Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks builder. This is sounding better & better, as long as I tolerate switching to liquid when my time comes. Aren’t you supposed to do like a week of liquid, without tapering, just dissolving tablets to see if one can tolerate liquid before totally jumping into a long term liquid taper plan? Thanks again

You'll be taking the same medicine, from the same batch of pills.  And it will already be liquid when it gets to your stomach, instead of 30 seconds later.  Its no different than swallowing a tablet and chasing with a glass of water.

Nothing is changed.  What is there to "tolerate"  ??

Thanks builder. This is sounding better & better, as long as I tolerate switching to liquid when my time comes. Aren’t you supposed to do like a week of liquid, without tapering, just dissolving tablets to see if one can tolerate liquid before totally jumping into a long term liquid taper plan? Thanks again

You'll be taking the same medicine, from the same batch of pills.  And it will already be liquid when it gets to your stomach, instead of 30 seconds later.  Its no different than swallowing a tablet and chasing with a glass of water.

I was advised by tntd & I believe a long time ago, by gardener, also, that one must do a week or two trial of ones pills in liquid without cutting, first, just taking them in liquid form to make sure one tolerates taking their benzo in liquid form. I don’t know exactly why, I presume it would have to do with metabolism, just like switching generics throws some people way out of whack, either into withdrawal or feeling bad otherwise. I really don’t know.

I was advised by tntd & I believe a long time ago, by gardener, also, that one must do a week or two trial of ones pills in liquid without cutting, first, just taking them in liquid form to make sure one tolerates taking their benzo in liquid form. I don’t know exactly why, I presume it would have to do with metabolism, just like switching generics throws some people way out of whack, either into withdrawal or feeling bad otherwise. I really don’t know.

scardie, I probably said that some people hold for a week if they're nervous about the switch (which I have been because a change in routine makes me nervous) but I don't believe I ever told anyone they must do anything.

I have read a lot on this forum about tapering and the different methods.  Also have followed peoples results after some time with different methods.  Hands down I see more success and the least amount of symptoms when I read about daily micro tapering.

Im talking about Liquid Titration and Daily Micro Cutting with a Gram Scale. 

It seems to be the way to go.  The theory is that when you cut a very small amount each day, you give your body a chance to adjust on a daily basis, instead of sending your body and mind into shock every 2 weeks. 

Example:  Say you are taking a 1mg pill a day. You want to taper at a rate of 10% or 0.1 mg every 2 weeks.  Instead of reducing 10% or 0.1mg every 14 days.  You simple reduce at a rate of 0.714% or 0.007 mg a day. 

In the example, you are reducing at the same rate but just taking a cut everyday. 

I guess I want the discussion opened to talk about the advantages of this method over the cut and hold.

***Please note:  I have nothing against cut and hold, it definitely works for a lot of people.  The Ashton Manual and this forum is the reason I have made it this far.***

Stay strong!

sharkey

This is a valuable thread.  I'll add some stuff soon.

Hi builder,

I wrote you a while ago a pm.

The question was about the oxazepam pill I am tapering.

I arrived from 40 mg in 4 doses/ day , started in Sept 2017 to 11,5 mg in 2 doses/ day.

At this point, after having continuously tapered even through the very difficult time of taking care of and losing my mother, I am in great need of advice about how to taper further.

I have been sent a few links by a wonderful buddie here.

The problem is that I am not good at understanding amounts , so whatever I read is not clear to me.

The scale I use is supposed to measure 0,001g but it keeps changing the result.

I would want to try a micro daily taper but don’t know how to make exact cuts.

Can you, please, advice me?

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

I have read a lot on this forum about tapering and the different methods.  Also have followed peoples results after some time with different methods.  Hands down I see more success and the least amount of symptoms when I read about daily micro tapering.

It seems to be the way to go.  The theory is that when you cut a very small amount each day, you give your body a chance to adjust on a daily basis, instead of sending your body and mind into shock every 2 weeks. 

Example:  Say you are taking a 1mg pill a day. You want to taper at a rate of 10% or 0.1 mg every 2 weeks.  Instead of reducing 10% or 0.1mg every 14 days.  You simple reduce at a rate of 0.714% or 0.007 mg a day. 

In the example, you are reducing at the same rate but just taking a cut everyday. 

I guess I want the discussion opened to talk about the advantages of this method over the cut and hold.

***Please note:  I have nothing against cut and hold, it definitely works for a lot of people.  The Ashton Manual and this forum is the reason I have made it this far.***

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

I arrived from 40 mg in 4 doses/ day , started in Sept 2017 to 11,5 mg in 2 doses/ day.

At this point, after having continuously tapered even through the very difficult time of taking care of and losing my mother, I am in great need of advice about how to taper further.

The problem is that I am not good at understanding amounts , so whatever I read is not clear to me.

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

All scales have trouble getting a repeatable measurement when you get down to .001 g. To dilute this repeatability problem, I added microcrystalline filler to my crunched up benzo and then repackaged it into pills, each pill being a slightly smaller dose for my taper.

If you’re interested in this method, see the link in my signature.

This method is good because you can make pills in advance-  like a whole months worth- which are easy to travel with. However,  many people prefer a liquid taper. The choice is yours.

Bob

Bob

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

All scales have trouble getting a repeatable measurement when you get down to .001 g. To dilute this repeatability problem, I added microcrystalline filler to my crunched up benzo and then repackaged it into pills, each pill being a slightly smaller dose for my taper.

This method is good because you can make pills in advance-  like a whole months worth- which are easy to travel with. However,  many people prefer a liquid taper. The choice is yours.

Bob

Bob

Bob, I thank you so much for your rapid answer.

I live in Europe, many terms or substances used in the US are unknown here.

Nobody seems to know a thing about liquid taper, not the pharmacy nor my GP or psychiatrist.

So I am quite afraid of doing a thing so unknown here.

Also no idea what the microcrystalline fiber is and if I can get it here.

I would very much want to understand the method, if my musician brain gets it.

Cona

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

Bob

Bob

Nobody seems to know a thing about liquid taper, not the pharmacy nor my GP or psychiatrist.

Cona

Bob, you still there?

Do you know if liquid taper is applying to Oxazepam?

When you go to the links in my website it gives you a suggestion of where to buy all the equipment from Amazon-I guess the first step would be will Amazon deliver to you?

When you go to the links in my website it gives you a suggestion of where to buy all the equipment from Amazon-I guess the first step would be will Amazon deliver to you?

It was announced the product is not being delivered in my country.

I keep googling it, cannot find it here.

Looking at your very clear explanation, video , worksheets, I am afraid I wouldn’t be able to get it.

At a loss at how to do it all!?

My psychiatrist is against using a scale, she knows the amounts are not exact.

And nobody knows anything about liquid taper.

It was announced the product is not being delivered in my country.

I keep googling it, cannot find it here.

Looking at your very clear explanation, video , worksheets, I am afraid I wouldn’t be able to get it.

At a loss at how to do it all!?

Do you know anything about the Oxazepam?

Or anyone knowing of how to taper the resting amount?

My GP says that with this kind of benzo I can just quit it all at once.

I wouldn’t dare!

Liquid taper is actually pretty simple.

Assuming you’re taking a benzo it will dissolve in alcohol.

How many milligrams are you currently taking and how fast -  How many months - would you like to reach zero?

Liquid taper is actually pretty simple.

Assuming you’re taking a benzo it will dissolve in alcohol.

How many milligrams are you currently taking and how fast -  How many months - would you like to reach zero?

I understood that liquid taper can be done also with milk.

Cannot stand not even a drop of alcohol.

I don’t know if oxazepam will dissolve in milk.

Since not many people use it and the liquid taper method isn’t practiced here, how could I get the info?

Google doesn’t seem to present it.

I am currently at 11,5 mg, have not a set time limit.

Just want less symptoms if possible.

I am working, as a classical music performer, at this point giving concerts, even if they go well, are very tiring and shake the balance quite terribly.

Being bad with math I am afraid I won’t get the numbers right.

If you don’t even want 1 mL of alcohol this is going to be tricky. Are you sure you wouldn’t be willing to drink two or 3 mL of alcohol per day in order to do a good taper? 

You say you’re at 11.5 mg.  How many milligrams are in each of your pills?  How many pills do you need to take per day to get 11.5 mg?

Do you take your pills all at once or at different times during the day and what is the timing?

Cona, My psychiatrist in the USA knew nothing about liquid tapering either. I taught him from what I learned on this forum. I was lucky he had an open mind and was anti-benzo.

You don't need to have your psychiatrist's help to do this. If she doesn't like the idea, you don't have to tell her. Just get the scripts from her. My helpful psychiatrist is long gone.  My family doctor prescribes for me now. I see him as a person to give me scripts, nothing more. My taper is in my hands.

Liquid tapering can be done just about anywhere in the world if you are willing to drink a tiny amount of alcohol. I am a non-drinker. I never noticed any effect of tapering with alcohol. 80 proof vodka is cheap and easy to get. I think it is also more reliable than milk. Also, you don't need to refrigerate it or worry about it spoiling as you do with milk.

Liquid tapering is simply:

1. Dissolve the drug in alcohol to make a solution. Solution = evenly distributed medication that will not settle out.

2. Add water to dilute the solution to make it easier to measure very small amounts.

3. Measure your dose and drink it.

Alternately, you can dissolve in propylene glycol (and add water) or all milk. I don't know if you can get PG where you are. If you want to use milk, be sure it is full fat and homogenized. I believe tntd (on the Long Hold thread) uses some kind of milk. But she is on klonopin.

I would still lean toward seeing if you can drink 3ml of vodka. Just mix some in some juice or something and take a few sips to see what happens. You may find there is no effect.

I'm sure you'll find a method that works. :thumbsup:

bob per your sig, you say you take your zinc before bed, is there a reason for this? i also take zinc, 50 mg every other day, and magnesium lysinate glycinate 100mg 3x daily for anxiety help. the zinc for help w/healing.

love to know if there's a more efficient way or timing to take my supplements!

thx in advance

Cona, My psychiatrist in the USA knew nothing about liquid tapering either. I taught him from what I learned on this forum. I was lucky he had an open mind and was anti-benzo.

You don't need to have your psychiatrist's help to do this. If she doesn't like the idea, you don't have to tell her. Just get the scripts from her. My helpful psychiatrist is long gone.  My family doctor prescribes for me now. I see him as a person to give me scripts, nothing more. My taper is in my hands.

Liquid tapering can be done just about anywhere in the world if you are willing to drink a tiny amount of alcohol. I am a non-drinker. I never noticed any effect of tapering with alcohol. 80 proof vodka is cheap and easy to get. I think it is also more reliable than milk. Also, you don't need to refrigerate it or worry about it spoiling as you do with milk.

Liquid tapering is simply:

1. Dissolve the drug in alcohol to make a solution. Solution = evenly distributed medication that will not settle out.

2. Add water to dilute the solution to make it easier to measure very small amounts.

3. Measure your dose and drink it.

Alternately, you can dissolve in propylene glycol (and add water) or all milk. I don't know if you can get PG where you are. If you want to use milk, be sure it is full fat and homogenized. I believe tntd (on the Long Hold thread) uses some kind of milk. But she is on klonopin.

I would still lean toward seeing if you can drink 3ml of vodka. Just mix some in some juice or something and take a few sips to see what happens. You may find there is no effect.

I'm sure you'll find a method that works. :thumbsup:

When you see the actual amount of alcohol it is, it is just a tiny bit.  Most things, like cough syrup you get at drugstore has way more than your mixture will have, and as Gardie said, it will be a lot easier to travel with.  :)

If you don’t even want 1 mL of alcohol this is going to be tricky. Are you sure you wouldn’t be willing to drink two or 3 mL of alcohol per day in order to do a good taper? 

You say you’re at 11.5 mg.  How many milligrams are in each of your pills?  How many pills do you need to take per day to get 11.5 mg?

Do you take your pills all at once or at different times during the day and what is the timing?

The oxazepam is a 10 mg pill with a dividing stripe at the middle.

I take the 0,18 mg out of the pill’s weight ( a 10 mg pill weighs 120mg) at 6 pm and the full 10 mg pill at 11 pm.

This is how I tapered from the 4 pills of 10 mg I was taking/ day.

I ended each dose .

I don’t miss any of the the doses during the day, I am much more clear .

The problem is that I sense strongly and negatively even one drop of alcohol.

Always did.

Mary, from Begood blog where I post, she told me about you .

She lets the Valium dissolve in fat milk.

No info whatsoever about Oxazepam being soluble in anything.

I will never do a crossover to Valium...sorry!

bob per your sig, you say you take your zinc before bed, is there a reason for this? i also take zinc, 50 mg every other day, and magnesium lysinate glycinate 100mg 3x daily for anxiety help. the zinc for help w/healing.

love to know if there's a more efficient way or timing to take my supplements!

thx in advance

Yes there’s a very good reason taking before bed.

By taking zinc with a B complex before bed I sleep better.  I only take about 20% of the recommended daily allowance for each of these by breaking up the pills.

The science behind it is as follows. You need zinc and B vitamins to convert glutamate into GABA.  You need to reduce glutamate and increase GABA in order to sleep.

Like I say I only take about 20% of the recommended daily allowance of each of these supplements before bed. I will repeat it if I to wake up like in 3 hours.  It takes about 30 minutes to feel the effect-it also helps to take magnesium Glycinate.

My biggest problem is sleep so I feel like this is really helping.

Bob

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

Bob

Bob

Cona

Bob, you still there?

I looked it up-it is a benzo-so yes it will apply-alcohol will dissolve it.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

Bob

Bob

Cona

Bob, you still there?

Wow! where did you find the info??

will it then also dissolve in milk?

I am so afraid of experimenting with a substance, alcohol, I have always adverse reactions to!

Conafetto,

Would you like me to type you up some simple instructions to liquid taper off one of your 10 mg pills. If so tell me how many months you want to taper to last.

Bob

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi builder,

Thank you very much,

Conafetto

Bob

Bob

Cona

Bob, you still there?

Wow! where did you find the info??

will it then also dissolve in milk?

I am so afraid of experimenting with a substance, alcohol, I have always adverse reactions to!

Sorry for bombarding you with posts!

I thank you a lot for your giving thoughts and ideas for my situation!

Conafetto,

Would you like me to type you up some simple instructions to liquid taper off one of your 10 mg pills. If so tell me how many months you want to taper to last.

Bob

The idea of using milk is controversial.

It appears to work for some people and so perhaps you should try it if it works with you continue doing it.

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I think it should be a slow taper, I don t know how many months it should take.

Conafetto,

Bob

Yes, please do!!

I think it should be a slow taper, I don t know how many months it should take.

I will work on it this afternoon and send you something-probably be a couple of hours-the local time here in Missouri USA is 3:15 PM. Not sure what time zone you’re in.

• Please Donate

Donations help fund our recurring webhosting and software licencing fees, and will aid the development of new withdrawal and taper utilities for our members.

pixel.gif
  • Popular Now