Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hey guys, I'm leaving.

[be...]

I'm not leaving BB, but I am moving back to Ohio. I have many friends there and I am sick to death of the high prices here and rich snobs who try to outdo each other with the number of their servants. I didn't know where to put this OP. I will drive sometime in 4-6 weeks and have my laptop with me. My other stuff I will have to get once I buy a place by flying back to CT. Now, I am finished ruining my life being mom's care giver for 13 years. I have done my part, while my 3 brothers have not. Now it is up to John. I don't think he knows what it entails but he will find out soon enough. I plan to continue to write my book, a first for me, but it surely will not have anything to do with benzos. More like my p-log elongated. I will never write about benzos or even a success story, but will hang out here after I finish my Valium taper to support others, as I have gotten so much support (TY my good friend, Bennie). So far so good in this regard. To me, why write a success story when you have nothing to complain about? Boring! But I will miss my great and ever so wise, pdoc. He said if I run into trouble with my new psych, just give him a call. So I still have his back, oh wise one. And I don't need to mention that names of people I developed a relationship. You know who you are. So thanks. Maybe I'll take another beating, pleading to get my PM system turn on again. ::)

Thanks for tuning in.

Betsy :):smitten:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [be...]

• [At...]

• [Be...]

• [wa...]

What?  Leaving the BLUEIST state in the union?  The People's Republic of California?  Just because a three bedroom condo costs a half a million bucks (a million in the City) and you have to pay another 10% of your income to Jerry Brown on top of your Federal taxes, that's no reason to run off!  And the fake panhandlers on every street corner, they're so charming.  Oh well, hope you find greener pastures in Ohio.  Bring a coat and some boots.

BETS!! I just found this post. I don't travel much into the nexus except for puddings.

Wow, you are getting out of Dodge. Well how about that! I can hardly blame you, but I can hardly believe you are going to leave your Pdoc. That's a big relationship breakup. No phone sessions? Surely the new one will not coddle you the same way (or throw you out of his office when he's in a crabby mood).

You have many friends in Ohio, so this is good. And BB travels well in your laptop.  ;) We are still all just one click away. I hope it all works out well for you. It's a bit colder there in the wintertime so now you will need two blue bathrobes.  ;) and a dog leash....because I see a dog in your future.

8)

Bennie

BETS!! I just found this post. I don't travel much into the nexus except for puddings.

Wow, you are getting out of Dodge. Well how about that! I can hardly blame you, but I can hardly believe you are going to leave your Pdoc. That's a big relationship breakup. No phone sessions? Surely the new one will not coddle you the same way (or throw you out of his office when he's in a crabby mood).

You have many friends in Ohio, so this is good. And BB travels well in your laptop.  ;) We are still all just one click away. I hope it all works out well for you. It's a bit colder there in the wintertime so now you will need two blue bathrobes.  ;) and a dog leash....because I see a dog in your future.

8)

Bennie

Yes a dog is in my future of course. I plan to move once I get everything settled here. The only thing that has been stopping me is my pdoc. I have an emergency appt tomorrow with him. I'm sure he's gonna say I have to stay until I am done. Well, I am done with CT. I hope I can call him if I run into trouble. I will miss him so badly!!!!!!!! He's like my grand dad, except smart. I'll need a new email address because the Dolan family can go only so far. So The also own the Knicks and MSG. I don't know how I will be able to log into BB if my email address does not work. ??? ??? Mom does not want me to leave, but John sure does. ::)

8)

Bennie

Yes a dog is in my future of course. I plan to move once I get everything settled here. The only thing that has been stopping me is my pdoc. I have an emergency appt tomorrow with him. I'm sure he's gonna say I have to stay until I am done. Well, I am done with CT. I hope I can call him if I run into trouble. I will miss him so badly!!!!!!!! He's like my grand dad, except smart. I'll need a new email address because the Dolan family can go only so far. So The also own the Knicks and MSG. I don't know how I will be able to log into BB if my email address does not work. ??? ??? Mom does not want me to leave, but John sure does. ::)

I am ignorant about Cablevision email addresses and portability. You might want to look into that. And also ask the mods about logging in with a new address.

Good luck today.

8)

Bennie

I am ignorant about Cablevision email addresses and portability. You might want to look into that. And also ask the mods about logging in with a new address.

Good luck today.

Thanks sweetie :smitten:

The Adventure begins....... ;D

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l31/lflagg06/good_luck_.gif

All the best you Bets  :hug: Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Betsy!!

A gentleman once asked me if I was from Ohio. I replied,  no why do you ask? He said because you are so nice and people from Ohio are the nicest folks around.

You shall fit right in. Your quick wit and dry humor are well appreciated here and will be in Ohio too.

Dont you dare leave this board for good. Your presence is a welcomed reprieve from the monotonous daily routine of benzo withdrawal.

Happy and safe travels. And boy oh boy what a grand new adventure. I'm a tad bit envious.

Love,

Hope&Faith

😉😉

Hey Betsy!!

A gentleman once asked me if I was from Ohio. I replied,  no why do you ask? He said because you are so nice and people from Ohio are the nicest folks around.

You shall fit right in. Your quick wit and dry humor are well appreciated here and will be in Ohio too.

Dont you dare leave this board for good. Your presence is a welcomed reprieve from the monotonous daily routine of benzo withdrawal.

Happy and safe travels. And boy oh boy what a grand new adventure. I'm a tad bit envious.

Love,

Hope&Faith

😉😉

Hi: H&F:

Yes, I used to live in Ohio for 17 years. People there are just so nice, so I don't know if I'll fit in. Cheap, no traffic, no crime, no crappola. You must be nice too. No, I don't plan to leave, but I might be off for a month or two because I have to get a new email address. Yes, I like to lighten up this place, which gets me into trouble sometimes. :laugh: I'm no downer.

Gilly:

Thanks. Yes, it was my brother who made this decision for me, though I have been thinking about it for years.  I hope I never have to see his face anymore. 90+ days of no talking between us, will continue until I leave. I don't plan to say goodbye to him. He stresses me out too much. He's a true SOB and polydrugged. 3 ADs at once? Plus an AP? Ridiculous. I hope you are feeling better, Gilly as I do worry about you.

Betsy :)

[2e...]

Hey Betsy, congrats on your upcoming move - definitely a good way to stop wasting money on the high cost of living in the Northeast.  :thumbsup:

You might want to consider a Gmail account, which you can create immediately and have wherever you go. You can also forward all of your old email to it, if your current ISP will allow it - otherwise you can manually forward, of course. Also, Gmail has super spam filtering tools.

I've changed ISPs so many times that I would have gone crazy by now if I had used each one's email service.

Good luck with this exciting new adventure!

Betsy,

Have read your posts around here and appreciate them.  I will miss them, so you must come back.  Always felt a kinship with you with your detox from the large dose of Ativan. 

Maybe by the time you get your email address and come back on BB,  I will be done with the Gabapentin.  Tapering 5mg a day with liquid taper.

Good luck on your new journey.

Patti    :smitten:

Betsy,

Have read your posts around here and appreciate them.  I will miss them, so you must come back.  Always felt a kinship with you with your detox from the large dose of Ativan. 

Maybe by the time you get your email address and come back on BB,  I will be done with the Gabapentin.  Tapering 5mg a day with liquid taper.

Good luck on your new journey.

Patti    :smitten:

Patti:

You should be off by the time I return. 100 mg ain't nothing! Good luck to you. :thumbsup:

Hey Betsy, congrats on your upcoming move - definitely a good way to stop wasting money on the high cost of living in the Northeast.  :thumbsup:

You might want to consider a Gmail account, which you can create immediately and have wherever you go. You can also forward all of your old email to it, if your current ISP will allow it - otherwise you can manually forward, of course. Also, Gmail has super spam filtering tools.

I've changed ISPs so many times that I would have gone crazy by now if I had used each one's email service.

Good luck with this exciting new adventure!

Leslie: Thanks. But you forget I am a computer  :idiot:. I don't even know what an IPS is or how to change it. But I do have a gmail account already. What is an IPS? ???

Bets, you are a sweetheart to worry about me but please don't. I want you to be happy. Go live your new life. Gilly  :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So glad Bets that you are well enough in mind and body to leave.  You know what they say in Alanon, "Detach with love"  but, yeah, go.  I look forward to hearing about  your journey back to Ohio.  WBB

[2e...]

Leslie: Thanks. But you forget I am a computer  :idiot:. I don't even know what an IPS is or how to change it. But I do have a gmail account already. What is an IPS? ???

ISP = Internet Service Provider

If you already have Gmail, you can just change your BB email to that one, and you're good to go.

[2e...]

Leslie:

How do I change it. When I type in the name, up pops BB with no log in required. :-\

Just go to Profile --> Account Settings

The email box is right there. Just double check the spelling, to be safe. I get nervous about stuff like that, so I copy and paste directly from an email.

Just make sure it's your own.  :laugh:

So glad Bets that you are well enough in mind and body to leave.  You know what they say in Alanon, "Detach with love"  but, yeah, go.  I look forward to hearing about  you journey back to Ohio.  WBB

Thanks, WBB. I go by the al anon motto, in order to deal with my brother, you cannot change other people; you can only change yourself. So that's what I am doing. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: