more than a gram.  It has a long half life so you'll feel it for a couple of days.

Thanks, ppl...the urge to try it has diminished, thank goodness!!! No, I DO NOT want to fry the GABA system any more than I have...Baclofen was poison for me!!! I am glad you mentioned it. I grew up when PILL POWER reigned supreme with its easy fix and I haven't completely moved on!!!