Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Yes you are right. I too need to stop looking at everyone else    ;):oXo: and listen to my own brain and body.

I am, I am I am! But it’s not easy! Good luck  to you, but let’s keep up our posting! You know what they say...misery loves company!

But so does

positive thoughts

and good support

and constant encouragement!  : :smitten::thumbsup:

So I’ll be here for ya Kasey....

Heathcliff :crazy:  ;D:mybuddy::hug::therethere:

You Guys are doing great..!! -Your getting this worked out well..

As we get real low, the % will tend to creep up a bit.. It becomes a mix between small reductions and low %.. More options with a micro taper than my cut n hold though..

I found also that % did matter at low dose...

Just wanted to wish you all the best..

:)

Thank you Cant,  you are so right, % does matter all the way to zero.  Its so nice to have friends encourage and guide as make this lazy decline down the benzo river.  It's those rough waters that can really throw us. But we are ones to overcome and will surf high on the waves of success.  :smitten:

Thank you Cant,  you are so right, % does matter all the way to zero.  Its so nice to have friends encourage and guide as make this lazy decline down the benzo river.  It's those rough waters that can really throw us. But we are ones to overcome and will surf high on the waves of success.  :smitten:

Damn Straight Kasey..!!

I know this whole ordeal has created a much better self... -Over the falls in a barrel perhaps..!!

Take care..

Can’t, Kasey.....Yes, we need to watch the %s! We do! Thanks Kasey and Can’t ...and hey CANT, you got off the v in a good way! You sure knew what you were doing!

I Hope to, no not hope, WILL get off the  V also...but when the time is right!

Hearth  :smitten:

I'm at 1.5 mg. Valium, in the midst of a seven-month hold (to get through the holidays), and I plan to cut .25 over two months, down to 1.25 mg.

Does this sound about right?  I read that we were supposed to cut just 5 percent a month when we are really low.

I'm at 1.5 mg. Valium, in the midst of a seven-month hold (to get through the holidays), and I plan to cut .25 over two months, down to 1.25 mg.

Does this sound about right?  I read that we were supposed to cut just 5 percent a month when we are really low.

Hey hun,

As it is often stated, we all respond differently to tapering. So I was looking over your sig , If I read it correctly ( it is well written) it appears as though your last taper of .25 was done over 2 months as well and this produced major symptoms. If that is so, I would wonder if slowing down the taper a bit more might benefit you better.  I appreciate the plan to hold to prepare for holidays and would love to see you make the progress you desire prior to the holidays. But am reminded that my desires should not override what my brain can handle. That is a lesson I tend to keep teaching myself and hope you can avoid that.

let's see what others have to say. You have done a fantastic job, be very proud of yourself! :smitten:

kasey --

I want to think that a seven-month hold would help me do a lot of healing.  When I did last try to reduce to 1.25, I did so only over a month, not two months.  Things were going so well, and I was stable at 1.25 mg. of Valium, but as the excess left my body, I was not ready.  It was all very disappointing.

Do you think I ought to hold for longer than seven months, and then proceed?  I have sought the advice of people on the "long holds" thread, and they seem to think that the longer the hold, the better.  I am having windows now, and that is, I know, a good sign.

Thank you for letting me have your good opinion.  I can't allow derealization to set in, because it can be a precursor to a nervous breakdown, and I am prone to nervous breakdowns (in my early adulthood, not for years now).

Julianna,

If you are at 1.5 and you cut .25  That would be cutting your dose by  1/6  which is about 16% That is  a very big cut. Can you handle that?  ???  I think you should think long and hard about that for a while! Seems like a  mighty big  cut! ???

And didn’t you just finsh a hold?

You don’t wAnt to get into trouble again . Usually a cut of 5% of your last dose is the safest.

But everyone is different! Perhaps you can go a bit bigger than 5%  but not 16%...... That’s a mighty big cut!

A long hold will get you back on track, you are right. Good for You! I’m sure it wasn’t easy to hold that long! But you still have to be careful of cuts that are too big ! You just may wind up in lots of trouble again and you don’t want that! Better to be cautious and go slow and small :)

Heathcliff

Thanks for the responses.  I think I am trying to do too much, but that is all that I thought possible with breaking the 2 mg. Valium tablet.

Are you guys on liquid Valium?

Is it expensive?  I would be worth it, of course.

I also don't know how hard it is to obtain.

Your help is invaluable.  Thank you so much.  I'm not sure that it has been obvious, but I have been on a daily micro-taper for several months before my hold.

Hi again Julianna,

Sorry I did not read your post correctly!

I see now that you are planning to cut .25 over the course of 2 months, not one month! Sorry I did not see that before.

So that would be about .125 each month? Is that what you mean?

That sure sounds more doable.. but it still calculates to  between 8% and 9% cuts... which are kind of pretty big cuts ....especially since you are very low in your dose so .....it may still be too much for your CNS to handle?

My best advice would be to go slow and listen to what your body and brain at saying. If either starts to scream at you with wdsx that are ramping up, you’ll know you better slow it down and make those cuts closer to 5or6 %

How does that sound?  :)

Heathcliff

Heathcliff --

Yes, I do plan to reduce by .25 mg. Valium over two months, beginning in early January, after a seven-month hold.  I could easily stretch that over three months, though, and maybe that would be more prudent.

The rule of thumb in general reduction is 5 to 10 percent every 2 to 4 weeks, I think.  I do wonder if when we get lower it becomes harder to cut very much at all.  I am hoping that long holds will save me.  I am doing a complicated liquid daily taper, and I can't go away from home during that time.  So a larger reduction, followed by holds, would work more conveniently for me.  But my health is my major concern.

Heathcliff --

Yes, I do plan to reduce by .25 mg. Valium over two months, beginning in early January, after a seven-month hold.  I could easily stretch that over three months, though, and maybe that would be more prudent.

The rule of thumb in general reduction is 5 to 10 percent every 2 to 4 weeks, I think.  I do wonder if when we get lower it becomes harder to cut very much at all.  I am hoping that long holds will save me.  I am doing a complicated liquid daily taper, and I can't go away from home during that time.  So a larger reduction, followed by holds, would work more conveniently for me.  But my health is my major concern.

I did larger cuts with long holds.. I had unusual problems with liquid.. I think it was a bit harsher, and possibly took a bit longer than it would have with DMLT.. imo..

If you can use liquid it could have a big advantage... The smooth gentle slope of a DMLT vs the shock waves I had from 0.25v cuts...

If you cut for 1 and held for 7, Thats 8 months..

I wonder if you cut the same amount spread evenly over 8 months, if it would be much gentler..??

It can get much easier if one can find and accept the taper rate that suits them, adjusting as needed... But sometimes it is slower than we want...

-some great replies from others, and I wish you every success... Trust me, -It is so worth it...!!

And you ARE doing well...

Julianna and all,

I have been on a DLMT since I was down to 1.25 mg V.

My doc gives me a prescription for ....... Roxanne liquid diazapam 1ml:1mg. It is very easy to use.

It has enabled me to make very precise and tiny cuts with great accuracy.  That is how I slide down in dose very smoothly. ( not like cutting pills and never knowing really just how accurate a person is.)

I am covered  by insurance so it is very inexpensive for me. It is certainly worth looking into. I live in Southern California where it is readily available. I don’t know about other states, counties, etc.

I mix a solution of 10ml Roxane liquid Valium to 90 ml bottled water. It lasts for two weeks.

I use a 10 ml syringe and a 1 ml syringe to measure out the dose I need. Then the solution just goes back in the cabinet at room temperature until the next day.. What could be easier?

Important to remember.

Becuse I am dealing with a solution of 10:1 once the mix is made.....

The amount on the syringe is really 10 times less

So if I put in the solution up to the full ten ml line, I am really only getting 1ml in  the syringe.

( its 9:1 ) 9 parts water and 1 part diazapam.

I hope I am explaining it in a way you understand.    ( also, a ml is the same as a mg.........except a ml is a liquid measure and a mg is a pill measurement.

I highly recommend the liquid if you can get it. I do believe it has made my tapering journey so much more manageable.

Good luck Julianna! :smitten::thumbsup::hug::therethere: :mybuddy:j

Post again if you find that you can get the liquid. I will be happy to help you make a solution.

HEATHCLIFF

Ok, am at 3.1 mg valium and 10 ambien... so not exactly fit for this group!

Am wondering if the brand made a difference to you guys.  I was on Teva, 10 mg. Valium.  Ten days ago switched to my 5 mg tabs(DAN manufacturer).  Was not feeling good on Teva, but think maybe worse now?  I've never been stable during this taper so wondering if should go back to the 10's or stick with 5's...?

Thanks.

Hi Barbara,

I was on the yellow 5mg (Dan) and switched to the white 2mg(Mylan) and didn’t notice much difference. I eventually switched to the 2mg (teva) cuz they are easier to cut and actually “snap” in half unlike the Mylan that seem to crumble. I don’t think switching from the 10s to the 5s would make much difference.

Is it possible for you to get the 2mg tablets? Then on your next cut, you could take a full 2mg and another half for an even 3mg. It would be easier to manage a 2mg tablet compared to a 5 or 10mg if you’re just taking 3.1mg imo.

I wish I had liquid but I don’t think my doctor would give it to me. He doesn’t know I’m tapering and thinks I’m on 6mg. He’s already said I should just be able to stop this low dose without any problems so I had to lie to him and said I just wanted quality of life with taking 3x2mg a day. I did that early on to build up my stash.

Heathcliff --

I'm going to copy and paste your masterful explanation of preparing liquid Valium into a Word document so I don't lose it.  I see my doctor in November, two months before I plan to reduce again.  And so there is plenty of time to inquire about liquid Valium.

Thank you for all your help.  I may call my pharmacy and talk to one of their pharmacists about whether or not getting liquid Valium is feasible.

It certainly sounds like the way to go.

Y’all- oh my gosh. I cut from 1.25 to 1.2 last Saturday. Today, I am finally experiencing the fatigue that I have heard about. I didn’t have a lot of energy before, but now, I feel like I have been drugged- like I’m walking through a swamp.

Does this stick around? Or is it a wave type symptom? My headaches are the worst symptom by far- so painful I can’t function. But they eventually pass- one was three weeks, but it did pass. This fatigue- does it get better before I’m healed? I just need to try to plan- no way I can lead a normal-ish life with this. I can’t drive a car I’m so groggy!

Help please

Y’all- oh my gosh. I cut from 1.25 to 1.2 last Saturday. Today, I am finally experiencing the fatigue that I have heard about. I didn’t have a lot of energy before, but now, I feel like I have been drugged- like I’m walking through a swamp.

Does this stick around? Or is it a wave type symptom? My headaches are the worst symptom by far- so painful I can’t function. But they eventually pass- one was three weeks, but it did pass. This fatigue- does it get better before I’m healed? I just need to try to plan- no way I can lead a normal-ish life with this. I can’t drive a car I’m so groggy!

Help please

My fatigue comes and goes, the headaches aren't as bad but feels like my head is in constant pressure like a pressure point that someone is pushing and makes my entire body feel limp at times.

My brain actually hurts sometimes as I wake up , it hurts trying to function.

Help please

How fast have you bedn tapering..??

I started tapering in early April from 4mg. I switched to liquid diazepam in June at 2mg. End of June, was 1.5mg. Feel like I am getting slammed. Do I stay at 1.2 or add a teeny bit? 1.27? This is brutal. I think overall my taper was too fast. I had no guidance.

I think, as you do, that your taper was too fast.  It has been recommended to me to cut no more than 5 percent per month when we get this low on Valium.  When I was holding at 4 mg. for two years, I found that the windows increased, but I had a low level fatigue for a year and nine months.  I was able to function, though, and it sounds like you are really struggling.

Sometimes up-dosing doesn't help, people say, but I have done it with no problem.  You need to function, drive a car, etc., and so you may not have too many options other than up-dosing.  Try just a little, and see if the headaches ease, and you feel less groggy.  I up-dosed from 1.25 mg. Valium to 1.5, and my symptoms completely disappeared from just that small increase.

Try holding, once you get to a dose where you can function.  The "long holds" thread is especially helpful.

Best wishes.  Headaches and being groggy are no fun.

I think, as you do, that your taper was too fast.  It has been recommended to me to cut no more than 5 percent per month when we get this low on Valium.  When I was holding at 4 mg. for two years, I found that the windows increased, but I had a low level fatigue for a year and nine months.  I was able to function, though, and it sounds like you are really struggling.

Sometimes up-dosing doesn't help, people say, but I have done it with no problem.  You need to function, drive a car, etc., and so you may not have too many options other than up-dosing.  Try just a little, and see if the headaches ease, and you feel less groggy.  I up-dosed from 1.25 mg. Valium to 1.5, and my symptoms completely disappeared from just that small increase.

Try holding, once you get to a dose where you can function.  The "long holds" thread is especially helpful.

Best wishes.  Headaches and being groggy are no fun.

Great advice..!!

Hi, I fear I am crumbling here.. I took half a Lunesta, I kind of updosed.  I was going to see dr. for new rx (she does not know about taper) and ask a few things in general... could not go.  Just so need a night of sleep.  Did take a half a Lunesta which was lying around, and Lunesta really never worked for me really, but took half ( 1.5 mg) and slept 4 hours.

Thing is I need like 8 or 10 or 12 hrs...  don't feel a lot better esp. since I now ruined things, huh?

Nobody to call or anything-- no friends left.  Do I reinstate my original clon?  up the valium?  feel defeated and this has been such a long, long time.  I don't see how you do this without sleep or support people.

I probably could get 2 mg if I say want to try a bit less... so then I would get 2's and 10's (which I don't use but put in box).  But that is assuming I can go on.

Kind of wonder if the sleep dr. who said take temazepam made more sense?  Is that easier?  I am just so very tired and defeated.  My taper has been really slow, hasn't it if you look at my sig?

sigh.  tx.

Barbara --

Your taper has been slow, as you say.  Is the problem the Ambien?  Is that what is slowing you down?

I really feel for you, but I am not sure how to proceed.  I am as confused as you are about your situation.

You are taking a good bit of Ambien.  I have found that Ambien gives me waves, and maybe you are now stuck in waves.  But I don't see that you can reduce anything now, given how you have described your situation. 

Just hold, and hold, and hold.  It appears that you haven't reduced the Valium in a while, and that must be good.  If you can't manage, do up-dose.  I did so, from 1.75 mg. Valium to 4 mg., and I managed well for two years.  Sometimes that is the only choice to make.

Try to find someone you can talk to.  Talk therapy may be your saving grace now.