i want to know something

[mi...]

mikey, bounce out of being scared please. I been there and all those fears are completely a waste of time. Be strong and move forward. Trust me, the grass is greener on the other side. one day you will look back at this moment and thank yourself.

one other thing mikey,

Getting sick and feeling mentally awkward is part of the process.  It is temporary and something everyone who comes off of benzos has to endure. We have walked in your shoes and know how painful it can be.  Take on your symptoms with strength and will power and you too will understand why us benzo free bloggers are doing our best to encourge you. Its a long road and well worth it. Trust me

Mikey,

again try not to project the negative of all this. like g-man and others have said.  Get out, go for a stroll....play games online...but do something to get your mind off the fear.  Believe me I know!  It sucks but once you let go of the fear you can take this in strides.  I know i am talking out my butt right now...but I have been where you are.  Now I taper one day at a time.

Mikey,

again try not to project the negative of all this. like g-man and others have said.  Get out, go for a stroll....play games online...but do something to get your mind off the fear.  Believe me I know!  It sucks but once you let go of the fear you can take this in strides.  I know i am talking out my butt right now...but I have been where you are.  Now I taper one day at a time.

i know your trying to help but when i abused the xanax 5 years ago double dose 2mg will something happen to me

i go to a psychotherapy... i am so scared i double dosed because i have anxiety every single day... i have a

family and i dont want to loose them i am still on klonopin 1.5mg i am scared that what i did i think so negative

that i will get a cardiac arrest or a heart attack i went to my doc now they told me i got OCD

but i am going to start exercising and yoga. massage therapy

Hey Mikey,

I know it is impossible to know your full medical history and even if we did, none of us are doctors, but we are all trying to help the best that we can.  This whole process is no fun, we wouldn't all be here if it were easy, but everyone's symptoms are different and we all struggle in our own way.  I know you keep referencing to past abuse of the medication where you say you "double dosed", even with that double dosing you have come all the way down to 1.5mg of Klonopin which is great...think where you were there and where you are now..... :)  I am not going to lie to you and tell you it is going to be an easy road off of this stuff, but it certainly is doable...if I can do it Mikey....you can do it.....I am one of the most impatient people on the planet....but this sure has taught me that I have no choice, but to be patient...

I try to distract myself the best I can.....I am a big sports fan..so I watch alot of sports...or I take my dog for a bunch of walks..anything to distract....I know it seems like sometimes we are just spinning our wheels....and not getting anyway...but every day you taper is a day closer to getting off this stuff.....none of the bad stuff is permanent....we all heal..in time...

TC

Mikey,

I too am the most impatient person as well....I used to be scared of everything.

I am 34, am a mother, wife....worked full time until last year because of the kid......and had the same concerns.  What if this, what if that...but it only made this whole thing more difficult.

When I replaced the fear with something else (like your yoga) I have been ok on this journey.  I no longer fear the tightness in my chest/shortness of breath.....depression...anxiety here and there.  Easier said than done, I know!

TC is right, it's not a walk in the park without having to step on a few cracks.

Me saying stop freaking yourself out is purely out of being in your shoes.  I am still about 6+/- months away from my finish on this journey but I know I will be fine just like you!

Really, I understand  :smitten:

Traycee

Hey Mikey,

I know it is impossible to know your full medical history and even if we did, none of us are doctors, but we are all trying to help the best that we can.  This whole process is no fun, we wouldn't all be here if it were easy, but everyone's symptoms are different and we all struggle in our own way.  I know you keep referencing to past abuse of the medication where you say you "double dosed", even with that double dosing you have come all the way down to 1.5mg of Klonopin which is great...think where you were there and where you are now..... :)  I am not going to lie to you and tell you it is going to be an easy road off of this stuff, but it certainly is doable...if I can do it Mikey....you can do it.....I am one of the most impatient people on the planet....but this sure has taught me that I have no choice, but to be patient...

I try to distract myself the best I can.....I am a big sports fan..so I watch alot of sports...or I take my dog for a bunch of walks..anything to distract....I know it seems like sometimes we are just spinning our wheels....and not getting anyway...but every day you taper is a day closer to getting off this stuff.....none of the bad stuff is permanent....we all heal..in time...

TC

TC You are a great person and all of benzo buddies are great.... so is beeper, rev,

i will not to try to think as much

Thanks Mikey...

We are all in this together man...we are all going to make it... :)

I bet when this is all over for you...you are going to be sitting here telling people...how you beat Klonopin....and how they can do it too.... :)

TC

Don't worry Mikey about forgetting and all those symptoms. ITS THE DOPE!!!!!!!!!!! Pure and simple. I have gotten way clearer in my mind on the way down and seem to not be as dizzy and those things. This is what I have noticed in my SLOW taper this time around. My mind seems less full of negative thoughts and anxiety than when I was on a much higher dose of the benzo (.50-75). My body is on fire with an internal energy at times I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the slow taper is good for the mind. Our minds really need to go slow with this crap since they are so delicate. Just keep going slow and as feelings try to resurface that have been dead for so long, ake an attempt not be afraid of them.  Keep your thoughts to this site and don't go to all the horror story sites. Put all your energy into positive thoughts and doing things that are healing and not into fear. Stomp on the fear that you are damaged cause you are NOT. It just takes time for our systems to get balanced again. You have to look at it this way. Either stay on the drug and keep increasing amounts that WILL cause you damage or keep walking the smart path you are on and as "turtle" TC says you too will able to long back on this and write your success story to help all the newbies coming up. Good energy beats ALL. Keep positive and like I said this site is the best one because most on here are amazingly positive and many have got through this in shining colors and so can you.

Hang on,

Rev B.

Rev,

Excellent post. :)

I too am starting to feel a bit sharper as I go down in the meds, in fact, my mind seems to be clicking right along..and seems to be a bit ahead of the healing curve when compared to some of the physical stuff that comes with this territory...

Mikey,

Hang in there man..this is not a fun ride....but when it is all over..it is so going to be worth it..

TC

Don't worry Mikey about forgetting and all those symptoms. ITS THE DOPE!!!!!!!!!!! Pure and simple. I have gotten way clearer in my mind on the way down and seem to not be as dizzy and those things. This is what I have noticed in my SLOW taper this time around. My mind seems less full of negative thoughts and anxiety when I was on a much higher dose of the benzo (.50-75). My body is on fire with an internal energy at times I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the slow taper is good for the mind. Our minds really need to go slow with this crap since they are so delicate. Just keep going slow and as feelings try to resurface that have been dead for so long, ake an attempt not be afraid of them.  Keep your thoughts to this site and don't go to all the horror story sites. Put all your energy into positive thoughts and doing things that are healing and not into fear. Stomp on the fear that you are damaged cause you are NOT. It just takes time for our systems to get balanced again. You have to look at it this way. Either stay on the drug and keep increasing amounts that WILL cause you damage or keep walking the smart path you are on and as "turtle" TC says you too will able to long back on this and write your success story to help all the newbies coming up. Good energy beats ALL. Keep positive and like I said this site is the best one because most on here are amazingly positive and many have got through this in shining colors and so can you.

Hang on,

Rev B.

how to make it a positive so lets say how to taper... slow taper

i  will only listen to benzo buddies and thats it... my doctor did it like this 2.0mg then 1.5mg i am still on 1.5mg

i have 1mg tablet and i do it 9am then evening how would you taper with 1.5mg

i will need some help because i am so confused......

I think you should get someone in the taper section to help you like Colin or Eljay and give them your exact specifics of what you are taking and all that. As far as the Crying, angry, happy. Those are called EMOTIONS damnit and if another shrink tries to list those as disorders in the DSM I am going to scream at the top of my lungs to them "This is HUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a disease" We are not wrong for expressing powerful emotions (as a matter of fact it is well known that holding things in causes stress or the infamous "boiling point" where then a bar fight or far worse can break out) or less MANLY as the powers that be like us to feel. Listen Mikey I would be more worried if you DIDN'T express emotions. They have been held back by science (chemicals)  to freaking long (for you and others on chemicals) and I have just had about enough of doctors telling us we have disorders because of it. Strong emotions need to get out and this is one way to actually cure anxiety and not through a freaking pill. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be afraid Mikey to let it out. Just do it to your higher power and try not to put to much to those you love the most. Yeah I would for sure put your questions about weaning in the taper forum and someone will help you with that. Just stay here for emotional help and support.

You will win this beast,

Rev Blue

i am standing  and thinking is that normal then i go somewhere

i am forgetting things, i lose balance when i walk, can't stop thinking. what the hell is wrong with me....

Nothing is wrong with you. It is the pill. I was on Depakote and a higher dose of klonopin and having those problems too. It also really could be anxiety. When you look at all the symptoms of anxiety. It is like all these thoughts that used to go outward "TURN INWARD". I am going to give you the best advice you will ever get in this taper. DON"T WAIT!!!!!!!!! THE TIME IS NOW!!!!!!!!!! Start learning new coping techniques and new lifestyle habits as the drug is leaving your body. Learn how to recognize the fears and write them down or talk them out loud if you need to and ask yourself. Have I had these problems before? Have they gone away even for a minute without me doing anything but letting them pass? Of course they come and go. I am sure sometimes you have moments when you feel somewhat ok. But it is hard to see them when your fear is running the show. I think the pills create a sort of obsession that is magnified now and physical symptoms that were never there before. I also stress diet and things like eggs and soy lecithin have something in them to help with your memory. Eat good as you can and I mean this "Eliminate ALL forms of sugar except for fruit" This includes juices,honey,molasses,brown sugar,etc. Just try it for say one month and watch the improvement you will see. I am telling you man, it is amazing what our bodies cannot take anymore and how sensitive we are after pills. Some like the GMAN can go crazy with the grub and it doesn't bother him. But for me and I think you too since you sound so sensitive and have a big anxiety thing going on. We need to pay special close attention to stress in our lives and watch what we are doing. Especially during the most critical time which is the drug taper.  I mean what do you got to lose by getting a diary and writing down what you do on a daily basis. Write all you eat any exercises, meditation, and the general feelings at the end of the day. This way you can go back and look to when you had a great day and go. "YEAH I HAD ONE AND I WILL HAVE ONE AGAIN" When you are too caught up in your thoughts it is hard to be objective to any real progress you are making. But when it is there in black and white you can have proof that good days do happen. And it gives you something to strive for down the road.

Hope this helps man,

Rev Blue

I AM LAUGHING SILLY GMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is freaking great dude. You made my night.

Peace to all crazy BB's,

Rev Blue

when i look up i see white spots  >:(

its sunny outside and and my eyes are bothering me

all i got to be is patience but it sucks. thinking and thinking

you can't stop.. benzo life sucks... everyone wants to be normal again

it's flu season and i am paranoid i will get sick..

7 years taking xanax 4mg daily worried that i will not get to see 40

its the drug. i know.  i got to flush the fears in the toilet..

when i look up i see white spots  >:(

its sunny outside and and my eyes are bothering me

all i got to be is patience but it sucks. thinking and thinking

you can't stop.. benzo life sucks... everyone wants to be normal again

it's flu season and i am paranoid i will get sick..

7 years taking xanax 4mg daily worried that i will not get to see 40

its the drug. i know.  i got to flush the fears in the toilet..

Floaters... I got them.... flush the fears and move on mikey.....You already have yourself getting sick with the flu....Stop it or you will go bananas

Gman is right Mikey I get those also and other assorted weird things. It's like the bad acid trip that never ends :o And I have never even DONE acid. ??? Don't get so caught up in your symptoms if you can. Just kind of ride em out or what helps me is that I pound the crap outta something like a mattress or soft chair. I am actually thinking about getting a heavy bag lately. Just to get it out. Fear is the worst enemy in this. Stay away from negative people or other sites if they are fear mongering and just stay with us on here. This is the best one to me. Very uplifting and positive.

You will WIN,

Rev

being even a little sick makes it a 1000 times worse!

Sorry Mikey.

Let the fear float away.  I see spots too, but just go with it.

that's kind what I do this whole taper...just go with it.  Try it :) 

love,

Traycee

being even a little sick makes it a 1000 times worse!

Sorry Mikey.

Let the fear float away.  I see spots too, but just go with it.

that's kind what I do this whole taper...just go with it.  Try it :)  

love,

Traycee

Just want to Ask A Question When You Walk Outside Do Feel Like Falling Sometimes...

Just wanted To Know.. Any Benzo Buddies...