Important Survey - Please Participate ×

new Austin-area benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome support group

[vi...]

IASOT - Seems like - from not only my own experience but most that I have read - you're at that time when withdrawal can be the absolute worst - that acute thing?? My situation was a little different - i didn't know what was wrong with me - was walking around in a painful fog from dr to dr until an ER room gave me Ativan and all my symptoms went away - I was then so scared, bc I didn't know much about withdrawal that  I went back on the Klonipin until i could get to my regular Dr - If I had known what was going on and had been prepared - I would NOT have reinstated........anyway - the point being - it seems like at 2 months out - you are where many, if not most are - the worst of it - post acute??

I've heard good and bad about Remeron and I'm considering it for sleep and weight gain as I get further along - I can't imagine your symptoms would be from Remeron?? Especially at 2 months post taper - I'm no Dr but my guess is - Benzo withdrawal.....Hang tight

IMHO?..? Wait for awhile...the whole deal with wd is T I M E...some things can smooth it, some can ruffle the water, but ultimately time(AND patience) will sort it all out. Being scared is so friggin REAL...but it's the Rx, not you...my fave expression is "When yer up to yer ass in alligators, it's hard to remember the original intent was to drain the swamp..."

Most of my crises originate in my head, and never come to fruition...just doing laps in my squirrel cage...gut-friendly potions(yogurt, smoothies, decafs) help me when the stomach starts clenching...

IMHO?..? Wait for awhile...the whole deal with wd is T I M E...some things can smooth it, some can ruffle the water, but ultimately time(AND patience) will sort it all out. Being scared is so friggin REAL...but it's the Rx, not you...my fave expression is "When yer up to yer ass in alligators, it's hard to remember the original intent was to drain the swamp..."

Most of my crises originate in my head, and never come to fruition...just doing laps in my squirrel cage...gut-friendly potions(yogurt, smoothies, decafs) help me when the stomach starts clenching...

Thanks, you have always gave good info.  I am off benzos now 2 months and the physical stuff is at bay but the mental is horrible, like I mentioned I am sure remeron is making it worse which makes me sad because there is not much I can do about it.  I saw you and your group when I was 2 weeks off and I felt ok then, I was messed up but stress always got me..... now I am way out of wack, I figured this stuff would have com eon earlier but I guess it is what it is.  I will wait till next month and see how I am and go from there.  I wish I didn't need something for sleep and am grateful it works, in reality if I had regular insomnia I would have worked it out without a harsh med but that weird feeling of my brain sending out a message to wake me is so horrible. 

Thanks again, I appreciate it

• 2 months later...
YES!!! The support group still meets...attendance has been sporadic, but it is still every Saturday at 4 p.m... the time slot was expanded to go 4-6p.m...running over an hour is a common occurrence. Getting the word out about this is still a problem, but BB and Meetup are main sources...most detox/rehab facilities refuse to recognize a 'problem' past the discharge date(generally 2 week stay), so reaching out depends a lot on social media(BB, FB)? Flyers are printed, but telephone poles and laundromats don't seem to pull anyone in...haw!...