Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The reason the site was down for about a day ?

[li...]

That was not about yesterday's outage specifically:

'Well, it was a little more complicated than I first thought. The website (especially the forum) continues to grow, and we simply ran out of space. Nick, the BB developer, has made some changes, and cleared out some unnecessary data. These are temporary solutions. As it happens, I've been looking at making some larger changes to BB, so space should not be a problem in the future. In any case, things should run smoothly for the time being.'

Out of space ? Not so smoothly for the time being ... I was fine without the forum, but I bet some people were not !

That was not about yesterday's outage specifically:

'Well, it was a little more complicated than I first thought. The website (especially the forum) continues to grow, and we simply ran out of space. Nick, the BB developer, has made some changes, and cleared out some unnecessary data. These are temporary solutions. As it happens, I've been looking at making some larger changes to BB, so space should not be a problem in the future. In any case, things should run smoothly for the time being.'

Out of space ? Not so smoothly for the time being ... I was fine without the forum, but I bet some people were not !

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=138220.msg1856633#msg1856633

Even multinational, billion dollar companies experiences server outages from time-to-time. BB is free and run by volunteers and runs remarkably smoothly, even if compared with many large commercial ventures. It has been a couple of years (at least) since we experienced any significant server outages.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to clarify: it was not a complaint.

I was just curious. And truthfully, a little annoyed.

And that's what I picked up on! ;) No biggie. I was just meaning to say it like it is. I understand how difficult it can be to lose your support during this process. Rest assured, outside of rare, and temporary server outages, BB is going nowhere.