Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

As far as I can tell, a DMT is a DMT. Doesn’t really matter if it’s liquid or dry- as long as you’re comfortable w/ your method and it gets the job done. Neither is “better.” As builder said, as long as you’re gradually going down, the exact precision probably doesn’t matter. Not sure why there’s so much debate b/w liquid vs dry- as long as it’s a DMT, it’s all good.

That's correct.  Any procedure that allows you to gradually lower your dose, in  very small decrements, will be successful.

As far as I can tell, a DMT is a DMT. Doesn’t really matter if it’s liquid or dry- as long as you’re comfortable w/ your method and it gets the job done. Neither is “better.” As builder said, as long as you’re gradually going down, the exact precision probably doesn’t matter. Not sure why there’s so much debate b/w liquid vs dry- as long as it’s a DMT, it’s all good.

That's correct.  Any procedure that allows you to gradually lower your dose, in  very small decrements, will be successful.

A question about a scale.

Mine is not exact and I tend to ignore it.

Should I totally leave it out or is there a lab scale that I should get?

In that case what would be a good one?

I am doing a dry cut  MT

It doesn't matter. 

One more time..." Any procedure that allows you to gradually lower your dose, in  very small decrements, will be successful."

It only needs to be gradual, it does NOT need to be "accurate" or "precise".  As an example, if you were at 10mg and wanted to drop .1mg/day, as long as your down to 9mg in 10 days, you'll be fine.  (That's NOT a suggested taper rate, its just an illustration for how a microtaper actually works.)

It doesn't matter. 

One more time..." Any procedure that allows you to gradually lower your dose, in  very small decrements, will be successful."

It only needs to be gradual, it does NOT need to be "accurate" or "precise".  As an example, if you were at 10mg and wanted to drop .1mg/day, as long as your down to 9mg in 10 days, you'll be fine.  (That's NOT a suggested taper rate, its just an illustration for how a microtaper actually works.)

Thank you!

I do that, need all the time reassuring...

hopefully for a few days I got it!

Can someone tell me if I am going to liquid today and I dose three times a day . Do I have to put all three doses in different containers or can I just keep pulling from the same container but just shake it up each time I dose ?

Thank you lisa

Can someone tell me if I am going to liquid today and I dose three times a day . Do I have to put all three doses in different containers or can I just keep pulling from the same container but just shake it up each time I dose ?

Thank you lisa

You can keep pulling from the same container. If it's a true solution you don't need to shake again. If it's a suspension you need to shake before each pull.

Thank you lisa

You can pull them all from the same supply.

The easiest way to do multiple doses is pull the full day's dose and put it in a measuring cup.  Top up to 1 full cup with water, then drink 1/3 cup for each dose.  Eyeball is close enough.

what is the difference between suspention and true solution?

In a suspension, the ingredient is randomly-distributed (floating) in a viscous liquid.

In a solution, the ingredient has changed from a dry solid to a liquid, and is uniformly-distributed through the liquid.  Every ml will contain exactly the same amount of med.

what is the difference between suspention and true solution?

a solution = the medicine is dissolved in a solvent, it is evenly distributed, and will not settle out of it again under normal circumstances

a suspension = the medicine is in tiny particles that are suspended (like floating) in the liquid and will slowly settle out, you need to shake it to try to keep the particles distributed evenly but they will never be perfect

I said true solution because some people call things solutions that aren't really solutions. For example, a benzo in water is not a solution.

If you followed the dissolving and diluting directions from bob or builder or one of the other titration gurus, you have a real solution. :thumbsup:

Thank you lisa

You can pull them all from the same supply.

The easiest way to do multiple doses is pull the full day's dose and put it in a measuring cup.  Top up to 1 full cup with water, then drink 1/3 cup for each dose.  Eyeball is close enough.

I've actually been eyeballing lately with no trouble, but I do use a very dilute solution.

What is it that I am making a solution or a suspention,

When I desolve ativan in voka then add water?

[e3...]

This is a solution. 😊

This is a solution. 😊

:thumbsup:

Benzo + alcohol = solution.

Mixing in water dilutes it, but it stays in solution.

Alcohol plus water is considered a solution, though some chemists argue it's not a perfect solution. I have no idea what they're talking about because I only took one chemistry course in my life. I do know pharma companies do drug + alcohol + water to make solutions. That's what you're doing, too.

Thank you for all your help . This is my first liquid dose . I hope it goes well so nervous

You will do fine, crossing our fingers and wishing you luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀. Mary

Thank you for all your help . This is my first liquid dose . I hope it goes well so nervous

You will do fine, crossing our fingers and wishing you luck 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀. Mary

... Tech's Terrific Titration Taper Time.. X10

:)

Good Luck!☘️👍👍👍👍👍☘️

The important thing is to dare !

Conafetto- plenty of ppl use a scale to 3 decimal places. I use the one to 4 places bc I didn’t see any reason not to. Plus I am particularly sensitive to these meds and very much a whimp and anything I could do to potentially reduce my suffering, I wanted to do. I’m a very meticulous science/engineering/numbers  type, and it greatly reduced my anxiety to have a scale where all the numbers made sense. But that’s just me.

As far as a which scale to buy... as long as it goes to 4 decimal places and is covered on all sides, it’s good. I know some ppl buy on Amazon for approx $800. I could find out the brand if you’d like. Mine is a Sartorius directly from their site. HTH.

Conafetto- plenty of ppl use a scale to 3 decimal places. I use the one to 4 places bc I didn’t see any reason not to. Plus I am particularly sensitive to these meds and very much a whimp and anything I could do to potentially reduce my suffering, I wanted to do. I’m a very meticulous science/engineering/numbers  type, and it greatly reduced my anxiety to have a scale where all the numbers made sense. But that’s just me.

As far as a which scale to buy... as long as it goes to 4 decimal places and is covered on all sides, it’s good. I know some ppl buy on Amazon for approx $800. I could find out the brand if you’d like. Mine is a Sartorius directly from their site. HTH.

Thank you Libr

I looked online, couldn’t decide what would be a good scale.

I have one , a CJ 20 scale, measuring from 20g down to 0,001g but it keeps changing its mind about the number.

Will look at the Sartorius.

At this moment I am filing the remaining bit of a pill and check , recheck almost daily the eyeball measurement.