3 days COLD TURKEY

[an...]

[40...]

anna-

I know you are feeling bad. So sorry honey. Please keep hydrated with water, warm ginger ale(will help settle your stomach), try to eat some pretzels or crackers, even peanut butter on bread for some protein. If food isn't working for you right now, have someone get you Ensure drinks(grocery store will carry them). They are full of minerals and vitamins, the vanilla is pretty good over ice, there are other flavors available also.

Sending you as many good thoughts as I can.

Just Breathe

HI anna,

Based on our conversation in the chat room, I realize this is your only option.....hang in there....I am glad you have your family to help you through this tough time....if you feel up to logging on, you know we will be here for you to try to help.....

TC

Ugh...still sick..cant eat or drink..dizzy,heart pounding,muscles aching...mouth is soooo sry. I called my GP to see if he would at least give me a suppsitory for the nausea and he said no to that! He is the one who got me into this mess..you think he'd want to help...

So... this is really your only option?

Dear... I know you 're in pain but try not to be scared. Try to do this mental exercise I do when symptoms get bad - keep your mind away, think of yourself as someone else, think "this is my body crying for xanax. Nothing more. I'm not listening to it".

It will pass eventually.

You might be one of the lucky ones and start to get better immediately. Keep this positive thought in mind. And if this is not the case these symptoms are just temporary. You will get out of this stronger than ever.

Avoid sugar and caffeine. DRINK WATER. Even a little bit. Force yourself to drink some. Keep your mind occupied with movies (comedies), have your people entertain you in any way they can find.

Thinking of you, keep writing to us  :hug:

Hey all...Day 9 now and I think Im doing better..not puking anymore,eating a lil and drinking gatorade.Insomnia is a problem,but I always had trouble sleeping,even before the benzos. I keep reading all these postings about ppl going into acute withdrawl and is is scaring me a little.i hope there is no way that I go back to being as sick as I was on wed or thurs:( I really hope the worst is over...

Anna,

Being that you are nine days out the very worst....illness wise may be over.  You are going to have to deal with laundry list of symptoms for a while probably.  I am so glad to hear your spirits are up.  Remember healing is linear, you will get better!

Thanks for posting, I have been thinking about you.

I hope so...I am feeling a lil stronger every day. I have an appointment at the hair salon on Wed,so that will be my 1st time out of the house.I am a lil apprehensive,but excited too..I was just wondering..am I out of the woods for seziure risk? What are the chances the nausea will come back now that it is gone? I am over-analyzing this,I know..but I want so badly to be 100% again..I miss my life:)

You know all of the answers I give you are based upon what I have seen.

I am not a doctor but my feeling is yes you are out of the woods for the risk of a seizure being 9 days out.  Could it still happen, yes.  the klonopin is still percolating out of your system.  As for the nausea, it's one of those symptoms that I feel may come and go.  We have GABA receptors in our gut.  While trying to get your life back, make healthy choices.  Drink lots of water, stay away from refined sugar and caffeine. 

Enjoy getting your hair done.  I am tapering slowly and sometimes when I go...i can't even chat with my stylist because I feel so whack out..lol!

Do whatever you can to lead a normal life and the quicker i feel you will be back to normal. 

Just wanted to let you all know that I got up off the couch,took a bath..washed and straightened my hair and walked to my parents house,where I hung out for a few hrs,then I went on a CARRIDE with my dad and it was great..almost felt normal...one question,though...After I walked to my parents'(only a block away,but up a BIG hill),my muscles started tensing up and twitching pretty bad. I did some deep breathing and it slooowly went away.Anyone else get this? Is it cause my muscles are waking up and cause this was the 1st time I left the house in 11 days? Just curious...

I think what you felt is totally normal.

Don't even thing about it... it's a symptom. You're going to have symptoms until your body is fully healed, and this could take a long time to happen. I hope you have windows wide open that will show you that healing is on the way!

Important thing is... YOU GO GIRL!!!  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: GREAT NEWS!!!

well I want to provide support. I wish my ER had put me inpatient after my third visit.  I waited much longer before going in myself.  I feel for you and I hope you will still believe in the sunshine.

Anna,

It is good to hear that you were able to go out for a ride....Traci gave you good advice about how symptoms may come and go for a while....alot of times they will disappear then reappear....people around here call them waves of symptoms...this may happen for a while...until they totally fade....

The twitching things is pretty normal...it is just a symptom..annoying I know....but in time...it should "fix" itself too....

Time is the true healer...you are very strong to make it this far...hang in there

TC

wow what a ruff ride you've had. i hope you're doing alright. i detoxed from xanax. was on up to 5mg a day at the end of 2 yrs.

only difference for me was i was given medication for seisures. i was in detox for alittle less than 2 weeks. the first 3 days were the hardest. i did start on an a/d after i detoxed but i started to feel better about 1 month after i detoxed.

about this same time period you are in now i had the really bad involuntary muscle spasms. it was worse after i first got up (my great 2 hrs of sleep if i was lucky)

i could barely brush my teeth my hand would shake so bad. then my legs started in. after a month it all went away for me.

i hope you have an easier recovery.  :)

On day 10 now.and yes,I do have lots of muscle spasams and twitches...it seems today that the sence of DR/DP is alot better..got like 6 1/2 hrs broken sleep...now Im about to go take a bath and go to get my hair done and see a counsler for the 1st time. Dont worry,tho...NO MORE BENZOs!!!

Hey All...Day 11..well I went out yesterday,but not to the pdoc..he called and rescheduled for march 4th..I did go shopping with my dad and hung out at my parents house for awhile. Had a bad panic attack while I was there though..I thought my fiance was mad at me(just paranoia from WD) and I started shaking and dry heaving...was able to get control of myself though,after a bit. Went home after that,made cupcakes and even had a lil fun with the fiance**winkwink** Slept for 4hrs or so..tried taking tylenol pm to sleep and woke up this morning very revved up..had taken it a few days ago,but only 25mgs..last night took 50...probably not gonna do that again...seems to have increased dizziness and nausea..anyway..could symptoms possibly rev up from menstrual cycle? Lil montly friend just got here:( And as for the pdoc next thurs,Should I get some Serequel? I took it a few years ago and it seemed to help? Is it in the benzo family? Will it help with restlessness,anxiety and insomnia? I know y'all are not doctors,but I was curious. Anyway..have to to make the bed and get ready to go out..Later BBs!! Let go and Let God:) It will pass!!

[40...]
anyway..could symptoms possibly rev up from menstrual cycle

Absolutely, positively...yes! Hormones can cause our bodies to do and feel many things regardless of benzo tapering or benzo w/d(called PMS)....is just a part of being a woman ;)

I can't answer questions on Seroquel or Tylenol PM....have never taken anything like that. You could do a forum search as there have been many threads and discussions.

Have a great day.

Just Breathe

Well,folks..here I am on day 12...I went out yesterday..to pick up dress from the seamstress and then to my parents again...had a panic attack in the car,but was able to get under control when I got home. Had Carnation Instant Breakfast,a cheeseburger Happy Meal and 1/2 a turkey sandwich with chips..sleep is still an issue,got 4 hrs,pls a couple of 10-20 min naps..woke up and 11 today and cleaned up,washed bedding,had another instant breakfast..worst sx now are "jelly legs" and anxiety..plus muscle soreness and weakness. For now just sitting here watching the snow and waitng for the laundry to get done.Hope all continues to go well...

PLease do not cold turkey. Please see a doctor and taper slowly. These drugs do not catch up to you right away-3 years ago someone told me to taper after my cold turkey-I did not -it caught up with me much later -withdrawal from cold turkey can be horrible-please consider not doing this I wish I had and for me it is too late.

Well,its day 13,and I only got 2hrs of sleep last night...fiance said it was "weird" that I wasnt sleeping and that really amped up my sx.Oh Well. I woke up panicky..got sick,but I think this was more in my mind...I think I was throwing up just so I could feel something for a moment besides anxiety...crazy I know.I am starting to calm down a lil,puking has subsided,anxiety is ebbing.Heart rate is slowing down...All good things. I really have nothing in my life to be anxious about..I dont have to work,have a loving fiance and supportive family..so I know its just the wd..the insomnia is taking its toll tho...oh well..this too shall pass....

I'm sorry about this wave of anxiety and insomnia you are facing know, but still think you are doing good considering the circumstances...

I think I was throwing up just so I could feel something for a moment besides anxiety...crazy I know.

Just tell me that you didn't cause this on purpose...

I hope you have a better sleep tonight... remember drinking a lot of water Anna. It will get better.

:smitten:

[f3...]

Well,its day 13,and I only got 2hrs of sleep last night...fiance said it was "weird" that I wasnt sleeping and that really amped up my sx.Oh Well. I woke up panicky..got sick,but I think this was more in my mind...I think I was throwing up just so I could feel something for a moment besides anxiety...crazy I know.I am starting to calm down a lil,puking has subsided,anxiety is ebbing.Heart rate is slowing down...All good things. I really have nothing in my life to be anxious about..I dont have to work,have a loving fiance and supportive family..so I know its just the wd..the insomnia is taking its toll tho...oh well..this too shall pass....

anna,

I don't know whether or not you got my pm on Friday or not.  Iwrote you seeing that you live in Scranton.  Well, I am in Wilkes Barre.  How is that for close?  {Hope you are well.

Karen :smitten:

Please do not cold turkey I did...the symptoms and withdrawal did not hit me until one month after my cold turkey please see your MD and gradually taper

Still sick at 3 years :'(

COCO