Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi Cona,

I haven't tried the Tapering Strips yet so I can't say if I will have a reaction to the brand but will let you know.  I didn't have a reaction when using the Rx liquid Valium (a different brand) so hoping it is the same with the Tapering Strips. If I can't handle the Strips brand, back to the liquid.

Perhaps you can ask Paul Harder if you can get a few tablets to make sure you react well to the switch before ordering them. When you know what speed you want to go at, you can tell them and they will customize the strips to that exact speed. I taper at .02mgs a day (Valium) and before that was going at .01mgs a day.

And you always have Bob7's liquid plan which will work great.

Either way, you will do great!  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much Hope!

So you are going to try the strips although you are pleased with the liquid taper?

I called Paul Harder three times now, I think his patience is short and my questions too frequent.

That is my wish  too, to taper at 0,01mgs a day, preferably dry cuts, bc I am used to that.

And I fail to understand how I can do that with the tapering strips that come in the quantity of 0,5 mgs.

I haven’t got Bob’s plan yet.

Hi Cona,

My liquid taper is going well. A lot of symptoms have vanished as I get lower in dose (at 1.58mgs V tonight). If the tapering strips don't work out, I will go back to the liquid taper. I never spoke to Paul Harder but I would find out if they can customize the strips to reduce by .01 a day.

I'm also confidant that Bob7's plan will work too so you have a plan either way.

Let us know what you decide to do! You will do great! It does get better!

Good morning Bob,

I have got some more info about the tapering strips.

As I wrote to SoberHope, my concern is about the different brand,  I did react negatively in the past to a different brand .

And the cuts are of 0,5 mg/ day so I need to understand what rhytm would be giving less symptoms.

He doesnt have much time to explain...

I think I will give it a try but if I have an adverse reaction I would want to have a look at your suggested liquid taper plan.

Thank you very much.

Reading your posts to others give me confidence too.

A good day to you

Conafetto

Here I am again...

I have postponed the decision about using Tapering strips.

So when you have time, I would be very interested to look at the liquid tapering plan.

What is your opinion about continuing to make the very small cuts, without using the scale,  from the oxazepam, Daily, holding 2, 3 days on a dose.

Instead of the 3-4 weeks hold when cutting 0,05 mg from the pills weight ( 10 mg active substance=  120 mg weight on the scale)

Thank you!!

Hi Cona,

My liquid taper is going well. A lot of symptoms have vanished as I get lower in dose (at 1.58mgs V tonight). If the tapering strips don't work out, I will go back to the liquid taper. I never spoke to Paul Harder but I would find out if they can customize the strips to reduce by .01 a day.

I'm also confidant that Bob7's plan will work too so you have a plan either way.

Let us know what you decide to do! You will do great! It does get better!

Your name is very well chosen!

You give me Hope.

I just wrote Bob, will wait for his plan.

Paul Harder made it very clear that they do not do lower cuts than the 0,5 mg

I am so glad you taper is smooth and the symptoms got better.

Safe journey further.

Many many thanks

Thanks Cona - I would ditch the Tapering Strips as they are too fast for you and do Bob's plan - he knows his stuff.

You will do great! I know it!

Thanks Cona - I would ditch the Tapering Strips as they are too fast for you and do Bob's plan - he knows his stuff.

Waiting hopefully, Hope

Thank you!

Conafetto,

I tapered at 0.001 mg per day for Klonopin.

Using the Ashton manual and comparing to your benzo, the equivalent rate for your benzo would be 0.04 mg per day. I suggest you do that or something slower.

How about we do 0.0315 mg per day so that you’ll be done in exactly 365 days which is one year?

Bob

Conafetto,

Using the Ashton manual and comparing to your benzo, the equivalent rate for your benzo would be 0.04 mg per day. I suggest you do that or something slower.

How about we do 0.0315 mg per day so that you’ll be done in exactly 365 days which is one year?

Bob

Bob,

I completely agree, it is more or less also what I had in mind.

But, there we go, what is the 0,0315 mg per day??

Conafetto

Conafetto,

Bob

Bob,

Conafetto

Is it the dose right under the 0,04 mg?

Waiting hopefully, Hope

Thank you!

. Remember this is Easter weekend and Bob may have family things going on, but it might take him longer than normal.  He will answer you, so don't get worried.  Remember he could be doing other things.  ❤️♥️💜

Waiting hopefully, Hope

Thank you!

. Remember this is Easter weekend and Bob may have family things going on, but it might take him longer than normal.  He will answer you, so don't get worried.  Remember he could be doing other things.  ❤️♥️💜

Oh, I grab this piece of hope with all my hands! :)

Thank you for reminding me Mary!

He wrote, I will train my patience

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🙏🏻

Conafetto,

Bob

Bob,

Conafetto

0,0135mg is exactly 0,0135mg.  I will make it that way in the taper schedule.  I am working on it now.

Do you know how to use a syringe? 

After you mix your benzo in milk, you will need to remove some of the mixture to throw away.  Syringes are a good way to do it.

Look at this example of a syringe (no needle type)...

https://www.amazon.com/1ml-Syringes-Without-Caps-Pack/dp/B07G76Z5CJ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=oral+syringe+1ml&qid=1555684176&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Conafetto,

Here is a better syringe for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Carejoy-Indutrial-Syringes-Scientific-Injecting/dp/B07DXS7ZTV/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=oral+syringe+100ml&qid=1555684494&s=gateway&sr=8-3

You might need this syringe and the smaller ones I sent in my last post.

Not sure yet on the syringe size.  I am still working the math but in the meantime, look at these syringes.  You will use them to remove some of your milk/benzo mixture to throw away each day.

Conafetto,

Bob

Bob,

Conafetto

0,0135mg is exactly 0,0135mg.  I will make it that way in the taper schedule.  I am working on it now.

Do you know how to use a syringe? 

After you mix your benzo in milk, you will need to remove some of the mixture to throw away.  Syringes are a good way to do it.

Look at this example of a syringe (no needle type)...

https://www.amazon.com/1ml-Syringes-Without-Caps-Pack/dp/B07G76Z5CJ/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=oral+syringe+1ml&qid=1555684176&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Bob, thank you so very much for taking the time and head breaking to help me.

I know how to use a syringe, never did it for myself.

Should I order the package showed in the link you sent or get a similar one from the pharmacy?

Since I have no idea about the steps of preparing or using numbers for the liquid taper, I will need to bother you with questions.

I will wait after Easter though!

Conafetto,

Here is a better syringe for you.

https://www.amazon.com/Carejoy-Indutrial-Syringes-Scientific-Injecting/dp/B07DXS7ZTV/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=oral+syringe+100ml&qid=1555684494&s=gateway&sr=8-3

You might need this syringe and the smaller ones I sent in my last post.

Not sure yet on the syringe size.  I am still working the math but in the meantime, look at these syringes.  You will use them to remove some of your milk/benzo mixture to throw away each day.

“ This item doesn’t ship to the Netherlands “

I know you have not worked with milk but do you think goat milk would be OK?

I checked the amount of alcohol you mentioned, 3 ml.

That would be like 3times 4 drops.

In normal situation I probably could have it but with the exacerbated anxiety I have now for alcohol I think it would  be too much.

Conafetto,

Easter for me is to recognize Jesus Christ.  I think Jesus would rather me help you than worry about Easter celebrations. ;)

So we can work on your situation now.

Don't order anything yet.

The math is complicated so I am not sure what size syringe you need.  So don't order anything yet.

In fact, perhaps we can use things you already have.

Questions:

What size (in mL) measuring cups to you have?

What size (in mL) measuring spoons do you have?

Conafetto,

Easter for me is to recognize Jesus Christ.  I think Jesus would rather me help you than worry about Easter celebrations. ;)

The math is complicated so I am not sure what size syringe you need.  So don't order anything yet.

Questions:

This the best answer :)

Bob, I never measure anything, not even in the kitchen.

I would need to get it all new.

I am deeply grateful to you

Conafetto,

Questions:

Ok, since you need to buy everything new, I will select sizes to try and make the measurements easy for you.

However, I have to say, I now understand why Paul Harder said he would only do 0,5 mg per day.  The measurements get difficult (very small changes) at lower rates. 

To make this possible for you, you will need to get two syringe types.  One large and one small.

I will explain in the next post after I finish the math.

Conafetto,

Questions:

Ok, since you need to buy everything new, I will select sizes to try and make the measurements easy for you.

However, I have to say, I now understand why Paul Harder said he would only do 0,5 mg per day.  The measurements get difficult (very small changes) at lower rates. 

To make this possible for you, you will need to get two syringe types.  One large and one small.

Ok, I will get everything necessary.

Conafetto,

Questions:

Ok, I will get everything necessary.

I want to let you finish but the thing is

I wouldn’t want you to do so much work and me not using it bc it is too difficult.

Do you think I will understand the math??

Don't worry about that.

I am happy to help - even if you don't use it, other reading our posts might get some help.

Thank you wonderful person🙏🏻

I am almost done with the math.

Instead of being done in exactly 1 year (365), it would be less confusing to you if I made it a 400 day taper.  So instead of tapering 0.0315 mg per day, you taper slower at 0.02875 mg per day.

While 400 days is a slower taper, it is less confusing to you because using 400 days, each day is exactly 1 mL change in the syringe.

You will see what I mean in my next post.

I am almost done with the math.

Instead of being done in exactly 1 year (365), it would be less confusing to you if I made it a 400 day taper.  So instead of tapering 0.0315 mg per day, you taper slower at 0.02875 mg per day.

While 400 days is a slower taper, it is less confusing to you because using 400 days, each day is exactly 1 mL change in the syringe.

You will see what I mean in my next post.

Time is not an issue as long as I am moving forward.

Will there be holds, in case it goes still too fast or at this pace it should be ok?

Who can tell...

Conafetto,

Here is how to taper 0.02875 mg per day to reach zero benzo in 400 days.

You need to buy three things:

(1) A large syringe (100 to 300 mL would be best)

(2) A tiny syringe (1 mL size)

(3) A 1000 mL measuring cup

Each day, do this:

(1) Put 2 of your 10mg tablets in a 1000 mL measuring cup (if desired, you could crush them with a spoon).

(2) Add enough whole milk to fill to 700 mL

(3) Stir to dissolve

(4) Use syringes to remove some of the mixture and throw it away (see the table below)

(5) Drink the remaining mixture (part for your 6pm dose and the rest at 11pm).

(6) Make sure to swirl some water into the empty measuring cup and drink the water (in case some benzo/milk is stuck to the sides of the cup).

Table:  Here is how much to remove (use syringes) each day:

day 1 throw away 300 mL

day 2 throw away 301 mL

day 3 throw away 302 mL

day 4 throw away 303 mL

day 5 throw away 304 mL

Do you see the pattern?  Each day you remove one more mL.

Continue this for a total of 400 days and you are at zero

You can hold by just repeating the same day as long as you want.

Bob