Important Survey - Please Participate ×

3,2,1: Under 3 mg Valium people

[os...]

Gardie - so glad to know I'm not alone in this weird, kinda anti-climactic post-jump feelings!  Thanks for chiming in!  I'm not really sure where to post anymore - lol. I feel more aligned with this group still than the post-taper section....which is kinda a scary section...so I may just stick around here for a while.

I'll have to try that sleep meditation too.

Yeah, I don't go onto the post withdrawal board any more. It looks to me like nearly all of those posting are really suffering, usually because of a too-fast taper or to-high jump. It's scary.

As for me, I was happy to see my post-jump buddies still posting here. I really wanted to hear from them as I got closer to the finish line. So I probably will keep posting here at least for awhile.

I have done some reading. Librium's metabolites have a half life of 8 days. So that's 16 days to 1/4 dose left. 24 days to 1/8 of the dose left. Now think about all the doses we took right up to jump day. Those doses are still doing their half-life countdown in us. I figure it's at least a month before those final doses are pretty much gone.

Then I read on an addiction site that benzos can be detected in hair up to 90 days after the last dose. (I'm figuring those are the long benzos like V and L.) So they are being released from our fat stores and cleared for 3 months. Really, we are still tapering! Only we don't have any feeling of control any more. We just wait.

But, as we wait, know that we really are tapering the drug out of our bodies so we will have windows and waves because of that. 3 months to be patient. We were patient for years already. We can do 3 more months! :thumbsup:

Gardie :smitten:

Thank you!!!!  This is such a great post!!  All so true and so reassuring.  I was just going to do a librium elimination calculation...now I don't have to since you already have.  Yes, we can do 3 more months - right around Halloween.  I like having a target time frame like that...and when 3 months comes, we can set a new target time frame if necessary.  You're absolutely right that there is the feeling of not having "control" anymore which has been giving me some anxiety.  But you're also right that we are actually still tapering...just not making and taking doses everyday, but absolutely still tapering.  So we don't really belong in the post-taper section... lol!  Thanks again for the great info and support Gardie!  :smitten:

Yes, and then after the 3 months the brain gets to do the the deep healing with no benzo in the way any more. I think we just need to remember this. Give ourselves time. Expect that little by little we will see improvements until one day we notice we have our brains back. ;D And you are just a young whippersnapper! You will actually get your brain back! I joined the over 60 club this month. But that's OK. I figure I get to be quirky all I want because I can claim "senior moment" for just about anything. Could be fun! :laugh:

Gardie and Libr, I like reading you post so stay here for awhile. I'm not good at typing my thoughts so I read yours and they pretty much align with mine.  Happy  Healing  :smitten:

Look what I found, a reduction by half-life calculator. If you put in too small of a dose, it will just round the mg down to zero immediately. But you can still see the percentage of the dose left hour by hour and calculate the mg for yourself.

I plugged in 5mg of L because that's the smallest capsule size in the USA. It took 1,400 hours to reach zero. That's almost 2 months. Crazy.

https://www.thecalculator.co/health/Medicine-Half-Life-Calculator-623.html

Hi Gardie, Libr, Caltn—

I’m at day 73 off.  I just had my first full day window yesterday!  I felt calm!  It was wonderful!

I hope you are doing well. 

Hi Gardie, Libr, Caltn—

I’m at day 73 off.  I just had my first full day window yesterday!  I felt calm!  It was wonderful!

Circle, thank so much for sharing this. I'm so happy for you!

Hi Gardie, Libr, Caltn—

[/quote

Feeling better today but of course I'm off work and relaxing with no worries.  I'm very glad you're doing better , those windows will be very welcome when they come.  I'm waiting for the day when we all can be healed . 

Cheers

Hi friends,

If you have done or if you're currently doing a daily liquid micro taper of diazepam, I'm hoping you can chime in. 

I'm at 3.22 mg (down from 11 mg), and I'm currently eliminating roughly .30 mgs per month.  I'm taking out .01 mgs per day, and this is the pace that works for me right now.  Have any of you gotten below 3.2 mgs and were able to speed your pace up at some point?

Yes, I am fishing for positive experiences and hope that maybe my body will eventually be able to handle a faster pace as I get lower in my dose.  I have done a symptom-led, body-led taper this entire time, so I already know to listen to my body.  I just would love to hear if any of you have experienced a readiness to go faster as you dropped below 3 mgs.

:smitten:  Thanks

Hi friends,

If you have done or if you're currently doing a daily liquid micro taper of diazepam, I'm hoping you can chime in. 

I'm at 3.22 mg (down from 11 mg), and I'm currently eliminating roughly .30 mgs per month.  I'm taking out .01 mgs per day, and this is the pace that works for me right now.  Have any of you gotten below 3.2 mgs and were able to speed your pace up at some point?

Yes, I am fishing for positive experiences and hope that maybe my body will eventually be able to handle a faster pace as I get lower in my dose.  I have done a symptom-led, body-led taper this entire time, so I already know to listen to my body.  I just would love to hear if any of you have experienced a readiness to go faster as you dropped below 3 mgs.

Candice, I tapered Librium, which is very similar to Valium. Yes, I was able to speed up when I got lower. I think I started to feel better at what would be 2mg of Valium. If you're feeling good, you could give it a careful try.

Hi friends,

Hi Candice,

I’m holding at 1.25mg now down from 7mg, things got better until I reached to the tolerance dose. So don’t push yourself too hard just listen to your body, good luck to you  :)

Thank you guys. I’m at 3.2 mg today, decreasing at a pace of .01 mg per day- so I’ll be joining y’all in 20 days when I’m officially at 3 mg! A ‘club’ I’ve been dreaming of joining for a long time.  We are all in this together!

:smitten:

I am at 1.15 today...we are all in this together.  Glad to have people to share with❤

That is so great Blacklablady!!  This group is going to be down to no one soon and that is fabulous.

Gives us all hope!  Mary

Black- your doing great! I tapered Librium so I found your dig interesting!  I ended up opening L capsules and weighing out the powder for my DMT. What were you on L for originally?

Candice- I remember dreaming to join this grp too. You’re almost in! It’s really a great group- fairly positive. You’ve done such a careful methodical taper.  As for speeding up, this is my advice:  if you think speeding up would somehow HELP your sxs or for some reason is better for you, then consider it. If you want to speed up just to get get to zero sooner, then don’t. That impatience is a sx itself and it usually backfires. I say just stay the course, if sxs worsen, consider slowing even. As you get lower now, more receptors are being unmasked with each cut than at higher doses. The end is delicate. The time will be pass and you will reach zero but you don’t want to shock the brain anymore than we already have. You”ve got this!

Hi Libr,

I was on Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) for anxiety and panic attacks.  Ya, I got hit so hard from 2.5 mg to zero, as you read my Psychiatrist told me to jump from 5mg!!!! Seriously, what was she thinking, even from 2.5mg I ended up in the emerg!!!I was so bad, when I think back, it scares me! I've only been at this a short time and am paranoid I will get really bad again, so I am doing my best to think as positively as I can! But it doesn't always work!! Having a super rough day psychologically today, but I know that is all part of it!  The reason why we were prescribed the drug in the first place gets intensified!!! Were you on it for anxiety as well?  Congratulations on your jump!!!! That is so amazing and you should be so proud of yourself!!! How are you feeling?  Did you feel .20 mg was the correct dose for you to jump from?  I am so scared to go through what I already experienced I may walk off at .01 mg. 

Mary, pls be in our group!  I know you said before you weren't low enough to be in the group, you as well Candice, but really, the number doesn't matter, sharing and getting support does! Please be in this group with me as I'm not too sure who else is?  Maybe Jen (Chinchuck) can be here with us too?  Maybe CMZ and many others can as well?  We are all in this together no matter what number!  ❤

Blacklablady, that is so sweet, and I do come on your group some, also the Valium Support thread and the Long Hold Support Group, so you visit me on either of those and I will sneak over there to 3 2 1, how's that for a deal?  I believe CMZ is already in the 3 2 1 group.  You will never be alone, just consider all 3 places your home.  A lot of people on the Long Hold Support Group aren't holding, tapering pretty slow, but not holding.  I will always be around.....promise 💜💜💜💜

I hope you guys don't mind me putting a quote here.  Since you guys are getting lower and lower, I thought it might come in handy, it is from someone that was really looked up to, off now and living life

"Just another update to what I've written above. Like everyone, I'm learning as I go...lol...

If you do a switch from using a combination of tablets and liquid to all liquid, or even if you switch to different brands of tablets or liquid, it might be helpful to hold your dose for a while, or even do a small updose, just to make sure things go smoothly with the transition.

I recently switched to all liquid, because my dose got down to 1mg, and I took a pretty big hit. I'm not really blaming switching to all liquid, because I think I had other issues going on that I was stupidly ignoring, but just to be on the safe side it might pay to be slow and cautious when you make any kind of change to how you are tapering.". *********

Black-  I did not jump from 0.2. As it says in my sig, I did a DMT from 13.5 on down to zero. The dates and doses are just milestones, not cuts. I tapered every single day w/o holding once I got going. I went all the way down to fumes. That is 0.01mg was my last dose before I slid off. I never considered jumping from any dose higher than that. Just didn’t make sense to me or for me.

I never had anxiety before. I was put on benzo to treat w/d sxs I was having from something else- I just didn’t know at the time that it was w/d. The something else was a magnesium supplement and I took that to treat a muscle spasm. When I stopped that, I got w/d and then a few wks later, a neurologist started me on klonopin.

Hope this clears up my story. You are all doing great. Keep going one day at a time!

Hi Libr,

I was on Librium (Chlordiazepoxide) for anxiety and panic attacks.  Ya, I got hit so hard from 2.5 mg to zero, as you read my Psychiatrist told me to jump from 5mg!!!! Seriously, what was she thinking, even from 2.5mg I ended up in the emerg!!!I was so bad, when I think back, it scares me! I've only been at this a short time and am paranoid I will get really bad again, so I am doing my best to think as positively as I can! But it doesn't always work!! Having a super rough day psychologically today, but I know that is all part of it!  The reason why we were prescribed the drug in the first place gets intensified!!! Were you on it for anxiety as well?  Congratulations on your jump!!!! That is so amazing and you should be so proud of yourself!!! How are you feeling?  Did you feel .20 mg was the correct dose for you to jump from?  I am so scared to go through what I already experienced I may walk off at .01 mg. 

Mary, pls be in our group!  I know you said before you weren't low enough to be in the group, you as well Candice, but really, the number doesn't matter, sharing and getting support does! Please be in this group with me as I'm not too sure who else is?  Maybe Jen (Chinchuck) can be here with us too?  Maybe CMZ and many others can as well?  We are all in this together no matter what number!  ❤

Your  experience with doctors resembles what I went through. I  was on librax for my stomach for 2 years and tapered down to 1 5 mg pill. I was  told to just stop but I did have someone else tell me to try and taper. How was I going to do that with a capsule was my thoughts. I would open the capsule and take half, I did this  for about 2 months and jumped at 2.5 mg and all hell broke loose. My legs muscles shook for 2 months and sever fatigue.

Hi Caltn, I makes me so mad that so many of us have innocently followed our doctors suggestions to take these evil drugs, without them even telling us about them or how dangerous they really are, and then we are just supposed to magically get off them!  I put my trust in the medical profession and got burned like so many of you.  She kept me on it knowing dependence could happen! I had no clue! And then it did!!! I wish there were some class action lawsuit bc so many people have been so damaged by benzos!!!! I will never put another pill in my mouth again without doing my research on it!!! Lesson learned!!! The hard way!!!!! :-[