Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hello everyone and Happy Post-Easter.

I've been offline for a while now, focusing on staying well. I am happy to report that today I am celebrating my one-quarter milestone. I am officially at .125 mg and if all goes well I will be done in 125 more days.

Keep fighting and keep your eyes on the prize!  :thumbsup:

Peace

I've been offline for a while now, focusing on staying well. I am happy to report that today I am celebrating my one-quarter milestone. I am officially at .125 mg and if all goes well I will be done in 125 more days.

Peace

I am so happy for you Peaceflower!

You have stayed the course and soon you can call yourself BENZO FREE!

Happy Easter to you too!

Hi Bob,

I wanted to let you know that I have decided to go on the path of the dry cut daily micro taper.

Your liquid taper plan was the most clear and understandable plan of this kind I have seen.

Because I had some concerns I made my choice differently.

I do the cuts more based of my own eye measuring, use the scale only to confirm it.

It takes time and much patience to do the cuts.

Today the sixth day of it.

Your video on the website was inspiring, such patience, also the organization.

I got many medicine holding boxes, labeled them with the right quantity and made cuts now for a month.

I wonder if, like in your daily liquid taper plan, it is possible to keep the rhythm of 2 days on a dose without hold.

Because, from what I understand, this plan is based on continuity not on holds.

Thanks so much again

Conafetto

Happy Easter to you too!

Hi Bob,

I wanted to let you know that I have decided to go on the path of the dry cut daily micro taper.

Your liquid taper plan was the most clear and understandable plan of this kind I have seen.

I do the cuts more based of my own eye measuring, use the scale only to confirm it.

I got many medicine holding boxes, labeled them with the right quantity and made cuts now for a month.

I wonder if, like in your daily liquid taper plan, it is possible to keep the rhythm of 2 days on a dose without hold.

Thanks so much again

Conafetto

Hi Conafetto,

Yes, the continuity of a small, almost unnoticeable daily change seems to be what we want with any taper, dry or liquid.

Peaceflower just posted.  She has being doing the DDMT for many months now with success.

Best of luck to you.

Happy Easter to you too!

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much again

Conafetto

Hi Conafetto,

Yes, the continuity of a small, almost unnoticeable daily change seems to be what we want with any taper, dry or liquid.

Peaceflower just posted.  She has being doing the DDMT for many months now with success.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Bob,

I have read Peaceflower’s post.

new on this blog, don’t know people.

I read your blog, impressive.

So , in principle, no holds in this taper?

Happy Easter to you too!

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much again

Conafetto

Hi Conafetto,

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Bob,

When my dose was larger, I did a cut and hold using eyeball measurements and a scale. 

But when my dose got smaller, I started the daily taper and I never held.

I used Klonopin, you used Oxazepam.  According to Ashton, for you to follow the same pattern, you need to:

(1) Do your eyeball measurement/scale to cut and hold until you get down to 5 mg of Oxazepam.  Reduce very slowly.  Hold for weeks if you need to.

(2) When you reach 5 mg, then do a daily micro taper.  Reduce 0.04 mg of Oxazepam dose per day. 

Happy Easter to you too!

Hi Bob,

Thanks so much again

Conafetto

Hi Conafetto,

Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Bob,

When my dose was larger, I did a cut and hold using eyeball measurements and a scale. 

But when my dose got smaller, I started the daily taper and I never held.

I used Klonopin, you used Oxazepam.  According to Ashton, for you to follow the same pattern, you need to:

(1) Do your eyeball measurement/scale to cut and hold until you get down to 5 mg of Oxazepam.  Reduce very slowly.  Hold for weeks if you need to.

(2) When you reach 5 mg, then do a daily micro taper.  Reduce 0.04 mg of Oxazepam dose per day.

Bob, this is a bit confusing.

Do you think I shouldn’t do the daily taper right now?

I have a better feeling about it than about the holding system.

Never know how much to cut, how much to hold.

Lately the symptoms got worse with this cut/holds way.

That is why I went searching.

I understood the liquid taper would start now as well.

So would the micro daily taper.

I have not consulted the Ashton manual bc it is mostly about crossing over to Diazepam and that I definitely don’t want to do.

And the gradual taper seems to give less strong sxs, at least now, after 6 days.

Conafetto

Perhaps I am confused.

Are you planning to do the micro daily taper as I show on my website (with the microcrystalline Cellulose)?

Perhaps I am confused.

Are you planning to do the micro daily taper as I show on my website (with the microcrystalline Cellulose)?

Yes, in quantity, not by making my capsules but by cutting the almost invisible bits so as to lower each two days 0,01, or something like that, 1 unit in any case.

my numbers knowledge is ...

Using my eyes comparing sizes and scale to more or less confirm.

It is also a 400 days plan taper, like your liquid plan.

Perhaps I am confused.

Yes, in quantity, not by making my capsules but by cutting the almost invisible bits so as to lower each two days 0,01, or something like that, 1 unit in any case.

That sounds like a good solid plan

Perhaps I am confused.

It is a link I got , Jim Hawk Direct Taper plan.

filling in a form ,submit, getting a graphic of the taper plan.

Also the explanation.

His explanation of the liquid taper I couldn’t follow at all.

yours was, as I said, very clear, but I prefer to follow my old way, only gradually.

A combination of the liquid rate and this direct taper plan.

Perhaps I am confused.

That sounds like a good solid plan

That reassures me!

Thank you!!!

Peace

Thank you Bob! If it wasn't for you and this group I wouldn't be this far.

I checked out the under .125mg group and again got a little anxious. Are some of these members cutting more than .001mg per day?

Peace

Peace

I checked out the under .125mg group and again got a little anxious. Are some of these members cutting more than .001mg per day?

Peace

Yes they are for sure.

Try not to get too anxious because anxiety can also trigger symptoms.

Everybody’s different so there’s no reason why some of the stories will relate to you but I won’t kid you - you still got 125 days - but you have shown yourself up to the task and I know you’ll meet this challenge.

Hi all!

I wanted to drop a note and say thank you for the support last week.  It helped me through a really tough time.  Often times I know I need to hear truth and hope spoken back to me, when things feel hopeless. 

Things have indeed leveled out, the past few days have been fine, I'm continuing forward with my transition to all liquid.

:smitten:

Hi all!

I wanted to drop a note and say thank you for the support last week.  It helped me through a really tough time.  Often times I know I need to hear truth and hope spoken back to me, when things feel hopeless. 

Things have indeed leveled out, the past few days have been fine, I'm continuing forward with my transition to all liquid.

It’s nice to hear you’re in a window. I like when people come online and say they are in a window after a long wave from because it gives everyone hope in the middle of their wave.

Hi all!

It’s nice to hear you’re in a window. I like when people come online and say they are in a window after a long wave from because it gives everyone hope in the middle of their wave.

Thank you Bob. Wow, I just read and watched what you did to create your own capsules for your taper- that is absolutely incredible!  How incredibly resourceful.  It just goes to show that there is always a way off of these medications, you have to find what works for you, and listen to your body.  I hope that more manufacturers will either develop liquid versions of their benzo, or offer customized tapering strips.  I do believe I got very lucky when I found Roxane liquid diazepam because it has worked well enough for me- so far.

Peace

Peace

Hi Peace,

Please join us in the under .125 club.  Many of us are tapering more SLOWLY than you.  (I am going half of your pace).  We’re a small group who are getting closer to the end of our taper.  It’s a good place to share.

Circlestar

How many of you still have to hold while doing this method? 

I’ve had to hold quite a bit and I’m discouraged.  I know it’s best not to rush and listen to your body, which is what I’m doing.  I’ve tried slowing my rate down, as well.  But still have had to hold a fair bit.  And that kind of goes against the purpose of a daily micro taper. 

Anyone else find you need breaks from micro tapering?  Do you taper through terror and akathisia?  Those are the ones that make me hold.  Like does our brian just need a break sometimes to catch up?

So confused and frustrated.

Love to you all ❤️

Uni

Peace

Peace

Hi Peace,

Please join us in the under .125 club.  Many of us are tapering more SLOWLY than you.  (I am going half of your pace).  We’re a small group who are getting closer to the end of our taper.  It’s a good place to share.

Circlestar

Thank you Circlestar!

Yes, I will definately check the group. I've sorta formed an attachment to this group  :D

I get very caught up in my self-care quite a bit because I'm working full-time. I drop outta site periodically.

Peace

How many of you still have to hold while doing this method? 

I’ve had to hold quite a bit and I’m discouraged.  I know it’s best not to rush and listen to your body, which is what I’m doing.  I’ve tried slowing my rate down, as well.  But still have had to hold a fair bit.  And that kind of goes against the purpose of a daily micro taper. 

Anyone else find you need breaks from micro tapering?  Do you taper through terror and akathisia?  Those are the ones that make me hold.  Like does our brian just need a break sometimes to catch up?

So confused and frustrated.

Love to you all ❤️

Uni

Hi Uni!

I've had to hold at  least 3 times since starting my DMT. I'm doing the dry method. I could not tolerate liquid.

Are you doing partial liquid still? Are you doing both liquid and dry?

I'm a bit unclear from reading your signature.

Peace  :)

Hi Uni,

I think you should hold/slow down as you feel fit. Everyone is different so just listen to your body. Have you checked out the Long Hold Support Group? People there do long holds.

Personally, I push through and don't hold. I did do one hold for a month and it was the worst month of my taper. I started to feel better when I began to taper again.

The GOOD news: as I have gotten lower, tinnitus is GONE, brain fog is minimal and morning anxiety/chemical surges are pretty much finished. I have days I feel 90% normal. Waves are less and less. So things do get better at lower doses for some. I know others struggle. But I have just felt better and better as I get lower.

Hi Uni,

I think you should hold/slow down as you feel fit. Everyone is different so just listen to your body. Have you checked out the Long Hold Support Group? People there do long holds.

Personally, I push through and don't hold. I did do one hold for a month and it was the worst month of my taper. I started to feel better when I began to taper again.

The GOOD news: as I have gotten lower, tinnitus is GONE, brain fog is minimal and morning anxiety/chemical surges are pretty much finished. I have days I feel 90% normal. Waves are less and less. So things do get better at lower doses for some. I know others struggle. But I have just felt better and better as I get lower.

Hi Hope,

I read your good news, Tinitus gone and feeling better, less symptoms as you lower the dose.

Very glad for you, Thank you for the encouraging post!

I started also a while ago with a sound in my head/ ears.

it came and it went away.

Lowering the dose it came back stronger, with a kind of Morse alphabet in one ear and a constant sound in the other ear.

Also related to heightened symptoms, getting better when symptoms leave.

Since 11 days I started a dry micro taper.

After I started I felt better, the sounds gone.

Now they are back again.

Is this the Tinitus you are writing about , that stopped for you at a lower dose?

Conafetto

Cona -

Yes I had tinnitus - a ringing in my ears that was not pleasant and it did go away and now I never have it, even when in a wave (which are now less and less). Many symptoms left or lessened as I got lower in my dose doing the DLMT.

I bet you experience the same thing - as you get lower, symptoms will go away. We heal as we taper and I believe they left as I got lower because my brain is healing more and more.

You've got this!!  :thumbsup: