Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Conafetto,

Would you like me to type you up some simple instructions to liquid taper off one of your 10 mg pills. If so tell me how many months you want to taper to last.

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I think it should be a slow taper, I don t know how many months it should take.

I understood the suggested amount off would be of 0,001/ day

Conafetto,

Would you like me to type you up some simple instructions to liquid taper off one of your 10 mg pills. If so tell me how many months you want to taper to last.

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I will work on it this afternoon and send you something-probably be a couple of hours-the local time here in Missouri USA is 3:15 PM. Not sure what time zone you’re in.

Here, the Netherlands, it is 10.17pm

Thank you so much!!

I really hope I will understand it.

Conafetto - I ordered Tapering Strips from the Netherlands. Perhaps that is an option that could work for you. You can have them compound the medication into any dose you want.

I am using them to go from 1mg to 0 of Valium.

Here is the link:

https://www.taperingstrip.org/taperingstrips/

Right now I am tapering with Rx Liquid Valium which is very easy - Builder gave me all the info I needed.

Hope you figure it out!

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

For me, 0.001 mg per day was a good Taper rate. But I was on Klonopin. Your benzo has a different equivalent. I need to go consult with the Ashton manual to see the equivalence for your taper rate.

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I know you can do this Cona.  You are so smart, very few of us could play 🎶 music.  Bob will get you through this.  I use milk, it has to be 100% whole fat milk.  Never had any issues, lots of people use it.  Actually when I started, milk was being recommended more often than alcohol.  We're here for you ♥️

Thank you Bob, Cona is part of our group.  You're the best! Mary ♥️

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I know you can do this Cona.  You are so smart, very few of us could play 🎶 music.  Bob will get you through this.  I use milk, it has to be 100% whole fat milk.  Never had any issues, lots of people use it.  Actually when I started, milk was being recommended more often than alcohol.  We're here for you ♥️

Thank you Mary for chiming in-I trust you and your comments about using whole milk gives me the confidence to make the calculations for her using milk instead of alcohol.

Her benzo is not as popular as others so I want to spend some time reading about it before I make a taper schedule.

Conafetto - I ordered Tapering Strips from the Netherlands. Perhaps that is an option that could work for you. You can have them compound the medication into any dose you want.

I am using them to go from 1mg to 0 of Valium.

Here is the link:

https://www.taperingstrip.org/taperingstrips/

Right now I am tapering with Rx Liquid Valium which is very easy - Builder gave me all the info I needed.

Hope you figure it out!

Oh, thank you so much, are you Hope, that comes from time ti tome to visit BG’ s blog?

I wonder if they do it with oxazepam too.

I asked once the pharmacy, they did not, will look at the link.

Hi Cona -

Yep that's me from BG's blog.

They do make tapering strips from oxazepam - i had a friend who used them with great success and I ordered some to take me from 1mg V to 0.

And they are made in your country. Could be the easiest option for you instead of liquid and making solutions.

Conafetto,

I want to make this as simple for you as possible.

I also want you to be confident it is effective for you even with milk.

To that end, why don't we try holding you at 11.5 mg while introducing the milk method at the same time.

Follow these steps:

(1) Put 2 of your 10mg tablets in a 200 mL measuring cup (if desired, you could crush them with a spoon).

(2) Add 200 mL of whole milk

(3) Stir to dissolve

(4) Remove 85 mL of the mixture (throw it away)

(5) Drink the remaining 115 mL of mixture (part for your 6pm dose and the rest at 11pm).

(6) Make sure to swirl some water into the empty measuring cup and drink the water (in case some benzo/milk is stuck to the sides of the cup).

Do this for one or two weeks to make sure we have a stable process (e.g. test your symptoms).  Then contact me and I will do the math to create a taper schedule for you.

Bob

Hi Cona -

Yep that's me from BG's blog.

They do make tapering strips from oxazepam - i had a friend who used them with great success and I ordered some to take me from 1mg V to 0.

And they are made in your country. Could be the easiest option for you instead of liquid and making solutions.

The tapering strips sound like a real good idea.  Perhaps better than the idea I just sent.

It is your call Conafetto.

Cona -

I think Bob7's info is great and the tapering strips can work too - it's your choice.

I ordered the tapering strips when I started my taper, before I knew about liquid Rx Valium...I would probably just do the liquid now but since I have the tapering strips to go from 1mg to 0, I am going to use them...they come in plastic pouches for each day so it makes dosing very easy and they can reduce at a level you want.

Bob7 - you're awesome to be so helpful to people!

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

Thank you Mary for chiming in-I trust you and your comments about using whole milk gives me the confidence to make the calculations for her using milk instead of alcohol.

Her benzo is not as popular as others so I want to spend some time reading about it before I make a taper schedule.

Mary, Bob,

Cannot thank you enough!!!

It was a very difficult day, you both, and BG, helped me through it.

Very very grateful, hopeful!

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

Mary, Bob,

Bob, I have got a post from SoberHope about tapering strips that I can order in my country.

They do have the strips also in oxazepam.

What is your opinion about it?

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

Mary, Bob,

Bob, I have got a post from SoberHope about tapering strips that I can order in my country.

I personally like the idea of tapering strips.  They remind me of the method I used (in my website).  The benefit is you have each dose pre-measured, convenient and also good for travel.  The negative might be cost and it apparently you need a prescription from your doctor. 

Cona -

I think Bob7's info is great and the tapering strips can work too - it's your choice.

I ordered the tapering strips when I started my taper, before I knew about liquid Rx Valium...I would probably just do the liquid now but since I have the tapering strips to go from 1mg to 0, I am going to use them...they come in plastic pouches for each day so it makes dosing very easy and they can reduce at a level you want.

Bob7 - you're awesome to be so helpful to people!

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I appreciate you too SoberH :thumbsup::smitten:

I see in your signature you also suffer from broken sleep.

I have found taking zinc, Vitamin B complex, and Magnesium Glycinate 30 minutes before bed really helps my sleep.  I only take about 20% of the RDA for each of these supplements.  When I wake up after 3 hours, I take them again.  My sleep is better by doing all this.  The body needs these things to convert Gluamate to GABA. 

Some of us have a condition which makes us low in B Vitamins.  There is a simple test to see if you have the condition.  People low in B vitamins do not remember dreams very well.  Hence:

(1) Ask yourself "do you remember your dreams"?

(2) Take about 1/3 of a good Vitamin B complex 30 minutes before bed (get about 20 or 30% of the RDA - do NOT go crazy and take mega doses - that would hurt sleep for other reasons). 

(3) With a low dose of B vitamins, do you now remember your dreams more?

Thanks for this info Bob7, you have helped so many people on here  :thumbsup: - my sleep has gotten a little better as I get lower in dose, but i will try this for sure. I do remember my dreams always. I take Magnesium G but will get some zinc and Vit B and try this combo.

I only took Valium to sleep, never during the day. So sleep is my issue. I took it for a long time though, 13.5 months and a big dose, 10mgs. I never reached tolerance but knew I had to come off so started tapering...at 1.62mgs now from 10mgs...getting there!

Cona, the Tapering Strips were easy to order and I live in the US. My doctor signed and stamped the form and they shipped them to me. They are not cheap though. If there weren't so pricey, I would have ordered them for the whole taper.

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

Mary, Bob,

I personally like the idea of tapering strips.  They remind me of the method I used (in my website).  The benefit is you have each dose pre-measured, convenient and also good for travel.  The negative might be cost and it apparently you need a prescription from your doctor.

Bob, I will call tomorrow and inquire about some more details about the taper strips.

I understand it is a lot of work for you to figure out the oxazepam liquid taper.

If it is not too much trouble I would want to have also the option of liquid taper.

It depends also on the GP or psychiatrist to send the prescription.

That I can find out only after Easter probably.

Many thanks for the trouble you take to help me.

Good day to you, I am going to try some sleep.

Thanks for this info Bob7, you have helped so many people on here  :thumbsup: - my sleep has gotten a little better as I get lower in dose, but i will try this for sure. I do remember my dreams always. I take Magnesium G but will get some zinc and Vit B and try this combo.

I only took Valium to sleep, never during the day. So sleep is my issue. I took it for a long time though, 13.5 months and a big dose, 10mgs. I never reached tolerance but knew I had to come off so started tapering...at 1.62mgs now from 10mgs...getting there!

Cona, the Tapering Strips were easy to order and I live in the US. My doctor signed and stamped the form and they shipped them to me. They are not cheap though. If there weren't so pricey, I would have ordered them for the whole taper.

SoberHope, or Hope, I am so happy with all the help and support.

It has cleared up today bad sxs.

Thank you for the link!

They say the insurance pays for it, I need to see about it.

I was surprised to find tapering strips also in oxazepam.

Pharmacy had had bever heard of it when I asked them a while ago

Their taper rhytm might be too fast, I probably need more than one.

Will see.

An as good as possible day for you

And night as well!

Happy to help Cona - also they will customize the tapering strips to go at a speed you choose so you can dictate exactly how fast you want to go.  :thumbsup:

Hi fellow brave warriors,

I'm calling on you all for some support tonight.  I'm currently at 3.75 mg of Valium, (down from 11 mg), and I'm making the switch over to liquid.  So far I have 1.75 mg liquified, and I'm holding between each 1mg I liquify to stabilize.  Up until now, I haven't had much trouble trading out tablet to liquid, (I've been doing this for my entire taper, 1 mg at a time and leaving the rest in tablet form), but I've made the decision to move to all liquid because I'm so low, and because the manufacturer of my tablet has stopped making it.  Truthfully I just want to be on all liquid and get the transitions over with and continue with my daily microtaper.  Anyhow, it's been 9 days since I made the last 1mg switch over and I've been feeling pretty crappy for the past 3 days with a window this morning which shut on me fast and furious after lunch today. 

I could really use the support and encouragement... I'm scared that it's going to be this hard or harder as I transition to all liquid and complete the rest of my taper.  :(  I've been doing so well with just a few blips up until now... I'm scared.

CandiceJM : hang in there  - your body will adjust to the liquid soon and you will be good to go. Also, once I got below 2mgs, things got much better for me - so many s/x vanished: tinnitus (rarely have it), morning anxiety surges (gone) and just in general more windows - some days I am at 90%. I know you aren't there yet but you will be soon and it really got better for me.

I have been able to run again on the treadmill and lift weights and just get more done. The best helpers in my taper have been exercise and getting out into the real world as much as possible...better than any supplement or vitamin.

You got this Candice!

:thumbsup:

CandiceJM,

You are justified in your concerns. When the waves come many of us wonder and worry about several things including will it ever end or is it really withdrawl or something more serious. These things are scary and while they are happening our anxiety levels go way up wondering when or if it will ever end.

But I assure you it will end.  The wave will go away and go back to a window.

You’ve done a good job getting this far.

Exercise and good sleep help.

I read that you started the benzo’s for sleep. Did you see my post from earlier today on this same thread about how the body needs to convert glutamate to GABA in order to help with sleep.  Learning this relationship and helping it by taking zinc and B complex before bed has really help me.    Got to be careful not to take too much the B complex or it will backfire on you and keep you wired. But a small amount of B complex and a small amount of zinc is needed so the body can convert glutamate into GABA.

I wish you the best of luck.

Happy to help Cona - also they will customize the tapering strips to go at a speed you choose so you can dictate exactly how fast you want to go.  :thumbsup:

Good morning Hope, I have a question, I talked to Paul Harder, the one who makes the tapering strips.

I am sensitive to the brand, his is another brand than the one I take.

Was it the same with Valium you took?

the strips are lowering 0,5 mg / day.

That is too fast for me, I need to understand how I go to a speed that I can handle.

We try it first with the remaining small dose.

I m hopefull but... we ll see.

A good day to you

Thanks again!

Good morning Bob,

I have got some more info about the tapering strips.

As I wrote to SoberHope, my concern is about the different brand,  I did react negatively in the past to a different brand .

And the cuts are of 0,5 mg/ day so I need to understand what rhytm would be giving less symptoms.

He doesnt have much time to explain...

I think I will give it a try but if I have an adverse reaction I would want to have a look at your suggested liquid taper plan.

Thank you very much.

Reading your posts to others give me confidence too.

A good day to you

Conafetto

Hi Cona,

I haven't tried the Tapering Strips yet so I can't say if I will have a reaction to the brand but will let you know.  I didn't have a reaction when using the Rx liquid Valium (a different brand) so hoping it is the same with the Tapering Strips. If I can't handle the Strips brand, back to the liquid.

Perhaps you can ask Paul Harder if you can get a few tablets to make sure you react well to the switch before ordering them. When you know what speed you want to go at, you can tell them and they will customize the strips to that exact speed. I taper at .02mgs a day (Valium) and before that was going at .01mgs a day.

And you always have Bob7's liquid plan which will work great.

Either way, you will do great!  :thumbsup: