Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Thanks Cant for the comforting words ! They make my hang in there everytime !

Stay strong aswell ! We will all make it on the other side together through good and bad !

• 2 weeks later...
Reached 2.8mg V equiv today. I never thought I'd be this low...never thought I would make it. So, I do recognize the progress....but lately that feeling of despair has crept back.  Despair over the situation and over how much longer there is still to go.  Everyday - day in and day out.  I wake up each morning and for a split second, I have forgotten and I feel a bliss and then after that split second, reality of w/d comes back and it's such a let down!  Anyway, could use some encouragement to keep the despair at bay and keep going each day.... that everything will heal and be better than ever....that it will actually end.  Thanks everyone! 

Reached 2.8mg V equiv today. I never thought I'd be this low...never thought I would make it. So, I do recognize the progress....but lately that feeling of despair has crept back.  Despair over the situation and over how much longer there is still to go.  Everyday - day in and day out.  I wake up each morning and for a split second, I have forgotten and I feel a bliss and then after that split second, reality of w/d comes back and it's such a let down!  Anyway, could use some encouragement to keep the despair at bay and keep going each day.... that everything will heal and be better than ever....that it will actually end.  Thanks everyone!

Hi, don’t lose hope and recognize how much you have done!  Huge accomplishment.  I am almost a month out from my last dose and I’ve come to realize time is truly he healer.  I looked back at when I was at 2.8 and I was a wreck, just like you I woke everyday to sheer hell and pushed through each and every day.  It wasn’t until I was much, much lower that I had “windows” where it was easier.  You will get there and in fact, are well on your way.  Try not to think ahead and how long it will take, but rather take each minute and hour one at a time.  It will end and you will be better, that is a guarantee.  I honestly thought there was something else wrong or I was different than everyone else and wouldn’t heal, but it’s happening, very slowly, but it is.  You will too!  Just keep plugging along and the end will come. 

Congrats on getting to 2.5mg, sorry about the despair you are feeling. Yes it is a daily thing, and it is what it is , but start telling yourself, that yes it is slow, but My Brain is healing as I go down. Keep as busy as you can, distract and do what you can each day to regain your strength and mojo. Healing is a Process and it takes as long as is needed, Accepting that you are in this for the long haul helps loads, be kind to you, and just do each day the best you can. When bad thoughts come up, think of something good and push how long it is going to take out of your thoughts, this takes time, but you, can do it, many others have and will. Stay Strong and Stand Tall for what you have done so far. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hi, don’t lose hope and recognize how much you have done!  Huge accomplishment.  I am almost a month out from my last dose and I’ve come to realize time is truly he healer.  I looked back at when I was at 2.8 and I was a wreck, just like you I woke everyday to sheer hell and pushed through each and every day.  It wasn’t until I was much, much lower that I had “windows” where it was easier.  You will get there and in fact, are well on your way.  Try not to think ahead and how long it will take, but rather take each minute and hour one at a time.  It will end and you will be better, that is a guarantee.  I honestly thought there was something else wrong or I was different than everyone else and wouldn’t heal, but it’s happening, very slowly, but it is.  You will too!  Just keep plugging along and the end will come.

Thank you! Congratulations on finishing!! That is amazing and you are a hero!

I too think I'm different and some of my sx's will continue for ever or I'm permanently damaged or worse than everyone else....

I know it's one day at a time but I'm just so over this! I'm preaching to the choir, I know.

And begood - thanks too.

This is such a toll on our bodies and minds. 

Down to 0.5 mg today. Plan to hold for two weeks and then jump. Very impatient to be off but determined to do it safely. Minor physical improvements - I stopped twitching a couple of days ago and managed to go for a few walks around the neighborhood again. Still working but taking half-days intermittently as needed. Really feels like brain is healing as all withdrawal symptoms are physical at this point. Almost there!!!

Gwinna

I have a question for you all

I finally made it down to 1.6 v by various tapering methods and as of now I'm dry cutting cause I can't handle phar alcohol based liquid V.  I tried two times even up dosed and held without success.

1. Is there another way I can micro taper beside dry cutting?

2. Did you feel like you can't tolerate the sxs from valium anymore? 1 hour after taking my valium in the morning I feel like it's paradoxical to my body. I feel unbalanced, get nervous, double vision, ringing in my ears start,

feel malaise, and just can't do much until after 5 hrs after taking it.  I never felt like this until I got down under 2 mg.

I hope this is a good place to post this, maybe someone else here on V can relate. Sometimes I feel like holding but the side effects from V has me thinking I need to get off this poison.

Thanks BB

I finally made it down to 1.6 v by various tapering methods and as of now I'm dry cutting cause I can't handle phar alcohol based liquid V.  I tried two times even up dosed and held without success.

2. Did you feel like you can't tolerate the sxs from valium anymore? 1 hour after taking my valium in the morning I feel like it's paradoxical to my body. I feel unbalanced, get nervous, double vision, ringing in my ears start,

feel malaise, and just can't do much until after 5 hrs after taking it.  I never felt like this until I got down under 2 mg.

I hope this is a good place to post this, maybe someone else here on V can relate. Sometimes I feel like holding but the side effects from V has me thinking I need to get off this poison.

Thanks BB

I've used the dry cut & hold method throughout my taper, so I'm not really sure about your first question. For what it's worth, though, I definitely felt a shift in symptoms when I went below 2.5 mg and again when I got to 1 mg. For me it's been a surprisingly clear separation of mental symptoms (improving) and physical symptoms (notably more severe). Everybody is different, but I think many of us feel a difference - and have more difficulty - at these small doses. I considered holding longer than 2 weeks these past couple steps, but so far it has worked *for me* to press forward as long as the symptoms are tolerable. Others strongly encourage a slower approach. Congratulations on getting down to 1.6 mg, and good luck as you continue! We will heal.

Gwinna

Thanks BB

I've used the dry cut & hold method throughout my taper, so I'm not really sure about your first question. For what it's worth, though, I definitely felt a shift in symptoms when I went below 2.5 mg and again when I got to 1 mg. For me it's been a surprisingly clear separation of mental symptoms (improving) and physical symptoms (notably more severe). Everybody is different, but I think many of us feel a difference - and have more difficulty - at these small doses. I considered holding longer than 2 weeks these past couple steps, but so far it has worked *for me* to press forward as long as the symptoms are tolerable. Others strongly encourage a slower approach. Congratulations on getting down to 1.6 mg, and good luck as you continue! We will heal.

Gwinna

I might add that my symptoms and what works for me to find baseline has evolved as my dose had decreased.  i agree with pressing forward as long as the symptoms are tolerable. For some it does get better with time, for some it remains this way till the end. But with each tiny reduction, progress is made and healing is happening. It is one day at a time, you can do this! I know you will complete this and taste the victory.  :smitten:

So, I reduced my dose from 1 mg to 0.5 mg on Sunday. These past few cuts, my symptoms have increased about 2-3 days in. I "should" be feeling awful right now, but I don't. I'm feeling okay, probably about as well as I would if I hadn't made a cut. This is a GOOD sign, right? I know it's too early to tell, everyone is different, healing is nonlinear, etc. ...but is it possible that I'm just not sensitive enough to feel 0.5 mg? Has anyone here successfully jumped at 1 mg V? My current thinking is to hold until Sunday so it will have been a full 7 days, and then if I still do not feel any significant difference, I'll jump. (Or would it be considered "walking off" at that point?) Would appreciate any advice.

Gwinna

Gwinna

I wished that I was in your shoes, sounds like you are making progress.  :thumbsup:

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, because I know I still have a long way to go...but yeah, with windows like this I'm definitely healing!

Gwinna

So, I reduced my dose from 1 mg to 0.5 mg on Sunday. These past few cuts, my symptoms have increased about 2-3 days in. I "should" be feeling awful right now, but I don't. I'm feeling okay, probably about as well as I would if I hadn't made a cut. This is a GOOD sign, right? I know it's too early to tell, everyone is different, healing is nonlinear, etc. ...but is it possible that I'm just not sensitive enough to feel 0.5 mg? Has anyone here successfully jumped at 1 mg V? My current thinking is to hold until Sunday so it will have been a full 7 days, and then if I still do not feel any significant difference, I'll jump. (Or would it be considered "walking off" at that point?) Would appreciate any advice.

Gwinna

Hi Gwinna,

It IS good news..!! :)

I would just suggest to stick to the rough plan you had a couple of cuts back..

As you say, -see how it goes...

I had to slow down below 0.5v, and needed that healing time.. But I is not U..

:)

Best wishes...

Question for people under 3 mg of V. What is your taper rate? As in how fast are you cutting? And are holds working for you at this dose? For reference I’m microtapering V with a scale, am at 2.25 mg and tapering about 0.25 mg a month currently. But things are rough and seemingly unpredictable. Lots of symptoms  :tickedoff:

Question for people under 3 mg of V. What is your taper rate? As in how fast are you cutting? And are holds working for you at this dose? For reference I’m microtapering V with a scale, am at 2.25 mg and tapering about 0.25 mg a month currently. But things are rough and seemingly unpredictable. Lots of symptoms  :tickedoff:

Hi Hope,

Great Question..

I Just stepped off after doing a cut n hold with Valium..

I was cutting about 0.25v Every few months... -slower at the end.. Roughly 1.5v per year..

My waves post cut would increase in intensity over the months, then fade right off to mild..

Below 0.5v was my slowest but many new SX appeared and cycled through.. Some rough days, but within my capabilities to handle ok...

Good days are increasing...

-8 days off...

Best wishes..

"Congrats Cant" so proud that you have walked off of Valium, I see only good things for you, I know your struggles, but I also know the Man that would never give up on Life and also never give up on getting off of Valium. Thank you for all the support you give to all here at BB and I am sure in Your Real Life also. Just think you are one of 10 people that we call Friends that has walked off. Onward and Upward. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten: 

"Congrats Cant" so proud that you have walked off of Valium, I see only good things for you, I know your struggles, but I also know the Man that would never give up on Life and also never give up on getting off of Valium. Thank you for all the support you give to all here at BB and I am sure in Your Real Life also. Just think you are one of 10 people that we call Friends that has walked off. Onward and Upward. 💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

Thanks BG,

You are not so far behind me, and doing great also..

Yes, its getting quite the list.. -lucky number 10..

Thanks BG,

Thanks can’t that helps to know that holding even at the smaller doses was helpful for you. I’m so impatient to be off but can’t push past the symptoms. Begood, you are getting so close to being done  :smitten:

Thanks BG,

Thanks can’t that helps to know that holding even at the smaller doses was helpful for you. I’m so impatient to be off but can’t push past the symptoms. Begood, you are getting so close to being done  :smitten:

Hi Hope, yes I am, but since I go so slow, I still have a ways to go. Just try to let go of your impatience and accept that tapering is going to take longer...and I know you have a demanding job and a Family...stay as functional as you can. Valium will bite your butt...and not think a thing about it...when sx start getting bad, one needs to think about holding and slowing down. I know it is hard, we all want off...but benzo's have a mind of their own. Stay Strong.💖 Peace and Healing Hugs. :smitten:

BeGood

I noticed that you have some long holds. I think I'm at the point where I need some long holds as my sxs have ramped up. Never thought these new sxs would be so bad but hey if a long hold works then I'm for it.

How long are your holds and how do you feel after the hold.

I'm currently having migraines, off balance, feeling ill.

BeGood

I noticed that you have some long holds. I think I'm at the point where I need some long holds as my sxs have ramped up. Never thought these new sxs would be so bad but hey if a long hold works then I'm for it.

My taper plan: taper for 10 days and hold for thirty. When I first started tapering I would hold two months, everyone is different. If you are having more sx's your hold should be longer, and honestly I can not tell you a set number, it takes time for the Brain to catch up in lag time and for you to feel better. If one continues to taper while sx are bad, they will most likely get in a bad place. I feel better each time I hold and my tapers are not too bad, some blips, but nothing over the top. Also keep in mind that I had up-dosed, because I was in a horrible way twice...because I was going too fast. But it allowed me to try a third taper and now I am functional. Give up on a time frame for when you will be off, it is going to take as long as it takes, time and patience is key. :smitten:

I am at 1.6, and tapering at a rate of about .003 every couple of months, and I still feel that. It is a long slow process. I keep promising myself a long hold - hoping it will eventually allow me to taper faster - but get impatient. Good luck: your taper rate would do me in!!!

BeGood

My taper plan: taper for 10 days and hold for thirty. When I first started tapering I would hold two months, everyone is different. If you are having more sx's your hold should be longer, and honestly I can not tell you a set number, it takes time for the Brain to catch up in lag time and for you to feel better. If one continues to taper while sx are bad, they will most likely get in a bad place. I feel better each time I hold and my tapers are not too bad, some blips, but nothing over the top. Also keep in mind that I had up-dosed, because I was in a horrible way twice...because I was going too fast. But it allowed me to try a third taper and now I am functional. Give up on a time frame for when you will be off, it is going to take as long as it takes, time and patience is key. :smitten:

Great advice BeGood,

I get impatient and keep tapering and it catches up with me.  I know I'm hard headed but I have learned my lesson.  :thumbsup:

BeGood

Great advice BeGood,

I get impatient and keep tapering and it catches up with me.  I know I'm hard headed but I have learned my lesson.  :thumbsup:

I do liquid taper. Here is a great support group, go there and ask questions and be surrounded by some great buddies that like us, want to get off one day.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.msg2686470#new