Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

new to forum

[je...]

hi everyone, i am new here. my friend tiffany told me about benzobuddies. i am now 7.5 months off a c/t of ambien/ ativan and trazodone. haivng a tough time. main symptoms is 24/7 head /sinus pain and pressure. feeling very discouraged today. missing my life tremendously and taking loses. never thought this would ever happen. need to pick up the peices but too sick right now, really need support. thanks!! sorry but i'll apologize for my typing skills in advance.  :)  jenn

Hi Jenn,

I'm sure your typing skill are better than mine! I'm forever having to edit my posts to make sense of them! ::)

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. :)

Hello to my dear friend Jennifer, life can only get better, cuz I can't imagine it getting any worse than this. Just focus on our vacation in the future, sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through the day! That day will come, hopefully sooner than later! Love ya lots lovetiff :)

[21...]

Hello Jen!

Welcome to Benzobuddies.

Sorry about the hard time you are having right now, it is painful isnt it.  :'( I am about 3 months behind you in finishing with benzos, so I am feeling a bit yuck myself, but we will get there, and this nightmare will be behind us. ;D

Take good care of yourself.

Vicky  :)

Hi Jennifer!

I am new as well and have found some very comforting support here. And might I add you have a very GREAT FRIEND in Tiffany.

Welcome

Karl

hi all, thanks for making me feel welcome. you all sound like a good group of people!! we'll get there!! i go from hopeful to discouraged all the time. i am just missing my life . i didn't appreciate it  like i should have. now i am trying very hard to hold it together. the waxing and waning of symptoms is getting to me. not know what tomorrow will bring. i have seen slight improvement and i am sure progress will continue to come.. it is just soooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww! thanks for the welcome!! jennifer  :)

hi colin, i hope i didn't step out of line and mentioned the ashton manual to lori. i really think water titration would be the way to go because the cuts are so slight and it would just have to be easier on the cns... but i didn't think you could get the water titration kit in the usa. i am not even sure what country this forum is from??? please forgive me. she also is on b vitamen and i have read that b vitamen are esp hard on the cns in withdrawal but i know everyone is different and supplement would affect us all very differently. i am very sensitive and i would be too scared to take anything. i am completely drug free since sept 1st 2006. i won't even take a tylenol but i might be of the extreme. what is your stand on vitaments and supplements?  thank you for the welcome .. everyone seem so nice and i really need support. the c/t was brutal to say the least and there were some days i really didn't think i was going to make it. i am still struggling but it is getting easier... only by very small increments! take care!! jennifer

[21...]

hi colin, i hope i didn't step out of line and mentioned the ashton manual to lori. i really think water titration would be the way to go because the cuts are so slight and it would just have to be easier on the cns... but i didn't think you could get the water titration kit in the usa. i am not even sure what country this forum is from??? please forgive me. she also is on b vitamen and i have read that b vitamen are esp hard on the cns in withdrawal but i know everyone is different and supplement would affect us all very differently. i am very sensitive and i would be too scared to take anything. i am completely drug free since sept 1st 2006. i won't even take a tylenol but i might be of the extreme. what is your stand on vitaments and supplements?  thank you for the welcome .. everyone seem so nice and i really need support. the c/t was brutal to say the least and there were some days i really didn't think i was going to make it. i am still struggling but it is getting easier... only by very small increments! take care!! jennifer

Hi Jenn,

Dont worry about talking about the Aston Manual, you didnt step out of line at all.  We are ALL here to help and support each other, and that is what you were doing.  Water titration is right for some, others prefer to cross over to Valium to withdraw,(and this is what we advise - because Valium is a much 'kinder' benzo to taper from) or sometimes they are completely unable to find a doctor willing to do the cross over with them. We just try and work with what we have.  The titration kit is not a 'kit" as such.  Just a few things put together, medicine dropper, syringe, blender, container...that kind of thing.  They would be available from pharmacies in the US.

I am from Australia, others are from the US and UK amd Germany, in fact it is truly international.  The forum does not really "belong" to any country really.

Our stance on vitamins and supplements is pretty simple.  We dont encourage them, neither do we advise against them.  People are free on BB to discuss whatever helps them with their symptoms.  It is a personal choice.  I am like you, I could not take anything at all, not even panadol, it just made me worse.  For some this is true, so everyone has to find what (if anything) works for them.  It is also true that some things like the B vitamins can actually make things more difficult, so for this reason we advise buddies to be mindful and cautious when it comes to looking for other things, besides a normal, healthy diet to provide supplementation.  It can also turn out to be an expensive run around, that just ends up making a hole in your pocket and nothing else.

Vicky  :)

Hi Jenni,

I don't really have a stand on anything benzo-related, I just have my own opinions and experiences, just like you and the rest of the members here. I'm not saying 'anything goes' around here, but none of us have a monopoly on information and opinion. So long as posts are supportive, sensible, and discussional in tone (we should avoid telling others what they should do), then I'm very unlikely to have any problem with the post. Maybe your experience of forums has been different to how we do things.

I'm discussing with other members of the team a sensible titration method. It's pretty difficult to devise a system that is easy to use and follow. When we have this place, the intention is that it will form a basis of how we (the team) organise this method around here. Even so, it might not suit everyone, and members (or even team members) may have different ways of looking at the method - that's fine. We are not going to force any particular approach on anyone. Members take what seems most appropriate to their situation.

I hope this settles your anxiety about what you can and connot do around here. ;)

thanks colin, i just didn't want to say anything that is taboo around here. i know for me i just can't take anything.. and i would be too scared to try. what is your history. are you off and do you feel healed . did you taper? do you know of others who did a c/t and recoverred? do you believe we'll ever be ourselves again?  do the sensitivites get better? i have read a ton of success stories but at the same time i have read numerous scarey posts from people as well. just wonderring what your take is the full recovery vs. lingerring symptoms? thanks for your support!! jennifer

ok .. i just read your signature line so i see you have been off for quite some time. how are you now?? are you able to take any medications with no bad affect? i just wonder if we need antibiotics in the future ... how safe it is... and will i ever be able to eat a donut again? :) thanks .. jennifer

Wow, I just it's it's great you are off, but I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling good right now.  I am just starting to taper and did not know that you can have sx that long after going off the drugs.  Give yourself credit for getting as far as you have gotten.  I admire that :)

Maggie