Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How long does Benzo Belly last??

[Je...]

[92...]

i was going to buy the cocokefir but the shipping was $22.50! Way too much :(

RG

It's shipped in dry ice in a foam cooler, it's not cheap to ship, not their fault.  I got almost a $2 discount from stated shipping cost.  I have sold online, can tell you shipping is NOT cheap, and it's not the retailers doing it, it's the postal service and other companies

In My opinion cold turkey is NOT good . Do some research on the net and on the forum. Benzos affect the neuro receptors that line the digestive tract. The stomach is considered the second brain look it up on the web.

I had serious GI problems from the K and it slowly got better once I was off and it was out of My system. In my case it did not get better until a few weeks off the K.  Im a strong believing in Probiotics look that up also on the net, they play an important part in digestive tract .

Reseachers are looking into the possiblity of treating mental conditions with probiotics at some time in the future. They claim that they do affect our neurochemistry in a very positive way  both in the GI tract and brain. Im just the messenger however it worked for Me.

I had IBS even before I took the rate poison K however the K made it much worse yet it got better when I was off for a good 4 weeks. Its Your decision do the homework and read up it cant hurt. Also AVOID stimulants they will make the old benzo symptoms much worse , I never do consume caffeine of any type . Its in many drinks and also in chocolate. Caffeine will make the GI tract dance the gig believe Me.  Meditation also worked for Me I strongly recomened it for all benzo symptoms. If I can prevent just one persons suffering even in a small way then My post was not in vain.  Good Luck.

PattyLu,

I received my cocokefir today  :thumbsup:  I took just 1/4tsp.  How long did your hubby and others take that amount, what was the schedule for increasing it?  did they experience bloating, gas etc while starting it?  Anything to help me do this right is appreciated.

Thanks, MG :smitten:

Hi MG....

Being my husband was so reactive to everything, we began with a 1/4 tsp every other day for a few days, then went to 1/4 tsp everyday for a few days, then increased up slowly to 1/2 tsp.  In then beginning there was a bit of gas, the bloating was already there from the benzo belly very severe...  All the other began with the same dose, and all eventually over a couple of months got to 2 tlbs daily.  Some split into two doses, others took it in one dose when they got there.  All of us, including me are all still taking it with no problems.  Everyone's GI issues with b/belly went away, no bloating, no gas, no cramping, no diarrhea, no constipation.... Everyone is fine.  It is a great product.

i was going to buy the cocokefir but the shipping was $22.50! Way too much :(

RG

Hi RG,

Yes, the shipping cost is really high.  Did you check the website under "products" to see if there is a retail store in your area that is now selling it, as so many, many are compared to when I found them; truly it has exploded nationwide across the states in retail locations that carry it.  If no one in your area is on a list...  There is something on there website to "print out for retailers" that you can bring to a health food store or a good organic store for them to read.  One of the ladies in West Virginia did just that and an organic store decided to call cocokefir and get on board to have it in their store.  This way, you element the shipping costs.  Another lady I supported, she resides near Boston, MA.... she buys it and it's only $1.50 per bottle more then what she would have paid for it, without the shipping costs.  So, if no one in your area is listed, print off the information available to bring to a health food store or organic store and talk with them about it...

I have to chime in here. Cocokeifer is simply a probiotic in coconut water with Stevia. Go to Whole Foods and buy a good quality probiotic. Drink REAL coconut water (like Harmless Harvest brand) and skip the Stevia (it's not good for you.) Please think twice about paying that kind of shipping when you can buy the same ingredients locally.

[92...]

I have to chime in here. Cocokeifer is simply a probiotic in coconut water with Stevia. Go to Whole Foods and buy a good quality probiotic. Drink REAL coconut water (like Harmless Harvest brand) and skip the Stevia (it's not good for you.) Please think twice about paying that kind of shipping when you can buy the same ingredients locally.

Cocokefir is not fermented, so it's not high in histamines.  Also, the plain Cocokefir has no stevia in it.

The ingredient list clearly says Stevia. In any case, I'm not saying don't buy it. I think everyone has to make the choice that's right for them. But, to avoid paying an exorbitant amount of shipping, you can take a good quality probiotic and drink young, unheated coconut water. They do not have to be mixed and certainly don't have to be sweetened. Most, if not all, shelf stable coconut water has been pasteurized, heated to such high temperature that it's just "dead" sugar water. The only reason some coconut water is fermented is to reduce/obliterate the sugar content (coconut is naturally high glucose) and is done by adding active cultures (probiotics). You can simply take the two products separately. Furthermore, Cocokeifer IS fermented. Says so right on their home page. 

[92...]

The ingredient list clearly says Stevia. In any case, I'm not saying don't buy it. I think everyone has to make the choice that's right for them. But, to avoid paying an exorbitant amount of shipping, you can take a good quality probiotic and drink young, unheated coconut water. They do not have to be mixed and certainly don't have to be sweetened. Most, if not all, shelf stable coconut water has been pasteurized, heated to such high temperature that it's just "dead" sugar water. The only reason some coconut water is fermented is to reduce/obliterate the sugar content (coconut is naturally high glucose) and is done by adding active cultures (probiotics). You can simply take the two products separately. Furthermore, Cocokeifer IS fermented. Says so right on their home page.

They have different products.  Anyway, PattyLu was the one who told me about it healing her husband and 5 other ppl.  I took other probiotics and they ramped me up.  I'm taking this regardless.  I'm going to check the site myself.

[92...]

Stevia is NOT harmful, it's actually a beneficial herb, that I do know about, I've been an herbal healer for 25 yrs.

It helps control blood sugar, cholesterol & blood pressure, which is something I've needed throughout this process myself.  Try not to be so  abrasive.

Clearly stating facts is not being abrasive. And you're right: Stevia plant in it's unaltered state is safe. But, to create the mass produced Stevia "sweetener" that you see on your store's shelves, it had to be processed using chemicals, some of which are known carcinogens. (Ethanol created from genetically modified corn being a big one.) In fact, it's gone through so many steps to process the extract from the leaf that the final product barely resembles real Stevia at all.

It's wonderful that you are an herbalist. I am, too. I have a Master's of Science degree in it. So, as one herbalist to another, please don't take offense. I'm sincerely just presenting you (and others who might not have the money to spend on expensive shipping/product costs) more options.

Clearly stating facts is not being abrasive. And you're right: Stevia plant in it's unaltered state is safe. But, to create the mass produced Stevia "sweetener" that you see on your store's shelves, it had to be processed using chemicals, some of which are known carcinogens. (Ethanol created from genetically modified corn being a big one.) In fact, it's gone through so many steps to process the extract from the leaf that the final product barely resembles real Stevia at all.

It's wonderful that you are an herbalist. I am, too. I have a Master's of Science degree in it. So, as one herbalist to another, please don't take offense. I'm sincerely just presenting you (and others who might not have the money to spend on expensive shipping/product costs) more options.

Hi BH :thumbsup: thanks for letting people know I was looking in to COCO Kefir but can't purchase it in UK anyway( I make milk and water kefir and kombucha but haven't for a while due to not being up to it) and found this warning from the FDA to the makers of COCO KEFIR , apparently its a scam ...  FDA Warning letter COCO KEFIR http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementAction/WarningLetters/ucm281492.htm.

And it is fermented as well it say's so on their website ...CocoKefir Young Coconut Kefir

Powerful, live fermented foods and supplements for people who want to support healthy G.I. function.

http://cocokefir.com/

I have tried many probiotics, but the best one is Elixa I only found out about it two months ago and feel much better when I take it overall and you don't have to take it everyday, but I'm taking it slightly more often than the makers recommendation as it works for me, below is a table of different probiotics strains and contents Elixa were totally transparent with their ingredients other manufacturers on this list refused to give the full picture of whats actually in their products.

http://freetheanimal.com/images/2015/04/500/Screen-Shot-2015-04-19-at-7.30.48-AM.png

I would like to write more but in too much pain right now :sick:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[92...]
Interesting, page not found on the government's supposed warning of Cocokefir, and like I trust or believe them anyway.

[92...]

Interesting, page not found on the government's supposed warning of Cocokefir, and like I trust or believe them anyway.

Well, well, this is all pretty ambiguous http://www.fda.gov/iceci/enforcementactions/warningletters/2012/ucm328144.htm

In my years of experience with herbs, I know how much it kills the FDA that they can't regulate supplements & herbs.  Thank the Good Lord above that he gave us natural supplements to heal our bodies so we don't have to take their poison pills.  They can't patent what they don't create, it drives them nuts.  This is even more proof for me it's good stuff, along with 6 ppl on this wall being healed by CocoKefir.  So, I'll gladly take it, and be healed.

MG