Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Ashton Syndrome - Please help spread the word!

[Ca...]

A group I work with has been working to legitimize the iatrogenic illness caused by therapeutic doses of benzos. It is unfair that many are classified as mentally ill or substance abuse cases when they only followed their doctors guidance. We have set up a website, white house petition, twitter handle and FaceBook page all to raise awareness on the subject. I have also been in contact with the National Organization for Rare Diseases and Stanford Psychiatry office to try and further our cause. Please check out the following and help us spread the word!

Our Website

http://www.heatherashtonsyndrome.org

Our Petition

wh.gov/i0DOk

FaceBook

https://www.facebook .com/heatherashtonsyndrome

Twitter

@AshtonSyndrome

A group I work with has been working to legitimize the iatrogenic illness caused by therapeutic doses of benzos. It is unfair that many are classified as mentally ill or substance abuse cases when they only followed their doctors guidance. We have set up a website, white house petition, twitter handle and FaceBook page all to raise awareness on the subject. I have also been in contact with the National Organization for Rare Diseases and Stanford Psychiatry office to try and further our cause. Please check out the following and help us spread the word!

Our Website

http://www.heatherashtonsyndrome.org

Our Petition

wh.gov/i0DOk

FaceBook

https://www.facebook .com/heatherashtonsyndrome

Twitter

@AshtonSyndrome

thank you. :thumbsup:

A question:

'Post Treatment

In this phase, the patient has completely stopped the medication, however, symptoms are still present. Withdrawal symptoms, even from low-dose use, typically persist for six to twelve months and gradually improve over that period. '

Post treatment. That is after sudden discontinuation ? 6-12 months is short, actually. I'd be happy to settle for that.

How does a 'taper' fit in that timeframe ?

Just a quick note about the '' text which appears in the link in the opening post. I've not had anyone raise any questions about the text, but I thought I'd explain, just in case. That text is inserted automatically whenever anyone at BB posts a link to any Facebook page, as joining FB groups carries privacy implications. It is not a concern about that particular group.

If you wish to join the group, and you use your regular FB account, you will reveal your real-world identity. You might consider creating a second (anonymous) FB account for joining FB groups. Just a suggestion; I know that many of you have no such concerns.

The petition link doesn't work.

(Some) top level domain name extensions (such as .org and .com) are automatically interpreted to be links by the forum software; apparently this is not the case with '.gov' (maybe because it is a 'sponsored top-level domain'. In any case, if it had the 'http' part of the link included, or if the address is wrapped within forum URL tags, it will be clickable. I've added URL tags to the below link, and will edit the opening post similarly.

Our Petition

wh.gov/i0DOk

To use the Facebook link, copy/paste to your browser address bar, and edit it to remove the '' text.

Thank you all for the feedback and your willingness to sign. My apologies for any problems with the link. The distribution link and URL are not the same (probably for security reasons) and this is the first I heard about a problem with the link.

To answer the question regarding post treatment and duration, we have to cite medical research for the support needed to obtain the ICD code. With that said, we all know how long you took the drug, how much you took and how fast you came off affect the duration. Hell, I think its different for everyone which is what makes it so difficult to "define" and why people continue to be misdiagnosed. Your feedback is critical to improving the site, and creating awareness.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Just a quick note about the '' text which appears in the link in the opening post. I've not had anyone raise any questions about the text, but I thought I'd explain, just in case. That text is inserted automatically whenever anyone at BB posts a link to any Facebook page, as joining FB groups carries privacy implications. It is not a concern about that particular group.

If you wish to join the group, and you use your regular FB account, you will reveal your real-world identity. You might consider creating a second (anonymous) FB account for joining FB groups. Just a suggestion; I know that many of you have no such concerns.

Thank you Colin. :thumbsup: