Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

CRAP!!! I've been reducing by .5!!! My syringe is 5 mL and doesn't have .05 and I got confused. I'll stop and hold and see what happens!! UGH!! Why does this have to be so complicated?? 

-LC

Just get a 1ml syringe.  .05ml is very easy to read on a 1ml syringe.

[d9...]
I know there aren't many people doing a dry taper here but can someone please help me figure out what a 5% monthly cut would be? I am taking 2.5 mg's total of Klonopin in 5 .5 mg pills. One .5 mg pill weighs .171 grams on my scale and I don't know how much to cut in order to get 5% a month reduction of my daily dose. I just spoke to someone who said to cut in .004 increments every 3 days and I think that's right but my benzo brain is awful and I'm terrible at math with a functional brain.

I know there aren't many people doing a dry taper here but can someone please help me figure out what a 5% monthly cut would be? I am taking 2.5 mg's total of Klonopin in 5 .5 mg pills. One .5 mg pill weighs .171 grams on my scale and I don't know how much to cut in order to get 5% a month reduction of my daily dose.

I dry cut a different med a long time ago. I don't know if this makes sense or not, but I just went by what the tablet weighed times 5%.

I would take the total weight of all the tablets and multiply that times .05. That would be your cut for the whole month. So you would divide that by 30 days in a month to get how much to cut the first day. And then the next day you would cut twice that, and so on.

I will defer now to a math guru. Hope one shows up!

Gard :)

edit: removed goofy mix up of grams and milligrams

I know there aren't many people doing a dry taper here but can someone please help me figure out what a 5% monthly cut would be? I am taking 2.5 mg's total of Klonopin in 5 .5 mg pills. One .5 mg pill weighs .171 grams on my scale and I don't know how much to cut in order to get 5% a month reduction of my daily dose. I just spoke to someone who said to cut in .004 increments every 3 days and I think that's right but my benzo brain is awful and I'm terrible at math with a functional brain.

5 X .171g = .855 grams  That's the total weight of your daily dose

.855g X 5% = .043g

.043g/30 days = .00143g daily cut

The .004 per 3 days is close enough  (.0013g)

5 X .171g = .855 grams  That's the total weight of your daily dose

.855g X 5% = .043g

.043g/30 days = .00143g daily cut

The .004 per 3 days is close enough  (.0013g)

Whatever he just said...I agree! :thumbsup:

Hi Builder

Its me again  :'(

Im going to ask my Dr. to switch me to the 5mg/5ml Liquid diazepam solution.  The pharmacy mixes it at the store.  Do you know if I can still request that it be from Roxane Labs?  I know you had the big bottle but my Dr won't prescribe that amount I don't think.

I want to dilute with more water to avoid mistakes.  Can I just take 4mg of the solution without dilution and then dilute 1mg of the solution and make my cut from that?  How would I do a 100:1 ratio with only 1mg of the liquid diazepam.  What would my numbers look like?  What would I look at on the 1ml syringe to go down .01mg?

I've just started communicating with Jana and she is advising me to dilute more than 10:1.

Just a reminder Im currently at 5mg of the liquid Intensol.

I hope Im making sense.

Hi Builder

Its me again  :'(

Im going to ask my Dr. to switch me to the 5mg/5ml Liquid diazepam solution.  The pharmacy mixes it at the store.  Do you know if I can still request that it be from Roxane Labs?  I know you had the big bottle but my Dr won't prescribe that amount I don't think.

I want to dilute with more water to avoid mistakes.  Can I just take 4mg of the solution without dilution and then dilute 1mg of the solution and make my cut from that?  How would I do a 100:1 ratio with only 1mg of the liquid diazepam.  What would my numbers look like?  What would I look at on the 1ml syringe to go down .01mg?

I've just started communicating with Jana and she is advising me to dilute more than 10:1.

Just a reminder Im currently at 5mg of the liquid Intensol.

I hope Im making sense.

There is only 1 mfgr of liquid diazepam in the US.  It might still be labelled "Roxane", but Roxane was acquired by westward labs, so it may now be labeled differently.  But it's the same product, in either case.

It may be dispensed by your local pharmacy, but the pharmacy does NOT mix it

There is absolutely no reason to dilute more than .1mg per ml.  That will let you easily measure down to .01mg (hundredths of a mg).  You could even measure down to .001mg, but there really is no need to do that.

With your 5mg=1ml Intensol, that would be 1mg Intensol + 49ml water.  If you get the 5mg=5ml Oral Solution, then you would use 1ml of solution + 9ml water.

How do I do a dry micro cut from .5mg? I think I want to taper 5% every 14 days so 10% a month.

Snowflake,

Are you down to .5 mg a day? I am far from the expert here and I am sure that you will get advice from someone more experienced.

But, this is what I started last night- I am doing a dry taper, but it's not a microtaper. Weigh about 10 pills and take the average (mine are .166g). I am cutting by 5% and holding (we'll see how long-maybe 10-14 days). So multiply .166 x 95%= .158 and take that amount for 10-14 days, then do .158 x 95%=.150 and take amount for 10-14 days, and so on...

This is much different than a microtaper, but I am finding it easier so far- We'll see what happens.

I hope I didn't confuse you and again, I am not the expert. I just think this might be easier than cutting off a small amount each day.

I am at 1.0 mg so I am doing .166 x 2= .332 and multiply it by 95% to get .315. Then I subtract .166 from that to get .149 (this is what I started taking last night).

Good Luck! (sorry if I confused you!) And if this is a bad idea, I would love advice from those more experienced! Thanks!

How do I do a dry micro cut from .5mg? I think I want to taper 5% every 14 days so 10% a month.

Snowflake,

Are you down to .5 mg a day? I am far from the expert here and I am sure that you will get advice from someone more experienced.

But, this is what I started last night- I am doing a dry taper, but it's not a microtaper. Weigh about 10 pills and take the average (mine are .166g). I am cutting by 5% and holding (we'll see how long-maybe 10-14 days). So multiply .166 x 95%= .158 and take that amount for 10-14 days, then do .158 x 95%=.150 and take amount for 10-14 days, and so on...

This is much different than a microtaper, but I am finding it easier so far- We'll see what happens.

I hope I didn't confuse you and again, I am not the expert. I just think this might be easier than cutting off a small amount each day.

I am at 1.0 mg so I am doing .166 x 2= .332 and multiply it by 95% to get .315. Then I subtract .166 from that to get .149 (this is what I started taking last night).

Good Luck! (sorry if I confused you!) And if this is a bad idea, I would love advice from those more experienced! Thanks!

Thank you for replying! I have been doing this method but I was cutting 10% and the lower I got it put me on my death bed so now I'm going to try 5% but it probably won't help much since I'm in horrible tolerance.

Snowflake,

Thank you for replying! I have been doing this method but I was cutting 10% and the lower I got it put me on my death bed so now I'm going to try 5% but it probably won't help much since I'm in horrible tolerance.

Snowflake, many buddies find they need to slow down toward the end of their tapers. You may indeed do better if you go more slowly.

Gard :)

And adding in some CT/kindling issues that seems to add in to the slow down as you go down idea. Im just halfway through and to feel the same way I did last year where I was cutting .001g every other day I can only cut that same amount every 3 to 4 days. But I have also had kindling/failed taper issues so my brain is very suspicious of my actions

Gard - can you tell me again your taper rate for Librium - I didn't quite understand it from before.  I don't do liquid so do you know what you taper in terms of mg of Librium per day?

lbr, actually I'm holding right now. When I was cutting, it was in the range of 5-10% per month. I was cutting every 3 days this last round, so not a daily taper.

Are you dry cutting tablets? (We only have capsules here.) One of the math guys can figure out how much to dry cut each day if you tell them what rate you want per month and how much your tablet weighs.

Gard

Hi, I would like to try dry microtapering and could use some help with the math. I've read a lot of posts that break it down but they are pretty wordy along with numbers and I'm just not understanding. If anyone is avail to help I'd be overjoyed. I am at .25 and have purchased a Gemini jewelers scale. I'd love to try microdosing daily.

Thanks for any input!

Hi, I would like to try dry microtapering and could use some help with the math. I've read a lot of posts that break it down but they are pretty wordy along with numbers and I'm just not understanding. If anyone is avail to help I'd be overjoyed. I am at .25 and have purchased a Gemini jewelers scale. I'd love to try microdosing daily.

Thanks for any input!

4ea. .25 pills in

2ml vodka and add 98ml water will give you a strength of .01mg/ml. your dose will be 25ml per day.to reduce 10% a month , you would take .08ml less each day example day one=25ml, day 2 =24.92 ml day 3=24.84ml

I want to to a dry taper.  I tried a liquid K made by compound pharmacy and it threw me into major symptoms within minutes of taking it and days to come out so I am not messing with anything liquid (unfortunately because it seemed a good idea). 

Any math for dry taper?

Thanks!!

I want to to a dry taper.  I tried a liquid K made by compound pharmacy and it threw me into major symptoms within minutes of taking it and days to come out so I am not messing with anything liquid (unfortunately because it seemed a good idea). 

Any math for dry taper?

Thanks!!

When I dry tapered, I would grind several pills into a powder and weigh out my doses. Dont know what else to tell you because I dont knoe the weight of your pills.

My math is awful but I can tell you what I do now vs what I used to do just as an example. SG helped me to figure out a dry microtaper cutting .001 g a day from my dose. I started at 11 mg valium, which was a total pill weight each day of 352g. I would take .351 the next day, .350 the day after etc etc but it did not take long for me to realize that would be too fast for me, I was having a lot of symptoms so I cut every other day instead. As I got further alomg I had to go to every 3 days- but it works for me and its a really easy dry cut taper based on symptoms. Sorry I cant help with your math but thats one example for you.

My math is awful but I can tell you what I do now vs what I used to do just as an example. SG helped me to figure out a dry microtaper cutting .001 g a day from my dose. I started at 11 mg valium, which was a total pill weight each day of 352g. I would take .351 the next day, .350 the day after etc etc but it did not take long for me to realize that would be too fast for me, I was having a lot of symptoms so I cut every other day instead. As I got further alomg I had to go to every 3 days- but it works for me and its a really easy dry cut taper based on symptoms. Sorry I cant help with your math but thats one example for you.

That is exactly the way I did it except when sxs ramped up, I would hold. Take .001 less per day.

So, Kitty, you are reducing on average roughly 0.01 mg Valium per day.  Except you're cutting 0.03 mg every 3 days.

Gard- yes, I have the 5 and 10 mg capsules. What is your average weight for your capsules? I weigh only the powder from the emptied capsule.

So, Kitty, you are reducing on average roughly 0.01 mg Valium per day.  Except you're cutting 0.03 mg every 3 days.

Gard- yes, I have the 5 and 10 mg capsules. What is your average weight for your capsules? I weigh only the powder from the emptied capsule.

Sorry, I have no idea, libr. I do liquid titration.

No Im not- Im still cutting .001 each cut. Early on I was cutting .001 every day. Then I slowed it down to .001 every other day. Now I cut .001 every third day. I am going at one third my original rate.