Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Is this thread not active anymore?  I’m about to hit 3 mg- I’ve been looking forward to joining those of you who are at the end of your taper. I’m hoping it’s a good sign that folks under 3 mg are not posting  :smitten:

Is this thread not active anymore?  I’m about to hit 3 mg- I’ve been looking forward to joining those of you who are at the end of your taper. I’m hoping it’s a good sign that folks under 3 mg are not posting  :smitten:

I believe at least 3 people have ended taper but there are more working their way to join  ;D

I believe at least 3 people have ended taper but there are more working their way to join  ;D

Yes, 3 or 4 of us recently finished our tapers, so the group thinned out. It's good to bump the thread so more people see it. :thumbsup: 

I am here Candice!!! And anybody else who wants to be here!!! I will be here for 4 months or more!  And even then I will check back!!! I hope more people will get active with this thread!  And even people higher than 3!  I am at .99mg today!  Hanging in there.  Some tough times, some ok times!  Hanging in there taking it as it comes!!! Congrats on getting close to 3mg!!!❤

BLL, I want to be there put I have a ways to go, but I am always reading.  .If anybody learned anything helpful as they progressed down, I would love to read it!!

When did most of you go to 1 dose a day and what dose did you start at?  Any reply is very appreciated  :D :D.  Mary 💜

BLL, I want to be there put I have a ways to go, but I am always reading.  .If anybody learned anything helpful as they progressed down, I would love to read it!!

When did most of you go to 1 dose a day and what dose did you start at?  Any reply is very appreciated  :D :D.  Mary 💜

Mary, I stayed at 2 doses. I didn't see any point in rocking the boat. My guess is that Ashton went to one dose because she was pill splitting and couldn't split enough to make 2 doses at the end.

I have been on one nightime dose almost since the beginning over 2 years ago, when I mistakenly started at 15 mg valium. Should have been 5. Now just under 0.5 and cutting 5% per 2 weeks and having a really bad time, which I think is down to scales inaccuracy. Tried all sorts of liquids ages ago and all gave me nightmares. No idea what to do next.

I have been on one nightime dose almost since the beginning over 2 years ago, when I mistakenly started at 15 mg valium. Should have been 5. Now just under 0.5 and cutting 5% per 2 weeks and having a really bad time, which I think is down to scales inaccuracy. Tried all sorts of liquids ages ago and all gave me nightmares. No idea what to do next.

Bob7 created a dry micro taper. There's a link to it on his profile.  Bob7

Sorry to hear Chenka, you are getting close to the end! But you are suffering!!☹ I hope I will be able to keep up this rate but know things get harder the lower we go!!! Thinking of you! ❤

Thanks but, apart from still having to rely on scales, that sounds like a lot of work. I tried pharmacy capsules a few months ago, not microtaper, and they gave me problems. I have seen a lot of people using microtaper, who are having just as much trouble as I anyway. I think I will hold for a week longer , then reduce the cut. If that fails, I may just jump because I'm just sick to death of the whole shebang at this point.

Thanks but, apart from still having to rely on scales, that sounds like a lot of work. I tried pharmacy capsules a few months ago, not microtaper, and they gave me problems. I have seen a lot of people using microtaper, who are having just as much trouble as I anyway. I think I will hold for a week longer , then reduce the cut. If that fails, I may just jump because I'm just sick to death of the whole shebang at this point.

What dose are you at now? If you're low enough to jump, I would say holding a bit and then jumping is a good plan.

I am here Candice!!! And anybody else who wants to be here!!! I will be here for 4 months or more!  And even then I will check back!!! I hope more people will get active with this thread!  And even people higher than 3!  I am at .99mg today!  Hanging in there.  Some tough times, some ok times!  Hanging in there taking it as it comes!!! Congrats on getting close to 3mg!!!❤

Hi there!

Oh wow, .99 mg!-  That's incredible!  Congrats to you! One day at a time- we are getting there <3 . Assuming all things stay on course, I'll be at 3.0 mg on Thursday  :smitten:  It's a huge milestone for sure. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Hi Mary!

I never dropped a dose in my Valium taper- I began with 3 doses, and I'm still on 3 doses.  I plan to keep it that way until the very end.  Originally my bedtime dose was very heavy compared to the morning and afternoon doses.  I'm currently bringing my bedtime dose down to 1 mg, and then I will reduce the morning and bedtime doses (alternating taking .01 mg from each, every other day), until they both reach .75 mg which is my afternoon dose, and then they will all be equal.  From that point I plan on taking them all down equally, removing .01 mg each day from one dose.  That's assuming my body continues to like this pace of .01 mg reduction per day through the end.  :smitten:

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time, Chenka, you are soooooo close!  :smitten:

I tried all sorts of liquid in the past, with bad results. Now I'm at under 0.5 of valium, the scales are inaccurate, I think..having increasing anxiety etc. Has anyone tried liquids successfully after previous failure?

I tried all sorts of liquid in the past, with bad results. Now I'm at under 0.5 of valium, the scales are inaccurate, I think..having increasing anxiety etc. Has anyone tried liquids successfully after previous failure?

My first try with liquids was horrible I had non stop nausea for 7 days...then decided to go back to dry cutting. I waited 2 wks and then restarted liquid taper, and everything was fine, and so glad I didn't give up. I am thankful that it worked for me finally. I am not sure why it causes us to have problems, but it does to some, so that is my story with changing over. Firstly I knew I was doing everything right, and I was not freaking out, what I felt was real, and by stopping I was able to go back, for me it has been a godsend to have this way of tapering. Best to all. Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Wow, begood! You are so close!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I, like you, will be walking off...I don't want to risk any chances of having really severe withdrawal symptoms.  Be there, done that, not going to repeat that!  Keep it up friend!!!❤

Wow, begood! You are so close!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I, like you, will be walking off...I don't want to risk any chances of having really severe withdrawal symptoms.  Be there, done that, not going to repeat that!  Keep it up friend!!!❤

You are getting low BLL  :D. We both use the same tracker Dog  :). I have a tri colored Chi-pin and they really look a lot a like  ;). Love the pic of your lab.  My sister had a chocolate lab, she passed away a few years ago, but even as big as she was , she was the baby of the family, bet yours is too.

Mary 💜💜

I agree 100%, this is a entirely different taper, just blips at times and I am functional. So will walk off in Fumes..Stay Strong. 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Hello Blacklablady

I’ve decided to join this little group here, I am at 3.5mg a little higher than the qualification for joining 😂 and been holding for quite some time now. I was concentrating on jumping off amitriptyline which was the worst ride of my life, left the Ami in November 2017 and still have effects but they are starting to subside. (Vertigo, light sensitivity, anxiety, aches, ETD and breathing issues retraining the way I breathe at the present time)

I’ve decided to come back for the support as I don’t think I can do this on my own anymore, it’s hard for people who haven’t experienced benzo withdrawal to appreciate what we all have to go through to get off.

Many of the people I used to liaise with have now moved on from BB. So I feel a little lonely, like the new kid although at 54 hardly a kid.

Lately I have suffered depressive episodes a side effect of Ami which I never had before, but I am a very private person and don’t like to woe is me around family so I’ve become a wonderful actor.

Hopefully I will get to know you all and be able to contribute and offer support in return.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy  :smitten:

Gypsy!!! So glad you have joined us!!! Like I said, it doesn't really matter what your number is, we are all here for support!! I am so glad you reached out!!! Sorry to hear you are still dealing with vertigo, light sensitivity, anxiety, aches and especially breathing issues (those haven't popped up for me yet.That must be very scary for you!).  I too have many of those symptoms, and several others.  These drugs are evil!!! And I think it is normal we have depressive episodes when our situation SUCKS SO BADLY!!!! I think it is ok to feel down, to cry, all that stuff as nobody should have to go through what we are living.  And you've been fighting a long time!!! I am trying really hard to notice small little positive things around me each day.  Today, logging on and seeing you have joined us made me smile!!! Thank you!  It helps to know we are not suffering alone!  Thinking of you! ❤

Hello Blacklablady

I’ve decided to join this little group here, I am at 3.5mg a little higher than the qualification for joining 😂 and been holding for quite some time now. I was concentrating on jumping off amitriptyline which was the worst ride of my life, left the Ami in November 2017 and still have effects but they are starting to subside. (Vertigo, light sensitivity, anxiety, aches, ETD and breathing issues retraining the way I breathe at the present time)

I’ve decided to come back for the support as I don’t think I can do this on my own anymore, it’s hard for people who haven’t experienced benzo withdrawal to appreciate what we all have to go through to get off.

Many of the people I used to liaise with have now moved on from BB. So I feel a little lonely, like the new kid although at 54 hardly a kid.

Lately I have suffered depressive episodes a side effect of Ami which I never had before, but I am a very private person and don’t like to woe is me around family so I’ve become a wonderful actor.

Hopefully I will get to know you all and be able to contribute and offer support in return.

Luv n hugs

Welcome Gypsy!

3.5 is not far off from 3.0!  Congrats on getting to this point!  I’m glad we’re finding more members to join our group.  Also, at the rate I’m tapering, (turtle slow), I hope to be off next summer 2020. 

How is everyone today?  I’m having some upticks of symptoms, but nothing terrible- all manageable.

The lower I get, the more clarity I am getting. Most days, the cognitive fog is gone, it seems lately the majority of my symptoms are mostly physical. I spend a lot of time resting during the day.

I have 2 kids and 2 step kids (ages 8-11), and they keep me going.

:smitten:

Wow Candice!!! 4 kids and a hubby!!! There is a lot going on in your house!!! I was never able to have kids but I am a teacher, although I am on a leave currently 😔. There is no way I could phsically or mentally handle, and be responsible for, 28 little kinder kids!!! I can barely take care of myself!! I too am having a lot of physical symptoms lately, and also feel extremely exhausted!!! Some days I can barely move off the couch!!! And I have to nap bc I can't keep my eyes open.  I've always had very bad anxiety, hence why I was put on a benzo in the first place (unknowingly). Along with the anxiety, it's G.I issues, heart pain and some palpitations, light sensitivity, vertigo like symptoms which lead to balance issues, sensitivity to noise, tremors, whole body vibrations, cog fog, like you at times, sad moments (sometimes I still can't believe I'm even in this situation), headaches and about 4 times I've felt like I was getting stung by a wasp...woke me up at night!  So crazy!!! I don't suffer from insomnia anymore as my team from the hospital have put me on Trazedone, which I will have to ween from, or I can choose to stay on it.  It is an SSRI that has a sedating effect, so I've gone from having 2 to 3 hours a night to 7, 8 max!  Think it has helped the anxiety and sadness greatly!! Every now and then I have a good cry! Gotta let all my anger and frustration out from this horrible experience. Anyhow, I guess we are all doing the best we can given our circumstances.  I never dreamed in a million years I'd be in this predicament!!! As I'm sure is the same for you, and everyone else on BB.  Hang in there friend!!❤

Gypsy!!! So glad you have joined us!!! Like I said, it doesn't really matter what your number is, we are all here for support!! I am so glad you reached out!!! Sorry to hear you are still dealing with vertigo, light sensitivity, anxiety, aches and especially breathing issues (those haven't popped up for me yet.That must be very scary for you!).  I too have many of those symptoms, and several others.  These drugs are evil!!! And I think it is normal we have depressive episodes when our situation SUCKS SO BADLY!!!! I think it is ok to feel down, to cry, all that stuff as nobody should have to go through what we are living.  And you've been fighting a long time!!! I am trying really hard to notice small little positive things around me each day.  Today, logging on and seeing you have joined us made me smile!!! Thank you!  It helps to know we are not suffering alone!  Thinking of you! ❤

Blacklablady 

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, I joined this group because it feels really positive, and I totally agree with you that it’s ok to have down depressive crying woe is me times, better letting it all out than in. I think half my problems have been through burying emotions and always helping others to my own detriment.

What started me down this track was a series of disasters and misdiagnosis but trying not to dwell and move forward instead.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Love

Gypsy :smitten:

Hello Blacklablady

Luv n hugs

Welcome Gypsy!

3.5 is not far off from 3.0!  Congrats on getting to this point!  I’m glad we’re finding more members to join our group.  Also, at the rate I’m tapering, (turtle slow), I hope to be off next summer 2020. 

How is everyone today?  I’m having some upticks of symptoms, but nothing terrible- all manageable.

The lower I get, the more clarity I am getting. Most days, the cognitive fog is gone, it seems lately the majority of my symptoms are mostly physical. I spend a lot of time resting during the day.

I have 2 kids and 2 step kids (ages 8-11), and they keep me going.

:smitten:

Hi Candice

Thankyou for the welcome message, funny because I haven’t been on for quite some time I am having to remember how to work all this again (just don’t ask me to post a pic 😂 totally braindead in adding quotes etc)

I have learnt through experience with these meds to go slow and definitely at your own pace, it’s a marathon not a sprint and definitely not a competition I am testament to that as I’m still here and I think I joined 2013.ive seen many come and go successfully and a few who didn’t make it at all (which was devastating and still upsets me to this day)I get so emotional remembering them and the lower my dose the more emotional I get.

I’ve also noticed that the lower I go the more emotionally sensitive I have become, which is totally the opposite of what I used to be.

Candice I too have found the lower you get the more clarity you have, I am also finding that my memory is returning, which is amazing, the brain and body can and will repair itself.

Wow you must be super busy with 4 children, I have 3 grown children and 2 grandchildren with another due in about 9 weeks.

Anyway I’ve waffled long enough, really happy to be here.

Love

Gypsy :smitten: