A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I'm down by 20% after ten days,  I.e. Down to 0.40mg from 0.50mg. Had two nights with a little sleep interruption, although last night better, and a little bit of head fuzziness but nothing unmanageable. My biggest issue is looking for symptoms and worrying about it (horror stories - but usually from people in dramatically different situations)! There's definitely a bit of impatience, although it's clearly a lot more controlled than cold turkey or cutting by quarters at once. I've had very little help from medical 'experts' who saw no need to be cautious which is rather sad.

I'll keep cutting at 2% a day with 4mg melatonin to help sleep and keep a close eye on it. I think I might be close to holding or changing to 1% (I took my  cutting figures from one of the recommended milk titration guides on here). I think because I consider myself pretty mentally stable and very proactive about my physical and mental welfare (good diet, no booze) I feel pretty safe. Had I problems with depression, I'd be much more wary. It appears some people successfully cut much quicker and I guess it is one of the most individual things ever.

I will keep you all updated!

I know someone with depression, anxiety, and a mediocre diet who tapered off her K with no symptoms in just 6 months. I know others who were in good health who took years to get off. I was very upbeat about how I was exercising and eating right and finally in a good place after some really difficult years, so thought I'd be off in 6 months, like my doctor said. Boy, was I wrong! 

Is anyone micro tapering that is kindled?

I am.  First time just tapered too fast and did not even realize what happened to me. Second time, seems like it was just from taking the stuff too long.

Is anyone micro tapering that is kindled?

I am.  First time just tapered too fast and did not even realize what happened to me. Second time, seems like it was just from taking the stuff too long.

How are you feeling now?

I think I'm ready to try micro tapering again.

So recently, I made a cut too big (6.25%) and suffered trying to wait it out- waited 6 wks and couldn't stand it anymore so I updosed. After a wk, I felt great and really stable. I held 10 days and then tried a smaller cut (3.3%)- that % cut has always worked for me before, actually even slightly larger cuts have worked out. My usual lag time is 6 days but this time I didn't feel anything until 9-10 days. Why???  I'm so confused. And it's really bad again and I don't get it. I'm so frustrated!

I'm on Librium. 1 mg Valium = 2.5 mg Librium per Ashton.

So 5 mg V = 12.5 mg Librium.

I'm scared of any choice. I feel like I'm never going to get off this stuff.

But if I do microtaper, how do I choose the cut rate? Does micro tapering make one more sensitive to tiny cuts??  Seems like so many people do better on MT but I'm still so scared.

I appreciate any advice or tips or encouragement! Thank you.

I felt exactly like you do right now - I had to hold for 3 months last fall ( mil moved in and major renovations going on in home at the time).

I resumed my MT in January 2017. I was shocked that my brain could not tolerate my reinstatement of a very very easy and low dose MT. However, It did not. I truly did not know what to do, cause I knew I could not MT any slower, I mean really.... I thought the same thoughts as you have expressed. After several weeks of this, I began to realize that for whatever reason, I had to ease back into MT. Almost like needing to get my brain back into recognition and acceptance of Mt again. ( that may seem silly, but it is what happened)

So I reduced by .01ml and waited a week and so forth.... working my way back to how i was tapering prior to that long hold. I am now 6 months back into my MT & I am able to taper by .01ml every day to every other day. though we are all very different in how our bodies cope with tapering,  Perhaps this is what you are experiencing as well???  :smitten:

hmmm---interesting kasey...easing back into it.  Nightmare really.

Someone once posted that the brain gets used a certain rate of the medicine leaving the body and almost expects that or maybe is prepared for that. I guess if you stop tapering, the body stops being used to it and has to get used to it again?  Who knows. 

So what do I do now??  Updose again vs wait?  smaller cut next time vs MT?

I'm down by 20% after ten days,  I.e. Down to 0.40mg from 0.50mg. Had two nights with a little sleep interruption, although last night better, and a little bit of head fuzziness but nothing unmanageable. My biggest issue is looking for symptoms and worrying about it (horror stories - but usually from people in dramatically different situations)! There's definitely a bit of impatience, although it's clearly a lot more controlled than cold turkey or cutting by quarters at once. I've had very little help from medical 'experts' who saw no need to be cautious which is rather sad.

I'll keep cutting at 2% a day with 4mg melatonin to help sleep and keep a close eye on it. I think I might be close to holding or changing to 1% (I took my  cutting figures from one of the recommended milk titration guides on here). I think because I consider myself pretty mentally stable and very proactive about my physical and mental welfare (good diet, no booze) I feel pretty safe. Had I problems with depression, I'd be much more wary. It appears some people successfully cut much quicker and I guess it is one of the most individual things ever.

I know someone with depression, anxiety, and a mediocre diet who tapered off her K with no symptoms in just 6 months. I know others who were in good health who took years to get off. I was very upbeat about how I was exercising and eating right and finally in a good place after some really difficult years, so thought I'd be off in 6 months, like my doctor said. Boy, was I wrong!

I hear ya, Gard!!! Doctors are soooo clueless.

I've been out of touch. Reinjured my dang back again!! Spent the last few days with my physical therapist. Anyway, I hope everybody is hanging in there. Next!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Libr that was me  saying what  advice Clona 21 gave to me to help me taper.  She said our bodies get used to a pace and stopping completely, as long as the s/x are bearable, is not a good idea- what she said is to slow the pace down - gradually so your body gets used to the new pace.  Since you were fine before, and okay for your smaller cuts, I think that Kasey has the right idea - after a long hold start very slow and build up to the pace you want to be on. 

Day 11. I'll be taking 0.38mg tonight from 0.50mg clonazepam. 0.01mg reduction per day.

Minor headache but I'm treating it as just the brain healing itself. It tends not to be noticeable when I relax or I'm busy. I actually think to some degree it's anxiety, worrying I'll have a bad turn. Yet to reach a point I feel the need to hold.

Hopeful it can continue like this. The following describes this as an aggressive approach but apparently approved:

http://www.choosehelp.co.uk/topics/detox/sedative-anti-convulsant-detox-ativan-ambient-benzodiazepines

I hear ya, Gard!!! Doctors are soooo clueless.

I've been out of touch. Reinjured my dang back again!! Spent the last few days with my physical therapist. Anyway, I hope everybody is hanging in there. Next!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

I'm sorry to hear about your back, Jeff. How frustrating! I've recently found I need to be careful about that, too, even 8 years after my surgery. Ugh! But, life goes on and we go forward.  :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

I felt exactly like you do right now - I had to hold for 3 months last fall ( mil moved in and major renovations going on in home at the time).

I resumed my MT in January 2017. I was shocked that my brain could not tolerate my reinstatement of a very very easy and low dose MT. However, It did not. I truly did not know what to do, cause I knew I could not MT any slower, I mean really.... I thought the same thoughts as you have expressed. After several weeks of this, I began to realize that for whatever reason, I had to ease back into MT. Almost like needing to get my brain back into recognition and acceptance of Mt again. ( that may seem silly, but it is what happened)

So I reduced by .01ml and waited a week and so forth.... working my way back to how i was tapering prior to that long hold. I am now 6 months back into my MT & I am able to taper by .01ml every day to every other day. though we are all very different in how our bodies cope with tapering,  Perhaps this is what you are experiencing as well???  :smitten:

Yup, same with me. Easing back in after a long hold.  :thumbsup:

Hello everyone :)!! I am wanting to do a LT off of my Klonopin dose of 2mg. Can someone assist with a schedule of some sort...I'm looking to taper 100 days starting any day...Thanks, Mari

1.  Ok, how do you all "catch" your symptoms early enough to know to hold your dose and not continue tapering?  I have all kinds of symptoms but some are mild and I'm wondering if I should hold if any of those occur or only hold if the bad symptoms occur?  Ideally, I'd like to avoid any bad symptoms but I know this won't be symptom-free so how do you decide when to hold and when to keep going?

2.  If you do stop to hold, when you resume, should one go back to the same taper rate or slow the rate?

3. Has anyone updosed while MT'ing - if so, how do you know what to go back to....given the lag time?

I'm thinking to switch to MT and want to get as much info as possible first.  Thank you!

Yeah theres the occasional lucky person that can get through symptom free but they dont tend to stay on here long! Everyones symptoms vary but after a while you can usually notice some pattern to symptoms and you can figure out when to hold. When I updosed it was never by much since Im micro, you usually go back where you felt better and for me that was never more than a week or so. Except this accidental cut I did by donating plasma and had I thought about it I should have updosed to help replace some of what was taken out. I plan and plan and it never goes as planned but I hope yours does!

1.  Ok, how do you all "catch" your symptoms early enough to know to hold your dose and not continue tapering?  I have all kinds of symptoms but some are mild and I'm wondering if I should hold if any of those occur or only hold if the bad symptoms occur?  Ideally, I'd like to avoid any bad symptoms but I know this won't be symptom-free so how do you decide when to hold and when to keep going?

I can only speak from my experience. When my symptoms become intolerable, interfere with my life severely, I hold. I've found for me that if my symptoms are high for 3 days, they are likely to keep getting worse. But everyone is different. You have to do this trial and error. Keep notes and figure out your pattern.

2.  If you do stop to hold, when you resume, should one go back to the same taper rate or slow the rate?

Slowing the rate is probably more sensible. You can always try an increase in the future.

3. Has anyone updosed while MT'ing - if so, how do you know what to go back to....given the lag time?

I went back one week because I have about a one week lag.

I'm thinking to switch to MT and want to get as much info as possible first.  Thank you!

Hello, looking for some advice and if this is even possible.  I am tapering off of 2.75 mg's Valium from 15 mg's.  I've been ok up until recently and seem to have hit a wall.

1.  Can I prepare a liquid micro taper only using .25 or 1/4 of my 2 mg pills and reduce just that 1/4th or .25 mg's a month?

2.  Can I use a small amount of water...say 25 mL's instead of 100 mL's or more?

I know a lot of people do all liquid micro tapers, I've tried, and I cannot tolaerate all liquid for some reason. (I've made several attempts).  I have it compounded now in a 1:1 ratio, but the last two batches haven't been the same and I want to be in control of what I'm putting in etc...

Thanks for any and all advice!

Rach

Hello, looking for some advice and if this is even possible.  I am tapering off of 2.75 mg's Valium from 15 mg's.  I've been ok up until recently and seem to have hit a wall.

1.  Can I prepare a liquid micro taper only using .25 or 1/4 of my 2 mg pills and reduce just that 1/4th or .25 mg's a month?

2.  Can I use a small amount of water...say 25 mL's instead of 100 mL's or more?

I know a lot of people do all liquid micro tapers, I've tried, and I cannot tolaerate all liquid for some reason. (I've made several attempts).  I have it compounded now in a 1:1 ratio, but the last two batches haven't been the same and I want to be in control of what I'm putting in etc...

Rach

With a liquid taper you can mix liquid and dry pills to suit your needs. You could certainly do what you are suggesting.  :)--V

Rach

With a liquid taper you can mix liquid and dry pills to suit your needs. You could certainly do what you are suggesting.  :)--V

V--  Do you think I could just use a jar, add 25 mL's of water, dissolve my V, then slowly take out a little each day???

Just having problems with figuring the correct math?  I guess 1 mL would be 25 days which is close or I could do 30 mL's and take away 1 mL for 30 days???

Oh my, so confused!?  Lol

Rach

Rach

V--  Do you think I could just use a jar, add 25 mL's of water, dissolve my V, then slowly take out a little each day???

Just having problems with figuring the correct math?  I guess 1 mL would be 25 days which is close or I could do 30 mL's and take away 1 mL for 30 days???

Rach

1mg of V will need 2ml of vodka or PG to dissolve it...

without it the filler may dissolve, but the actual medicine could be anywhere...

Rach

Rach

Are you only wanting to reduce by .25mg a month? If so we can work out the math.  :)--V