I asked my husband today, are you ready for the Success Story?

[pa...]

How wonderful Patty! Ron's success story! He went through so much....and now he is healed! It's the perfect/happy ending to a horrendous story. He came out on the other side. Yay! He was lucky to have you with him from start to finish giving him all of your support backed up by your knowledgement. Not having these enzymes to metabolize these benzos have certainly put a lot of us in hell. Love you and couldn't be happier for you and your hubby.

This was Exactly what I needed to read today!Thank you so much for being open,honest and hopeful.You have given that to me on this tough tough day!!wen :)

Pattylu  wonderful great news loved reading this story.  You have been a rock to many on this forum.  Your husband is a lucky ducky to have you.  Keep on keeping on Pattylu.

Love Lizzy xx

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Ron and to you Patty!!  :smitten:

Thank you PG... This means a lot with your post!  You've been a super Admin!

This is great! thank you Patti and Ron, I know you went through such a lot. Thank you for taking the time to post your success, its inspiring!

Also huge thank you for the support you give to others Patti, I am sure members appreciate your help, I know we do!!

Magrita  :smitten:

Thank you Magrita.. your post is truly special to me.  It's been an honor to be in support of other BB.  Just kind of came "full circle" in it's own way in destiny... Thank you again.  My back went out these last weeks, haven't been on much to say thanks.

Hugs to you!  :smitten:

Patty, you have been such a treasure to so many and to this forum.  Not only have you been your hubby's caretaker all these years, but during that time you've supported everyone else, too.  What a generous and caring spirit!

Congrats to you and Ron, may you have many more years of health in the years ahead.  Go out and make up for lost time!

Chal  :smitten:

Aw Challis... my sweet "peninsula" buddie.  You've been a treasure to so many for sure, and I thank you for saying the same to me.  I'm always by the ones going through this journey, just like you and others, as we know and understand... And we support and provide the reassurance of healing, as we know it occurs.  Bless you always Challis... my thoughts always include you daily with lots of blessings.

Love you, Patty :smitten:

Sooooo Happy for you and hubby sweet Pattylu,  It is a tough journey but you and hubby are on the bright side now...Blessings to you both!!

Jude  :smitten:

My sweet Jude, My desert friend... Thank you!  Love to you always.  I posted on your success story and was elated to read it and post.  Bless you always dearest Jude...  Maybe one day we'll meet in P.S...  Love to you, Patty :smitten:

Thank you very much for posting!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Though, when that occurs... your life will be transformed, more then you will even know.  You cannot connect to this now... But.. from this horrible journey and it is... so many gifts are received and given to you.  You become whole and well, there is no more anxiety, no more terror, no more fear, no more physical, emotional or mental symptoms... They all go away, as the beautiful healing power within our bodies that we have, it heals this horrible temporary damage our systems were assaulted with from these drugs. 

You become a brand new person with so much peace within yourself... A new perception of what life is..  This is your future up ahead from this journey."

I wish this for myself. And although I'm not there yet, it's so nice to have it explained, to have someone else experience that blessed peace that I can only dream of now.

Terry,  I promise to you this will occur..  Then you'll come on an post the truth that it does!  It does truly occur and you'll be the testament to this.  Know my thoughts are with you and for you!

Hugs, P :smitten:atty

I don't come on this site much anymore but sure was happy I wondered upon this today. 

PattyLu - you were my strength when I first started this journey with my husband.  I prayed for you just as much as I prayed for our husbands. 

Thank you so much for coming this site and saving so many hearts like mine.  I am so so so happy to see this success story today.  I am happy we both have found the sunshine at the end of this long miserable tunnel.

Please believe healing will happen for those of you not there yet.  It does!

Forever grateful for you - PattyLu

4LOV

Oh 4Lov,

Haven't been on, my back went out on me, but better now.  I'm so grateful you posted.  I think of you and your hubby so much, and was so grateful to read your written success story you wrote for you both.  What a relief it was reading how all it transpired the way it should have; healed!

We were each others strength, from all of us supporters on our special thread..  It was a true support for and with each one of us, and thank God we had each other in strength to one another.  Our prayers were always in strength to and from each other and our significant  other for sure.

Thank you my dear 4Love in posting.  I'm so grateful to hear again from you.  My very, very best always to you and your husband.  Blessings always to you both.

Love to you, Patty :smitten: :smitten:

How wonderful Patty! Ron's success story! He went through so much....and now he is healed! It's the perfect/happy ending to a horrendous story. He came out on the other side. Yay! He was lucky to have you with him from start to finish giving him all of your support backed up by your knowledgement. Not having these enzymes to metabolize these benzos have certainly put a lot of us in hell. Love you and couldn't be happier for you and your hubby.

Thank you dearest Jazzy... one of my "Storm Sisters"... my dear sweet bb..  Love to you!  :smitten: :smitten:

Pattylu  wonderful great news loved reading this story.  You have been a rock to many on this forum.  Your husband is a lucky ducky to have you.  Keep on keeping on Pattylu.

Love Lizzy xx

((((LIZZY))))

OMG... loved hearing from you.  Darn girl its been a long time!  Thank you sweetie.. you just keep living your life to the fullest like you are doing.  Someone special we both know on this site has kept me up to date with your success... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You see our bbs... Lizzy healed and has succeeded truly in life!  This all awaits for you also.  God love you Lizzy forever!

• 2 years later...

This is a very interesting post to me - especially the paragraph that mentions "DNA genetic enzymes." I've been well now for nearly 4 years. In the past few months, I decided to "research" exactly what happens from taking benzos and the reason for all the bizarre aspects of benzo exposure - immediate paradoxical reactions of some, extremely early onset of tolerance, the symptoms themselves, variability in duration of wd, types of healing (window/wave versus gradual), and others.

So, I began reading a neuroscience textbook, many published papers, other online posts from forums and groups, and another book. It seems quite obvious to me that alteration of gene expression is at the heart of this whole mess - not only with respect to downregulation of neuroreceptors but also (VERY importantly) modification of production of enzymes that play a huge role in the GABAergic system. We never hear much about the enzymatic part of this, but I believe it is quite real. There is more to this than "downregulation of GABA receptors."

Hi Eli,

Would you be willing

I do honestly believe there is something that could "reverse" the alteration of gene expression resulting in normal pre-benzo production of these enzymes as well as relatively rapid upregulation of receptors. I wrote a couple "papers" (not intended to be published scientific works) and forwarded a draft of them to a well-known psychiatrist/scientist/professor. I am waiting to hopefully hear back from him. Ultimately, I would love to see someone "crack the nut" to all this suffering and find a way to end it relatively rapidly. There is hope for sure.

Great post and awesome that your husband is well!

I also believe that the heart of matter is the alteration of gene expression. How do we help right the path, correct the gene expression?