Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Outage

[Co...]

Hi,

We've just experienced an extended outage. The problem is one of disk space, something which has been a problem for some time. It is symptom of an ever growing and busy forum.

This outage occurred during backup, a time when even more disk space is required. Anyway, we've taken some remedial actions which should take care of the problem for now. In the short to medium term, we have plans to move to a new server, so there is a permanent solution in pipeline.

[0c...]

During the outage I was experiencing withdrawal from *benzobuddies*. Help, I think I'm addicted to this forum! Is there a protocol for treating that? Maybe I need to cross over to another forum and then do a slow taper?!

<Kidding!> :)

During the outage I was experiencing withdrawal from *benzobuddies*. Help, I think I'm addicted to this forum! Is there a protocol for treating that? Maybe I need to cross over to another forum and then do a slow taper?!

:thumbsup: too funny chess... :laugh:

Taper the time you are on BB by 10 % every two weeks. Maybe you need to go even slower, to 5 % every month.

You may consider switching over to a longer acting forum.

You're a good man, Mr. Moran -
I don't care what anyone says.

:thumbsup:

Here's to you:
mqdefault.jpg
WARNING: May contain a bad word - or 2

AFTERTHOUGHT: If that's blocked, try this:

https://youtu.be/xoogqyipXbc

(Thanks, Claudia)

Here's to you:
mqdefault.jpg

Hey red ? at my end it says vid not available...ouch. :)

Yeah, some vids are blocked in some countries. Copyright problems.

Try this one:

Yeah, some vids are blocked in some countries. Copyright problems.

Try this one:

Thanks....Colin is gonna melt.....he he . :laugh:

Well, that's a bit of backhanded compliment - but I'll take it! ;D

Here's to you:

AFTERTHOUGHT: If that's blocked, try this:

(Thanks, Claudia)

Well, it seems that I have new theme song!! I've not heard it before. It will get some play time at home! ;D

As for the second outage, same problem. I've just upgraded my existing plan (just slightly irritating since I have plans to move host fairly soon). But, I pay month to month, so no big deal.

The BB tech will have to get to resizing the various disk partitions. Hopefully, he will get to it before the next daily backup (and related outage). I'm not sure, he might have disabled backups for a day as a precautionary measure. In any case, this problem should be fully resolved within 24 hours.

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Well, it seems that forum was again affected during backup today. However, the extra resources have now been applied and disk space has been reorganised. This should take care of the problem until we move server (in the next month or two).

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Well, it seems that forum was again affected during backup today. However, the extra resources have now been applied and disk space has been reorganised. This should take care of the problem until we move server (in the next month or two).

Much appreciated.....thank you Boss. ;)

Gotta love benzo wd brain: I checked out this thread because I wondered why the amazing Colin was feeling "outrage." What a difference a letter makes. Thanks for righting the ship so many of us are weathering the storm in, Colin!

Gotta love benzo wd brain: I checked out this thread because I wondered why the amazing Colin was feeling "outrage." What a difference a letter makes. Thanks for righting the ship so many of us are weathering the storm in, Colin!

hahahaha, me too Katie, until I figured it out.  :sick: