Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Gard, just wondering if by 10% you mean 10% of the current dose or 10% of starting dose. Also that is 10% per month correct? Thanks, Goodchance Muddlebrain.

Hi, Goodchance. Love your user name!

For the percentage-based system, the general rule is 10% of current dose per month. IMHO, refiguring every day or every week during a DMT is not necessary and is impossibly complicated. I just refigure once/month.

For the symptoms-based system, people just keeping cutting the same amount until their symptoms start to get worrisome to them. Then they refigure/hold/slow as they see fit.

For people new at it, you usually see them starting with 10% and then adjusting up or down as they see how they respond to the rate. I'm always in favor of keeping track of symptoms and listening to your body to determine your rate as you go.

Gard :)

[d4...]
Pooky - Yes I got slammed out of nowhere. My taper up until that point was far from symptom free but it was bearable. There weren't any warning signs that I can remember.

I was cutting 10% every 2 weeks and have been on my death bed for a few weeks. I had to updose a week ago and it helped for about a week now I'm back on my death bed and need to make smaller cuts so I want to try micro taper. I'm on 0.86g right now and want to cut way less than 10% how do I do it?  How do I do a Klonopin micro taper? Are the symtoms more manageable? I'm also in tolerance wd.

Snowflake are you doing liquid tapering? I'm no expert by any means, but, its way easier than cutting the dose weekly. You do daily small cuts.

Snowflake are you doing liquid tapering? I'm no expert by any means, but, its way easier than cutting the dose weekly. You do daily small cuts.

No liquid.

I was cutting 10% every 2 weeks and have been on my death bed for a few weeks. I had to updose a week ago and it helped for about a week now I'm back on my death bed and need to make smaller cuts so I want to try micro taper. I'm on 0.86g right now and want to cut way less than 10% how do I do it?  How do I do a Klonopin micro taper? Are the symtoms more manageable? I'm also in tolerance wd.

10% every 2 weeks is more than a lot of people could handle, Snowflake. I go half that rate. Some people go even more slowly.

I'm not very familiar with updosing and what kind of waves and windows to expect from that. You might want to check out the updosing support thread for information on what to expect from that before making a decision about what to do next. There are some great people in the group.

Updosing Support Group

If you decide to go ahead and switch to DMT, one of the math guys will be along to help with the numbers. I wasn't sure from your last comment if you meant you were not using liquid or you could not use liquid. It would help to clarify that for them.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Gard

10% every 2 weeks is more than a lot of people could handle, Snowflake. I go half that rate. Some people go even more slowly.

I'm not very familiar with updosing and what kind of waves and windows to expect from that. You might want to check out the updosing support thread for information on what to expect from that before making a decision about what to do next. There are some great people in the group.

Updosing Support Group

If you decide to go ahead and switch to DMT, one of the math guys will be along to help with the numbers. I wasn't sure from your last comment if you meant you were not using liquid or you could not use liquid. It would help to clarify that for them.

Gard

I'm don't regularly updose. I need help with a DRY daily micro cut plan.

Updosing Support Group

Gard

I'm don't regularly updose. I need help with a DRY daily micro cut plan.

Yes, most people don't regularly updose. In fact, they like to call it a dose correction, or other such term, over there, meaning they cut too fast and needed to correct in order to stabilize. I just thought they would be able to tell you how long it might take for a dose correction to kick in or if to expect waves after you do it. As I said, I don't know much about it.

A dry micro-taper is not as easy as a liquid micro-taper, but some people have done it. I've only done liquid, and even that with help from the math guys on this thread. They do still come on here, just not as often as when this thread was more active.

Meanwhile, it would help if you put more details (dates, cuts, tablet sizes, that sort of thing) into your signature so they can be of better help to you. There are some good guys who are very patient with helping with math and methods who do most of the detailed advice on this thread. I'm sure one of them will be along soon.

Gard

P.S. One thing I do know, people who make very small dry cuts usually use a scale such as this:

Gem20

I would like to begin a daily dry microtaper. I see that some people recommend the liquid, but I would like to try it dry first and see how it goes. I am currently at 1 mg of Klonopin. I bought the gem 20 scale. Here are my questions: Do I weigh and cut from 1.0 mg (2  .5 mg pills) or just 1 pill (.5 mg). So 1 weighed 10 pills and 1 pill (.5 mg) weighs approx. .166 grams. How much should I cut (5% of the .166 grams) and another 5% each day? Any math calculations or advice would be appreciated! Thanks for your help!

do people doing DMT feel that if the day is rough, evenings are better to normal, or, is it just me?

I am so much better at night compared to the day.. Tried everything like dose changes, sleep and eating changes...

Conclusion... -am alergic to  day light (sensory/ chemistry)

Is like clockwork...

Sorry, probably no help... :(

I would like to begin a daily dry microtaper. I see that some people recommend the liquid, but I would like to try it dry first and see how it goes. I am currently at 1 mg of Klonopin. I bought the gem 20 scale. Here are my questions: Do I weigh and cut from 1.0 mg (2  .5 mg pills) or just 1 pill (.5 mg). So 1 weighed 10 pills and 1 pill (.5 mg) weighs approx. .166 grams. How much should I cut (5% of the .166 grams) and another 5% each day? Any math calculations or advice would be appreciated! Thanks for your help!

for a start, maybe devide the 5% answer by 30, for a daily cut/reduction number (for 5% per month taper)

But Dont trust me alone...!!!

Others will help...

Best wishes...

Hi, Lily. When the math gurus come along, they might want to know how often you are dosing. If you are only dosing once per day, you only need to cut from one tablet. If you are dosing twice per day, you will need to cut from each tablet.

I am not a math guru. Trust me, you don't want me doing your math. But Cant has the right idea. You take the rate you have chosen per month. 5% is usually a safe place to start. Others start at 10%. I wouldn't start with more than 10%. That is the rate per month, not per day. So you divide that by 30 (days in a month) to get how much more to cut each day.

Hi, Lily. When the math gurus come along, they might want to know how often you are dosing. If you are only dosing once per day, you only need to cut from one tablet. If you are dosing twice per day, you will need to cut from each tablet.

I am not a math guru. Trust me, you don't want me doing your math. But Cant has the right idea. You take the rate you have chosen per month. 5% is usually a safe place to start. Others start at 10%. I wouldn't start with more than 10%. That is the rate per month, not per day. So you divide that by 30 (days in a month) to get how much more to cut each day.

Thanks- I take .5 AM and .5 PM

Thanks- I take .5 AM and .5 PM

I can tell you that some people cut round robin off their doses. One day off of AM and the next day off of PM (so then both doses are even on the second day). Repeat. Some people cut the same amount off of each dose each day. Generally, the more even the doses, the better. Generally.

Waaaaaay back when I was cutting Xanax, I did round robin. I was dosing 4-6 times/day. Each cut would have been impossibly small if I had tried to cut the same amount off of each dose on each day. It was complicated. The math gurus figured out my dilution and my cuts.

I see builder, jr, and Valley haven't logged in yet today, but they'll show up.

[fb...]

do people doing DMT feel that if the day is rough, evenings are better to normal, or, is it just me?

I am so much better at night compared to the day.. Tried everything like dose changes, sleep and eating changes...

Conclusion... -am alergic to  day light (sensory/ chemistry)

Is like clockwork...

Sorry, probably no help... :(

no, that helps cantfly! i surmise i'm not alone. i faintly recall some people mentioning that even in (their) acute, evenings were almost normal. it's weird but we don't know why this happens -- "like clockwork" is right.

No liquid.

Liquid is SO MUCH easier, especially with high-potency benzos like K.

No liquid.

Liquid looks too difficult. And it gives me a panic attack just looking at how it's done.

[fb...]

No liquid.

Liquid looks too difficult. And it gives me a panic attack just looking at how it's done.

it's really not difficult once you have the apparatus ready and have done a trial run.

i imagined i'd have more difficulty dry cutting with a jeweler's scale than with making reductions with a syringe were i disoriented or blue as a fallout of taper.

in either case, one doesn't have to be anal -- a good margin of error is perfectly alright while tapering (except perhaps during the last couple of mgs).

No liquid.

Liquid looks scary, and I had a few hiccups when i started.    I had tons of hiccups when I started tapering no matter what I tried! 

But now I use part liquid, part pills.  Liquid for the amount I would have cut in a week and pills for the rest.  It is sooooooo much easier than what I was doing before with the cut and hold method.  :smitten: :smitten: Any blips can be corrected really quickly!  :thumbsup:  And it seems to me that I can feel my body healing.  When symptoms do get too rough rather than getting worse and worse they tend to ameliorate during the day.  Like my body knows how to deal with the small uptick in a way it couldn't handle when I cut too much.

Builder help me with the math, he's the guru of this stuff -- Thanks again Builder!

When you're ready to try, and only you can know when that is, I would really recommend you give it a try.

[fb...]

Any blips can be corrected really quickly!  :thumbsup: 

how do you correct blips? updosing? hold? or some other variety of blips?

Snowflake,

I feel the same way! I am going to try a dry cut of 0.0625 today and see how that goes. Then I might  try the dry microtaper. I may be back for advice on the liquid eventually!

Any blips can be corrected really quickly!  :thumbsup: 

how do you correct blips? updosing? hold? or some other variety of blips?

I just held for a day, and one day of holding seemed to correct the blips.  That's way better than the holding I had to do with pills alone and cutting too much at a time where I felt like crap for days!

Liquifying your tablets is as easy as stirring sugar into your morning coffee/tea.

Then you just pull out the amount you need for your dose.

Way easier than cutting/sanding/scraping/weighing, etc.

but...do whatever you feel comfortable with.

If I take 15 mg of temazepam at night and dissolve it with PG, and fill up the container to 150 ml that equals 0.1 mg to 1ml correct for one dose. How much would I/should I withdraw daily for a microtaper of apx 10% per month? I know it would change each day, but where would I start?  lol Thanks in advance for any help. :)

10% is 1.5 mg/30=.05. You would reduce by .05 a day.  :)--V

CRAP!!! I've been reducing by .5!!! My syringe is 5 mL and doesn't have .05 and I got confused. I'll stop and hold and see what happens!! UGH!! Why does this have to be so complicated?? 

-LC