Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Exercise support group

[dr...]

Worked out this morning like I always do and got a serious cortisol surge and stayed revved for most of the afternoon, I just said screw it and went for a 30 minute walk and feel fine.. This w/d makes no sense at all.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [dr...]

• [MT...]

• [Al...]

• [kr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

CrazyPants-You did GREAT today and you should be proud of yourself. Tomorrow is another day and you do what your body allows you to do. Listen to your body....

Jenny21-FABULOUS attitude to have. My type of woman:)

Crazypants glad you are working on your abs it's almost summer:) I'm going to sleep now. I have to be on the elliptical at 8:30 AM..Sweet dreams.

Drew, when you walk are you at least able to do a quick pace?

Sometimes...I usually walk when I'm wavy so I take it easy.  When okay I do a 3.5 mile hike that goes up about 400ft which is more of a workout. Gym days I do elliptical or some jogging. I keep my hr under 150 as too high I rev my symptoms as of now.

I finally had a good night's sleep and a great surf with a cutie surfer girl I know. :smitten: Such a good day. Getting back on track.

Thats awesome you get to surf! I would love that, i love the beach and the ocean, unfortunately in my state right now id probably hallucinate that the ocean was trying to eat me and drown. Where do you live?

I live in the Santa Cruz Mtns. It's so crazy how this affects all of differently. I feel better in the ocean than anywhere else because I'm not thinking about WD. I highly recommend any activity that you can handle that gets you in the present. The weights will pay off when you get better CP. You'll be healthy AND ripped! Haha.

Great news, Wonder! I'm so glad it's a better day and that you had a good time surfing. I too find that I often feel the most normal when I'm exercising--especially hiking/walking. Some days I don't feel well enough to do it but it's always nice when I can.

I was able to hike for an hour and twenty minutes for the first time in a week. It helped that I had a longer night's sleep. I feel almost OK today--like a mini window. I haven't had one in a long time so I'm so super duper thankful.

Really sore today, but not at all like normal exercise sore, feels like my muscles are being crushed and squeezed with intermittent pulsating spasm like pain....not fun

Really sore today, but not at all like normal exercise sore, feels like my muscles are being crushed and squeezed with intermittent pulsating spasm like pain....not fun

Ouch! I've been there. I hope it passes soon and you're able to rest tonight.

Good luck taking your freak out tomorrow Vasilisa. ;D

Hi everyone  :thumbsup: Did an hour and a half walk yesterday and today, but an also a bit  more active doing all I can indoors as well, I was really anxious and paranoid with heart ''symptoms'' when I went out and they were getting worse as I went along but stuck it out as long as it was comfortable enough to push on.  :)

If all is  well tomorrow I'm going Foraging over the woods I love it, all that wonderful Organic food for free along with the wildlife, fresh air and surrounded by nature. Mind  you, being in the middle of the woods alone early in the morning is a bit freaky when your seeing things and your thinking starts to run away from your control :D :D :D

And my Blood pressure today is even better again although I feel  unreal, tired ,jittery weird and the rest of the crapola, today its a mega amazing 118 over 75 pulse 68 which is superb, shame I can't say that about  some other things  ::).

But it just proves a big point that with all the ''heart'' symptoms I have and the gasping for breath , what feels to all intents and purposes as a ''concern'' is nothing to be concerned about at all, and just try and remember and affirm  its all ''repair symptoms'' caused by withdrawal and healing taking place. ;)

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[9f...]
Hi Everyone!  ;D Im a hiker, and Im tapering Valium. Ive kept with my regular schedule of hiking 20-25 miles per week during my whole taper. Movement makes me happy and keeps my mind in check.  :thumbsup:

Hey Ingrid. Welcome! So great you have been able to stay active through the taper. I think it will be of great benefit to your healing.  :thumbsup:

Ingrid-Welcome you are in the right group. I have been exercising for 2 1-2 hours a day during my recovery and I feel great. Exercise has saved me. Just finished 65 minutes on the elliptical now on the treadmill:)

CrazyPants-gorgeous day today right? I just found another great article about exercise and the brain. Keep exercising!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/magazine/how-exercise-could-lead-to-a-better-brain.html?_r=

CP - I've struggled with the muscle pain and fatigue a lot too. Especially my shoulders and chest area. It's like I'm being squeezed towards my heart. My theory is we're chronically tensed up at night while we sleep, cause I feel it the most in the AM. The good news is it's completely gone during windows. I hope it's the same for you. Just a thought.

CrazyPants-My friend is a neurologist and he highly recommends working out and lifting weights every day. Neurologist know more about the brain than most Pdoc's (however my Pdoc told me to work out every day to expedite healing).

Please see this article and keep working out!! I just finished a 3 hours work out and I feel FRANTASTIC:)

http://www.thebestbrainpossible.com/how-exercise-helps-your-brain/

Always Frantastic, Thank you for sharing these articles!!!, I did 37 min of exercise this Sunday! despite the fact I got a bit of headache, the feeling is wonderful!

Clona  :)

Good Sunday all...I woke up and jumped out of bed to hike three miles.  The first half is all uphill to the top of a small mountain/large hill.  Had no panic as I repeatedly self talked to myself positive mantras to crowd out any anxious thoughts.  Basically I have to overcome the "conditioned anxiety response" which is separate from the benzo chemical anxiety. 

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Drew28 GREAT JOB! I'm proud of you.

Clona21-GOOD JOB working out!! Keep working out if you can because your BDNF, Gaba receptors and your brain will thank you.

Fran

Drew it's great to hear you have some success with the CBT. I think I failed a bit last week with that. Doing better now though.

Wonder-it's a process.  I had a major fail yesterday. My gf pointed out a raised skin thingy on my arm and I went to dr Google.  I immediately had healthy anxiety that I had melanoma! :idiot:  I then used my cbt worksheet to bring my crazy brain back to rational brain. Two steps forward and a few back just like the rest of this process.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ch...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [...]
    • [Su...]
    • [...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Do...]
    • [La...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]
    • [ma...]