Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

@[Bu...]

For me, reducing from 0.5mg at 1% per day currently, how many tablets would you mix up with how much liquid to help with accuracy?  I'm tired of the milk routine, so any help is welcome!

@Builder - I've been using milk for my titration but it sounds like you're a firm believe that the vodka is better.  It'd certainly better for me, to avoid milk at bedtime due to reflux.

For me, reducing from 0.5mg at 1% per day currently, how many tablets would you mix up with how much liquid to help with accuracy?  I'm tired of the milk routine, so any help is welcome!

From an effectiveness standpoint, I wouldn't say vodka (or PG) is "better".  Anything that effective dissolves the benzo creates an evenly distributed solution will work.

But there are obvious issues with storage, perishability, portability, etc. that IMO make it less desireable.

Plus the fact that I just don't like milk!  ::)

@Builder - I've been using milk for my titration but it sounds like you're a firm believe that the vodka is better.  It'd certainly better for me, to avoid milk at bedtime due to reflux.

.5mg into 1ml vodka and add 4ml h2o will give you a solution strength of .1mg/ml. That is one days worth. Multiply all figures by the number of days you want to mix up.

.5mg into 1ml vodka and add 4ml h2o will give you a solution strength of .1mg/ml. That is one days worth. Multiply all figures by the number of days you want to mix up.

Formula is correct.  :thumbsup:

Hey ya Gard, How are you doing??? We have had LOTS of rain, but that has kept the temperatures rather nice and the AC from having to work so hard.  :smitten:

Lots of rain here, too. We had a blast of heat but now it's like April has returned. Rain, rain, rain. Mow, mow, mow.

I'm doing OK with my resumed taper. Waves are tolerable. Windows enable me to get things done. Hope things are well with you, too. Enjoy the nice temperatures!

Gard :smitten:

Thanks, people. Do I need to get the pestle and mortar out, as I do with milk, when I mix with vodka?

I think some people smash and some people just let the pill sit until it disintegrates. My only experience with a mortar and pestle is with Seroquel. I had one brand of Q I needed to smash and another brand that completely disintegrated on its own. Maybe try dropping the pill into a little vodka and see what it does. After it disintegrates, you don't want to see any larger bits that might be holding onto the drug. The nice thing about vodka is you can see better what's happening.

For MT, do you measure out only the "cut" part? It seems many ppl do this.

Is there any concern about the pills you take as is fluctuating in dose? They can fluctuate 5-10%!

I know when taking a stable dose, we don't feel this fluctuation and we only even think abt it when we taper.... But for a daily taper it seems so much fluctuation in the dose would allow for as smooth a ride even though the trend is downward. Would a more constant daily dose w/o the wide fluctuation be better?

I know those who use Rx liquid take their whole dose as liquid and therefore are getting an accurate amt each day w/o the wide fluctuation.

Trying to decide if I should measure out my entire dose for MT. The only downside I see is it's more labor ... But maybe it's worth it for accuracy? Thoughts?

The way I do it is I take part of each dose as capsules and part as liquid. So I only dissolve 1 capsule per dose. I always request the same brand of L for every refill. I think that helps keep the dose stable. My pharmacist said that the amount of L in the generic capsule had to be the same as the name brand but the bioavailability could vary by 10% from the brand name. So, I figure if I use the same brand generic with the same ingredients every time, I'm likely getting the same bioavailability every time. So far so good.

I know those who use Rx liquid take their whole dose as liquid and therefore are getting an accurate amt each day w/o the wide fluctuation.

I didn't.

Can somebody help me work out how to make 1% (0.005mcg) cuts per day with vodka? Sorry, struggling with the sums.

If I topped up to 100ml of water with 0.5mg, 1ml would be 0.005mcg. I'm down to 0.3mg tonight, so I'd take 60ml. Could I, for example, put 2.5g of Clonazepam in 5ml of vodka, top up with 495 ml of water and use that over a number of days? Or maybe 2mg in 400ml of liquid, lasting just short of seven days?

Can somebody help me work out how to make 1% (0.005mcg) cuts per day with vodka? Sorry, struggling with the sums.

If I topped up to 100ml of water with 0.5mg, 1ml would be 0.005mcg. I'm down to 0.3mg tonight, so I'd take 60ml. Could I, for example, put 2.5g of Clonazepam in 5ml of vodka, top up with 495 ml of water and use that over a number of days? Or maybe 2mg in 400ml of liquid, lasting just short of seven days?

Your getting your units and decimals confused.

If you have .5mg dissolved in 100ml liquid, then 1ml = .005 mg, NOT .005 mcg.  (.5mg/100=.005mg)

You're right @Builder - I did muddle up by mcg/mg.  But the question remains, if you can help.

If you start with 100ml solution, as in your question above, each ml = 1%  To cut 1%/day, you dosing schedule would be:

100ml

99ml

98ml

97ml etc....

Can somebody help me work out how to make 1% (0.005mg) cuts per day with vodka? Sorry, struggling with the sums.

If I topped up to 100ml of water with 0.5mg, 1ml would be 0.005mg. I'm down to 0.3mg tonight, so I'd take 60ml. Could I, for example, put 2.5g of Clonazepam in 5ml of vodka, top up with 495 ml of water and use that over a number of days? Or maybe 2mg in 400ml of liquid, lasting just short of seven days?

So, with the correct unit of measurement (mg!), does that sound like it would be okay to use 400/500ml water/vodka over the course of a week?  Is there any benefit to doing this, over full-fat milk, other than convenience?

I've reduced by over 40% using milk titration with very few ill effects and don't want to mess up now.  But it is a faff.

Can somebody help me work out how to make 1% (0.005mg) cuts per day with vodka? Sorry, struggling with the sums.

If I topped up to 100ml of water with 0.5mg, 1ml would be 0.005mg. I'm down to 0.3mg tonight, so I'd take 60ml. Could I, for example, put 2.5g of Clonazepam in 5ml of vodka, top up with 495 ml of water and use that over a number of days? Or maybe 2mg in 400ml of liquid, lasting just short of seven days?

So, with the correct unit of measurement (mg!), does that sound like it would be okay to use 400/500ml water/vodka over the course of a week?  Is there any benefit to doing this, over full-fat milk, other than convenience?

I've reduced by over 40% using milk titration with very few ill effects and don't want to mess up now.  But it is a faff.

1) For simplicity, most folks prefer to work with either .1mg=1ml, or .01mg=1ml.  As long as your comfortable doing the calculations with a .5mg=100ml, it will work just fine.

2)  If you started with milk, its working for you, and you're comfortable with it, I probably wouldn't change.  The vodka mix eliminates the perisability and storage issues, but if it's been OK so far, why change.

Hi Folks at this DM-TSG.

I just mixed up my first batch of juice -- advised by Builder as to how to do it  :thumbsup:

I'm super nervous about this change!  I know little white pills but this mixture seems to be a whole new game.  I know in reality it isn't but the dreaded anxiety appears to be rearing it's head around this issue.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Happy Canada Day!

Sixty, if you followed builder's directions, you have nothing to fear but fear itself! ;) I was so nervous at first, too. In a few days, it will be much easier. You can do this! :thumbsup:

Gard :)

Hey everyone. I'm looking for some links/spreadsheet to work with on a milk daily taper from 1.5mg Klonopin, if anyone could share anything or even provide any insight at all I'd love to hear it.

Sixty, if you followed builder's directions, you have nothing to fear but fear itself! ;) I was so nervous at first, too. In a few days, it will be much easier. You can do this! :thumbsup:

Hi Gard,

Second day of DLMT and I'm hitting a wall.  I've checked my calculations and am not sure what the hell has gone wrong.  The only thing I can think is that I didn't stir the concentrate up enough when I took it last night. Today I feel like I did after a .25 cut in the beginning when I was going too fast.  I'm not giving up yet just wanted to tell someone from the forum about this.  It also seems too quick to be feeling a cut at all!  The cuts usually hit me day 5-7.

Did it take you a few days to feel more stable after making this change?  I was feeling really stable before I began with this new experiment.

It must be the concentrate and how I mixed it.

Any thoughts would be very welcome anyone!

Many thanks

Hi Gard,

Second day of DLMT and I'm hitting a wall.  I've checked my calculations and am not sure what the hell has gone wrong.  The only thing I can think is that I didn't stir the concentrate up enough when I took it last night. Today I feel like I did after a .25 cut in the beginning when I was going too fast.  I'm not giving up yet just wanted to tell someone from the forum about this.  It also seems too quick to be feeling a cut at all!  The cuts usually hit me day 5-7.

Did it take you a few days to feel more stable after making this change?  I was feeling really stable before I began with this new experiment.

It must be the concentrate and how I mixed it.

Any thoughts would be very welcome anyone!

Many thanks

SS, Could you give us more details about you're system? How do you make your solution? What is your solvent and are you making sure you dissolve before you dilute? If you're dissolving, the stirring shouldn't matter. I confess, I haven't heard of diluting  with juice, so I don't know what to say about that.

How often do you dose each med? Are you doing anything differently now, such as using new supplies that may be tripping you up when you measure? Have you had any big stress in your life?

We'll try to get to the bottom of this. Meanwhile, I'd suggest not cutting again until you feel more stable.

SS, I think I found builder's directions on another thread. Is this what you're doing?

Dissolve 20 X .25mg tablets (5mg) in 10ml vodka or propylene glycol

Add 40ml water.

You now have 50ml liquid, .1mg per ml.  At your current dosage (.44mg) this will be approx a 12-14 day supply.

.44 x 10% = .044

.044/10 days=.0044mg/day  (round down to .004)

Your daily dose schedule will be...

.44mg    4.4ml

.436        4.36ml

.432        4.32ml

.428        4.28ml

etc...

Just lower you dose .004mg (.04ml) each day.