Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Benzo free since August 2011 - you can be free, too!

[ac...]

Thankfully, the hell of getting off those things is a distant memory now.  It's important not to truly forget, so you don't fall into the same trap again.

Getting free is possible.  Try to do things you enjoy and keep yourself busy - and taper gradually.  Liquid titration worked for me. 

Keep your heads up - you can do it - you will feel the sunshine again, the warm breeze, the smell of flowers etc. 

Rely on this great place for support!

• Like 1

Congratulations on being over 3 years benzo free achase4u and that's great new that you are now doing so well  :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your success story and I wish you continued healing.

Debbie

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Just a message to everyone who is struggling to hang in there. You can do it. I've had some health issues that required about 5-6 MRI's in the last year and let me tell you, they have to benzo me to get through them.  It's fine though.  Other than those instances, still benzo-free in 2023 since 2011.  No problem for me to have one for a scan and then get on with life.

You can do it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [[a...] said:

Just a message to everyone who is struggling to hang in there. You can do it. I've had some health issues that required about 5-6 MRI's in the last year and let me tell you, they have to benzo me to get through them.  It's fine though.  Other than those instances, still benzo-free in 2023 since 2011.  No problem for me to have one for a scan and then get on with life.

You can do it.

This is very good to hear. Congrats on your benzo freedom. One-off benzos for medical procedures should do you no harm from a physical standpoint now, altho many have a psychological aversion and fear and that alone can trigger previous w/d SXs.

• Like 1

On 16/10/2023 at 14:46, [[A...] said:

This is very good to hear. Congrats on your benzo freedom. One-off benzos for medical procedures should do you no harm from a physical standpoint now, altho many have a psychological aversion and fear and that alone can trigger previous w/d SXs.

I was most certainly terrified of taking them again just from the association of past experiences.  However, there wasn't anything to fear and they were helpful in my case.  Thanks much.