Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[9d...]

[b8...]
my husband is a huge snorer, and also, 2 cats and a lapdog in the bed, you can imagine how that goes...I moved into the dressing room off our bedroom. I have a twin bed in there, and a loud fan and wear ear plugs. I just had to do it, my sleep is the number one thing that keeps me from losing my mind. We have time together b4 bed, watching tv after I get out of the tub. He's allowed to visit me anytime in my "room", and I sometimes give him a surprise "visit" ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom,

Yay for you on driving today!!  I remember when I started to drive again. Feels good. On days when I feel loopy, I have my son or daughter drive me. Sorry to hear you are still not sleeping well.  :-\

ingrid,

I hear you on feeling good and then before you know a little loopy. I certainly can tell the V is building up. I hear the sedated feeling usually comes in the late afternoon or early evening. BUT what I was told and what actually happenes for each person is different as we all know. For me it has rung true thus far.

Have either of you had this metallic taste in your mouth with the more V you get on? 

I got to take a walk 3 times in the past 7 days. Makes me happy. Used to walk a lot with the kids, especially to the lake and walk the lake shore. Then the accident, then this the problems with A...Feels kinda good to be doing stuff like this again.

ingrid,

Nothing like a snorer to keep one awake. When my daughter moved out last year I took her room. He just got a cpap machine lately so good bye snoring!! I still sleep in my other room cause he works weird hours.  When we used to visit his family and stay at his parents house, I swear between him and his father, they were literally cutting down a forest with all the noise they made between the two if them.  :laugh:  His doctor asked him one time how his snoring was and if he did anything for it, I answered, "Yah, I put a pillow over the face but as you can see it didn't work."  :laugh:   

MOM what you describe as feeling good at night and then staying up till you can't sleep is Adrenal fatigue syndrome. read up on it. we will feel our best after 6:00pm and then if we stay up past 10ish our cortisol start to rise again and makes it hard to fall asleep.

I stick to the same bedtime every night so that this does not happen to me.

I always want to go out shopping at 7:00pm because I feel "normal" by then. That's why I go to Saturday night church service, I feel fine at that time....but mornings???? UGH no way

James Wilson wrote a book on Adrenal Fatigue. I bought it on amazon. that's why I had my saliva tested because I knew that my cortisol levels (which are supposed to be the highest in am) in the morning was off the charts so high

no, I did not Etown.... but I have had blood, urine and saliva tests done and all confirmed what I already knew from reading the book...that my adrenals are crapped out from the benzo abuse has done to me.

there are three at home tests you can do on yourself to check for adrenal fatigue. But the HALLMARK symptom is feeling "well" after 6:00pm....and I always do as well as having the other tests come back positive

Also Mom I can't think of anyone who gets through a taper without some other sleep aid.. Etown can you?

I know you aren't keen on adding drugs but some of the OTC like doxylamine succinate are pretty innocuous on the spectrum of drugs.

And you gotta get sleep to heal lady.

x

Ok. Cause I have noticed the more V I add the worse it has gotten. YUCK!

Couple more days and I believe I will start on #6 of 7.

Lynnie

I am totally focused on getting off A. V is so much nicer to me. It feels good to actually feel like my old self. I have my notebook, my planner, that keeps changing when I need to hold longer. I write down symptoms and know the days I am going to feel like blah, except now that I have more V in my my blah days are not as bad. Couple more weeks and I hope to be all over to V. :) not that is anything to be happy about, but so much better than A!

Lynnie

[9d...]

Lynnie, I had that a couple of days ago.

It is gone now. Lasted about 4 days for me. I read about it a lot too here.

I drink a lot of water to keep my mouth hydrated and then it seems less bad for some reason.

Is it worse after eating something particular ?

I got I mostly aft eating oranges. Not sure if that was a coincidence.

Seems to be staying with me unless I eat. I take a few sips of keifer to help me ignore it.

My oldest son went out with friends to eat tonight and is now trying his hardest not to puke. Poor kid. My daughter had a friend over last night and they went shopping and her friends car died as she was backing out of our drive, tow truck didn't get here till after 1am. If its not one thing its another..

[b8...]

Sleep aids are pretty much essential to healing Smiffy.....you're right!

etown

:smitten:

My pdoc gave me rx for 15mg remeron and I I will take a small piece of one pill and sleep like baby, but have not used it since starting on valium, sleeping well. I will use it as Im tapering down, should I need to. I have always needed a sleep aid on vacation, for some reason. I get real excited,revved up when travelling and cant seem to put the brakes on when it's time to sleep!

[b8...]

E, can you tell me if this metallic taste in my mouth in normal?

Lynnie

I had metallic taste in my mouth for a couple of days, but it went away, and I didn't think much of it. I do think people can have this tho and it will eventually go away. I wonder if a pharmacist could tell you more on this?

I get the metallic taste too, comes and goes and I was getting it on the K so I don't think its just V

I (God willing) will be completely c/o in 7 more days..... :yippee:

Then I hope I can seem like Ingrid and the rest of you. Feeling much better off of the Kpin.

Days like today and yesterday I just do not know what to do with myself all day. I feel like all I want to do is stare out a window and veg out.

useless pile of CRAP...But at least Jesus loves me and so does my family so I should feel blessed

Lynne, btw, Hi I'm Lainey the insaney...to bad we have to meet under these conditions but we all have one another to share with and that's wonderful

I get the metallic taste too, comes and goes and I was getting it on the K so I don't think its just V

Then I hope I can seem like Ingrid and the rest of you. Feeling much better off of the Kpin.

Days like today and yesterday I just do not know what to do with myself all day. I feel like all I want to do is stare out a window and veg out.

useless pile of CRAP...But at least Jesus loves me and so does my family so I should feel blessed

Lynne, btw, Hi I'm Lainey the insaney...to bad we have to meet under these conditions but we all have one another to share with and that's wonderful

Hi Lainey,

We all love u here, Lainey  and don't believe those benzo lies.

You are worth more than u realize and will beat this.

Hi Lainey,

7 days left, good for you!  Meo is right, you are not useless. Don't believe it!  We have hit a bump in the road and now need repair.

During my cross over, I have had days where I sit and just do small things, so sitting is ok.

BTW..Good to meet you too. I used to be Looney Lynnie :crazy:  But now that the V is kicking in I am much more just Lynnie  :laugh:

Yah, that metallic taste is just wonderful..ugh  No biggie though.

Glad to meet you and keeping up with what is going on.  :)

Lynnie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [no...]
    • [Es...]
    • [re...]
    • [He...]
    • [Di...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [Th...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]