Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What should I do???

[Sw...]

Thanks for your reply, benzo girl, and anyone else

Ok  I understand what you said, but

What is kindling?

And,  Now that I am in day 22 since my last taper, I suppose I should still hold until the w/d fx subside?

Then start  micro taper from my 1.25 mg Valium  Right? I need validation please.

And, Is it true that when you get side effects between cuts in a taper,  that it means your brain is healing? If that is true, at least that's a positive way of looking at the suffering! Yes?

Heathcliff

Hi heathcliff:

Kindling means you take a drug, become dependent on it, get off it for a while, take it again and then get off it again. Each time you kindle makes for a harder taper. That's one reason why if someone wants to reinstate, they should do so within two weeks. Otherwise, they have kindled. This does not only include benzos, but other drugs as well. BTW, how are you doing these days? :smitten:

Betsy

Thanks for your reply,

Actually right now I feel pretty sick. I am still holding at 1.25 ,down from 1.5 mg Valium. I am at day 25 in my hold. Withdrawals are not getting any better. Really don't know if I should go up, but I've stuck it out for so long. Very scared. Fx go away at night but all day from wake up until about 8 PM I am a mess.

Don't know if I am destroying my body. Is it supposed to be like this? Maybe I should go to the medical dr? Or the pdoc? But neither really ever give me advice. I feel alone.

Unfortunately, I get scared easily. And now some one mentioned getting toxic! One more thing fir dumb me to worry about!

You seem very knowledgeable.

Do you know how a person becomes toxic, or how someone can tell they have become toxic on a Valium? Why do I worry about everything! I am... :idiot: :idiot:

Heathcliff

Benzo girl..

I know this for sure in regards to tapering.

Whatever cut you make, percentage wise, is supposed to be that same percentage but the percentage is of your LAST PREVIOUS DOSE. So each cut, although the same percentage, will be a smaller cut, be cause you are taking a percentage of your last dose which  was a smaller dose than the one before.

For example a cut of 10% of a 20 mg dose would be a  -2 cut so your new dose would be 18mg.

Your next cut would be still a10% cut but it would be a cut of 10% of 18mg.(your last dose)

That would be cutting by 1.8 mg. so your new dose would be 18mg - 1.8 mg and that would be your new dose of 16.2 mg

I'm not saying you should cut by 10%, I only used that number because it is easy to understand that way.  I hope that helps. It is quite confusing! A person needs to be pretty good at math to do it by percentages.

That's why I just plan on micro tapering by -.02  or - .05 each time I down dose.i think it's easier to get the math correct this way.

But first I have to get through my horrible w/d from my too big of a cut! Going on day 25 of my hold.

Heathcliff

Thanks for your reply,

Actually right now I feel pretty sick. I am still holding at 1.25 ,down from 1.5 mg Valium. I am at day 25 in my hold. Withdrawals are not getting any better. Really don't know if I should go up, but I've stuck it out for so long. Very scared. Fx go away at night but all day from wake up until about 8 PM I am a mess.

Don't know if I am destroying my body. Is it supposed to be like this? Maybe I should go to the medical dr? Or the pdoc? But neither really ever give me advice. I feel alone.

This is a very lonely process, even with BB and if you have a great pdoc, who yours seems to not be of much help. Since you are on day 25, if it were me I would hang tough and take as long as you need to stabilize. As you know, your last cut was too much. At this point, once you feel better, you might want to try the liquid titration method. You can get help by posting your problem on the micro taper thread in the support section. People like builder, SG57 and DP are experts at this and can show you how to do it. I hope you start to feel better soon. :smitten:

Betsy

I've always been confused by the concept of long holds. Wouldn't tolerance eventually develop? I'm always surprised to see people "holding for vacation." I couldn't do that at any point in this process. Haven't been fully functional at any point. My fear of nightfall almost happened immediately whereas night was my favorite before k!

For many people doing holds from time to time is the only way to stabilize. I did one hold for four days and that's all I needed.

Betsy

Hi Betsy!!!

How are you feeling?

I wanted to ask you, what's your experience was c/t of 13 mg xanax, Have you had seizures, or convulsions?

What symptom you you fell hardest?

I'm so tired, I'm crying over 3 h.

:smitten:

Hi Betsy!!!

How are you feeling?

I wanted to ask you, what's your experience was c/t of 13 mg xanax, Have you had seizures, or convulsions?

What symptom you you fell hardest?

I'm so tired, I'm crying over 3 h.

:smitten:

Hi there: I am one of the lucky ones here, as I never had any symptoms, so I'm fine. The 13 mg of Xanax was a horror story. Just a few examples: I did not eat at all during my 30 day stay, same with sleep, I had a seizure, I could not figure out how to use the elevator or the ATM or the phone. Everything was harder after that. Blah! NEVER AGAIN! But I got the guy fired as he used to calll me terrible names, like good morning, you loser. :crazy:

Have you had epi attacks? or as these symptoms as for me, rapidly twitching body, shaking, constant tremors.

Can your w / d, identify with my, in terms of sx?

when you start feeling better?

Today is 6 months, since I'm not  came out from home,  only the taxi, doctor, house.

When you quit with seazure?

sorry, too many  questions  :idiot:

Have you had epi attacks? or as these symptoms as for me, rapidly twitching body, shaking, constant tremors.

Can your w / d, identify with my, in terms of sx?

Today is 6 months, since I'm not  came out from home,  only the taxi, doctor, house.

When you quit with seazure?

sorry, too many  questions  :idiot:

No epi attacks. No I did not have tremors but everything else. Mostly mental things, like agoraphobia and just horrible anxiety and no appetite. I was bedridden for three years and it only got worse. I lost a lot of weight. I had D/P, Vertigo, constipation and D/R, badly. I could not shower or eat w/o help. I had trouble walking. I could not remember anything or could not think. Then my hubby left me. After three years I gave up and reinstated to klonopin. Now I am off K and doing my Val taper now. Enough for you? It was for me.

I'm so sorry you are in terrible pain. I was there for months and I know I wanted to end things a few times, but things are better now. Day by day. Some of the days are unbearable I know.

My doctor prescribed hydroxyzine for me and that helped get me to a place where I could sleep and stop shaking.

Just keep going

Hugs

Thank you for your response Betsy!!!

I'm so glad you're feeling all right.

Nobody will answer me, whether akathisia and paresthesia appear immediately, tapering of the dose?

Sleep tight

Thank you for your response Betsy!!!

I'm so glad you're feeling all right.

Nobody will answer me, whether akathisia and paresthesia appear immediately, tapering of the dose?

Sleep tight

I don't know, as I never had them. But look around here and you'll find people with those problems. And TY, I slept too much last night. :) Maybe start a new thread with akathisia and paresthesia in it to get more responses?

Hi Sweetblackberries,

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Did you want to know about the specific side effects of akathesia and parathesia?

I have no experience with akathesis which is the constant urge to move. I understand that it is a withdrawal symptom that many  people have.

What I have had for my entire tapering time is parathesia. It is a feeling of pins and needles in your whole body or it can be limited to arms and legs.

I also can describe it, at least the way I have felt it, as various degrees of pins and needles accompanied by a trembling or a shaking I feel in my whole body as well. It's not a tremor that anyone can see, it's just a feeling. For me, it has gotten extremely bad when I made a cut that was too big or when I made a cut too soon before holding long enough.

I have learned the hard way to make much smaller cuts and to hold them until the symptoms I have described disappear or deminish greatly. Many times I will get a reprieve from these symptoms only to have thrm come back again.

There's not much I can do except try to relax and wait it out. Some buddies have said that a hit bath will relieve this, for a short time, anyway. But I have never tried it. But  keeping my cuts very small and holding between cuts does help to keep this parathesia at bay.

Good luck to you!

If you are having bad symptoms,try to hold. And keep your cuts very small, and listen to your body. I have been told that major side effects can be a sign that you are going too fast with your taper.

Unfotunately, many of the side effects you are experiencing are going to come and go, no matter what, but you have to believe, and they WILL GO AWAY once you give your brain time to heal.

I wish you the best with your taper, and that you will have as little side effects as possible. :smitten: :smitten: :) :)

Heathcliff

I am today an afternoon nap  :) 

but we that dream not brought vacation  :( 

Betsy you are a happy person, I'm glad you do not know the extent of the suffering and torture, I had even tingling and pain in the ass(sorry, I use translation) who went up the spine, This part of the body was my A full numb, horror

You are right, I will make new topic

greeting

I am today an afternoon nap  :) 

but we that dream not brought vacation  :( 

Betsy you are a happy person, I'm glad you do not know the extent of the suffering and torture, I had even tingling and pain in the ass(sorry, I use translation) who went up the spine, This part of the body was my A full numb, horror

You are right, I will make new topic

greeting

Yes, I think this is a good idea, so pls give it a try. You have nothing to lose, right? I was thinking you are using translation from you posts. No worries. And yes, I consider myself to be a very lucky person when it comes to psych drugs, and in particular, benzos. Take care. That new thread should help you out.

Betsy :smitten: