Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

A year ago when i first start i took it prn then i went to 0.5 mg in the am only lasted all day and night not sure exactly how long that was ago. Then in May when i lost my job i went to taking it 0.25 mg in the am and then 0.25 mg in the afternoon and that worked great for awhile and then i believe about 1 month ago I went to taking it 0.5 mg in the am and that was not working so well that is when Dr wanted to take celexa I said no so she said take another 1/2 at noon and that is what i have been doing. But i only have a calm for like 4-5 hours a day after the first dose of 0.5mg. I wanted to wait it out and see if going back to work helps since i was not this way when i was not sitting around the house all day worrying about xanax and what pills i need to take. I just thought maybe I could get back to work in March and then feel better and try to taper it then that was my plan anyway but i have to get a stable dose first. This 0.5 mg in the am and then 0.25 mg in the afternoon not working. Someone said to dose like 4-5 times a day at the .75 break it up but i am not sure how to make even doses i mean i can cut up the 0.5 into 4 but what do i do with the 0.25? I only have 0.5mg pills soooo if i could figure that out maybe that would help. Just want to get back to work and pray to god that helps. Just so scared of taking more xanax or anything else i dont want more problems and i am scared of taking more but i might have to. thank you all ???

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the posts in our group here? Yesterday we had over 200, now it's down to 115 or something. ..or maybe i'm having extra cognitive difficulties...

I am sleeping less and less...getting paranoid about bedtime. Ready to discuss taper, but not feeling so stable even though I had two good days this past week....still, the least upset throws my system into irregular HB, and elevated BP although not always so high.  :-\

VC

Hi V,

I know you  are getting anxious to start your taper; however, I really think you need to get your thyroid managed before you start a taper. Your thyroid could be what is making your anxiety, insomnia, emotions, and HR act up.  If it is your thyroid and you try to start a taper...You could be in a whole world of hurt. 

Now this is just my opinion! I just want you to start a taper in a really good place...so, you can have the best result possible.

I hope you have had a good day :angel:

FluterByee :smitten:

Thanks, FB. Appreciate it. The doctor added a teensy bit of thyroid meds to the mix, but he wants me to find another doctor ... and knew nothing about interdose w/d. Busy looking for new doctor...sigh. My adrenals could be wrecked from adrenal burnout alone, causing all this dysregulation, but I'm sure xanax hasn't helped. It's costing so much to get all this stuff checked out...i'm tired of it all.  I wish someone could help more with sleep...I need to sleep.... thanks for your kind and thoughtful response.  Thought about you today! :smitten:

A year ago when i first start i took it prn then i went to 0.5 mg in the am only lasted all day and night not sure exactly how long that was ago. Then in May when i lost my job i went to taking it 0.25 mg in the am and then 0.25 mg in the afternoon and that worked great for awhile and then i believe about 1 month ago I went to taking it 0.5 mg in the am and that was not working so well that is when Dr wanted to take celexa I said no so she said take another 1/2 at noon and that is what i have been doing. But i only have a calm for like 4-5 hours a day after the first dose of 0.5mg. I wanted to wait it out and see if going back to work helps since i was not this way when i was not sitting around the house all day worrying about xanax and what pills i need to take. I just thought maybe I could get back to work in March and then feel better and try to taper it then that was my plan anyway but i have to get a stable dose first. This 0.5 mg in the am and then 0.25 mg in the afternoon not working. Someone said to dose like 4-5 times a day at the .75 break it up but i am not sure how to make even doses i mean i can cut up the 0.5 into 4 but what do i do with the 0.25? I only have 0.5mg pills soooo if i could figure that out maybe that would help. Just want to get back to work and pray to god that helps. Just so scared of taking more xanax or anything else i dont want more problems and i am scared of taking more but i might have to. thank you all ???

Marley,

I hear the frustration in your post, and I completely understand.

Let me share a bit of my history.  I have been on a Benzo for 13 yrs.  When I first started taking it...it was once daily, but over time we build up a tolerance to the drug.  What once worked no longer does and therefore, we need to increase the amount that we take to get the same affect.

Before I was put on a Benzo the doctor tried me on every imaginable anti-depressant.  They did not work for me!  In fact, I had major side effects.  Now, that does not mean they wouldn't work for you. We are not cookie cutter individuals, and the Celexa might work/help you.  If you decide to give it a try...you should be able to tell with in 5 to 7 days if you can tolerate the drug.  If you can't...than you stop taking it and let your Doc know it is not working.

I started feeling BAD three years ago.  I was having all kinds of SX's...consisting of muscle twitching/burning/extreme weakness in arms & legs, brain burn, insomnia...much more, I'm sure you get the idea.  I couldn't imagine what was wrong with me.  On many sleepless nights I got on the computer and started doing my research. I had a feeling that all my SX's were being caused by the Xanax.  I went to the doctor many times telling him everything...only to be told that Xanax would not cause any of the SX's that I was telling him about.  Finally, after month's of research and noticing that after I took my scheduled dose...my SX's would lessen or go away.  I knew than...that it was the Xanax, and I needed/wanted off!!!!!

It got to the point that my Xanax was only lasting between 2 to 4 hours.  I was miserable!!!!!!!  Than, I was blessed to find BB, and the support, help, and encouragement has been unbelievable.

Once I got established on BB I was ready to get off of this Devil Drug, and I started a dry cut taper.  After 14-days of trying to taper my SX's became harsh, and I re*instated my regular dose of Xanax which was 1.5mg total per day. 

This dose NO LONGER HELPED ME!  I had to find a dosage that allowed me to stabilize.  So, I went from 1.5mg per day up to 2.5mg per day.  This allowed me to get stable.  I stayed at 2.5mg for about 1 month dosing at 9a.m, 1p.m. 5p.m. and 10p.m.  I always took equal doses of .625mg using the 25mg pills.  The .625mg equals 2 1/2 (25mg pills).  Doing this allowed me to stabilize,  and than I felt well enough to start my liquid taper which as of today I have been doing for 17-days.  Do I feel great "HECK NO"...Do I feel better...I am happy to say "HECK YA"! :) 

I am extremely sensitive to medications, and with the help of the AWESOME friends I have made here I am doing a SUPER SLOW TAPER.  So far, So good!

Marley, on the day I started my taper "It scared the crap out of me" It caused a spike in my anxiety and I was scared to start the process...scared to give up a drug that has become my crutch my fix all for 13 yrs, but I knew I had to do it.  It's about getting your mind right, and that's not always an easy thing to do.  We are in an internal fight with ourselves.

I know this is VERY SCARY!  I GET IT!  YOU need to listen to those who have taken this journey ahead of us.  They have paved the way for us, and we can learn from what they have gone through.  The advice they are giving us is because they have the knowledge we lack.

MARLEY, YOU CAN DO THIS! It will take time, It will be scary, It will be frustrating, IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU EVER DO!  What do you have to lose...And, You have EVERYTHING to gain!

I wish you ALL THE BEST!

Hugs and Blessings  :hug::angel:

P.S.  I know this is a very long post, and I am sorry if it has overwhelmed you.  Over the last few days I have had a glimpse of what it is like to feel half way good, and I want that for everyone here.  KEEP THE FAITH  :angel:

Hi V,

Did the Doc give you any idea how long you may need to be on the new dose of your thyroid med's before you may notice any changes?

I pray :angel: this will help and that you notice a huge improvement.

Good luck looking for a new doctor!  I'm in S. Texas and there is a compounding pharmacist here that works with and counsels his patience with everything from Bio*identical HRT to thyroid and adrenal fatigue.  Do you have anything like that where your at?

I understand the expense that is involved with all of this. From the Doc's to the tests, to the vitamin supplements, to changing the way we eat.  It's exasperating to say the least.

Please let me know as soon as you notice a different with the thyroid medication.

Rest well tonight...Blessings :angel:

Your Friend,

Thank you Fluter Byee your words make me feel better. I just want to find the right dose to help me for now until I go back to work and I hope that will help me. The .75 just seems not to work or I need to figure out how to dose the .75 more times a day.thank you for sharing your story it helped a lot. I just want to get better as I sit her with constant chest discomfort  :-[

Question:  I'm holding for the next 7-days.  I don't feel bad; however, I feel wound/revved up...like I am full of major energy which HAS NOT been the norm for me in years.  It's almost irritating :D

Is this normal?

Thanks,

Question:  I'm holding for the next 7-days.  I don't feel bad; however, I feel wound/revved up...like I am full of major energy which HAS NOT been the norm for me in years.  It's almost irritating :D

Is this normal?

Thanks,

FB,

I'd go thru cycles. I'd move from feeling icky, to not so icky, to okay, to decent, to almost good, to good, to really good, to energized, to uuber productive, to really super uuber productive, to overly good/productive, to wired and revved, and then start to feel icky from being revved. I likened it to my body learning how to have balance, but maybe producing a bit too much serotonin sometimes (hence the moving into feeling "too good" to revved), and/or not producing quite enough other times :P

Anyways, it was normal for me :P So I'd say you're normal ;) (well, as normal as we get in withdrawal!!)

Mrs. :smitten:

Thank you Fluter Byee your words make me feel better. I just want to find the right dose to help me for now until I go back to work and I hope that will help me. The .75 just seems not to work or I need to figure out how to dose the .75 more times a day.thank you for sharing your story it helped a lot. I just want to get better as I sit her with constant chest discomfort  :-[

Marley,

I don't know what the worst time of the day is for you?  Maybe mornings since your saying that is when your taking your .05mg.

If your doctor told you that you could take an additional .25mg to see if that would help calm you down...than do that.  It would put you at a total of 1mg per day.  This is strictly my opinion.  NOT a medical opinion...just as an individual.

Perhaps you could try the 1mg in 4 equal doses.  You said your med's are only lasting about 4 to 5 hrs...right?

I take my med's every 4 hrs.  That is what I had to do in order to get stable.  Remember I take my med's at 9, 1, 5, and 10p.m.

So, maybe try taking .25mg four times a day 5 hrs apart and see how that helps.  If your still not getting the relief you need than try taking it 4 hrs apart.  It is trial and error.

I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE TO UP DOSE and I refused to go over the 2.5mg; however, I did get stable at 2.5mg which enabled me to start my taper.

You MUST be VERY REGIMENTED AND CONSISTANT with your dosing times. You can't and shouldn't take your med's here and there.  You have to develop a very strict routine!  In fact, my body can tell you what time it is from the way it feels.  I start getting SX's, and I know it's time for my next dose.  I'm a walking clock...lol  :idiot:

As I have been told so many times...when our bodies are having all these creepy feelings (tight chest) it's real, but it's the drug causing it.  I was a maniac...until I got stable.  I don't think I can say that enough...you have to get stable, and once you do...you can move forward with the taper of your choice.

Honestly Marley, this is the most I have talked about tapering to anyone because I didn't feel comfortable or feel like I had enough knowledge to share, but I completely understand the FEAR behind all of this, and I know how much it has helped me to have someone to talk to.  For me talking totally helped me calm down.

If you ever want to talk...Please know that you can PM me or post anytime.  That's why we are all hear.

I actually started doing this tapping routine when I get scared. Take your first three fingers (kinda like the boy scout salute) and start at the top of your head working your way to forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, throat, chest, heart, stomach...you can even carry it onto your arms and legs.  And, this is what I say while lightly tapping..."Although I may be scared, it is the drug...I am safe and one day soon I will be Benzo free.  I do this 3 times on each area while being very mindful of my breathing.  When I finish If I'm still feeling anxious or scared I do it again.  If you want...give it a try.

And remember...if you want to talk just PM me.  I will check back later.

Your chest may feel tight, it's just your anxiety and the drug...you will be fine...it will pass. :angel:

Sending you Warm Comforting Calming Hugs  :hug::therethere:

Mrs,

The thought crossed my mind that I was going into some sort of Manic mode, and I didn't say maniac mode....lol :crazy:

It's 11p.m. and I'm thinking ok nora do you want to clean house or run a marathon :idiot:

So, instead of doing either I'm posting novels to Marley...lol.  I think this is the most I have ever posted to anyone because I was unsure of myself and I wouldn't ever want to give wrong information.  So, I just told her my story as it has played out.

I love your definition as to how you felt...made me smile...I couldn't have said it better myself, and I love your word Ubber :thumbsup:

One of the things that has revved me up is I took an hour nap.  I knew I shouldn't have, but I got so sleepy I just had to lay down, and now I'm typing 90 to nothing.

Darn Benzo's...I curse them...Oh wait, they have cursed me :tickedoff:

Hugs,

FB :smitten:

Please help with sleep. I've gone days without more than 2-3 hours sleep, maybe 4...broken up by waking frequently. I'm completely undone. I can't do this.

thank you Fluterbyee I will begin trying that today every 5 hours. Thank you for sharing your story it gives me encouragement and right now that is what I need have a great day ;D

Please help with sleep. I've gone days without more than 2-3 hours sleep, maybe 4...broken up by waking frequently. I'm completely undone. I can't do this.

Still holding same dose schedule since 13th (2 wks?). Not sure why I can't have a conversation or type on the computer for long without BP going up w/adrenaline or cortisol surge, and yet at times it seems to be fine. Everything wears me out, and I am housebound for the most part. 

Just so undone from sleep deprivation that I can hear noise 5 miles away; makes my skin crawl. Nobody seems to ever have solutions for sleep. I spent the better part of last year suffering through this. I fall asleep but keep waking up, the today couldn't go back to sleep after 3:30 am. This is insane! I may have snoozed for 20 minutes around 4:30-5:00 but that's it.  I've tried Vit.C, eating a protein/fat snack at bedtime, and there's nothing left to

do. Doctors won't help. I don't know how much longer I can survive going without recuperative sleep at my age.

Still holding same dose schedule since 13th (2 wks?). Not sure why I can't have a conversation or type on the computer for long without BP going up w/adrenaline or cortisol surge, and yet at times it seems to be fine. Everything wears me out, and I am housebound for the most part. 

Just so undone from sleep deprivation that I can hear noise 5 miles away; makes my skin crawl. Nobody seems to ever have solutions for sleep. I spent the better part of last year suffering through this. I fall asleep but keep waking up, the today couldn't go back to sleep after 3:30 am. This is insane! I may have snoozed for 20 minutes around 4:30-5:00 but that's it.  I've tried Vit.C, eating a protein/fat snack at bedtime, and there's nothing left to

do. Doctors won't help. I don't know how much longer I can survive going without recuperative sleep at my age.

Good morning V,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering like this.  I so wish I had an answer for you...that would help.

I know when I first went into tolerance and inter-dose WD...I had SEVERE insomnia. It lasted a couple of months.  I thought I was losing my mind and that I was going to die from lack of sleep.  I was exhausted and would close my eyes because my body wanted to sleep, but my brain would not let me.  I walked the floors for hours, rocked in the rocker....long story short...I found BB and ended up having to up dose to get stable before I could start my Xanax taper.

Originally I was on 1.5mg total per day, and it took me upping to 2.5mg total per day.  Now that's me...you may not need to do this. 

Concerning this matter...I do not feel that I am qualified to help or give you my opinion.  Hopefully someone will reply to your dilemma...soon.  I can certainly hear and relate to the desperation in your voice.

You do know that thyroid can also cause insomnia...right?

I will check back later to check on you and see if someone else has given you a response.  Hang in there...your not alone!!!!

Warm Comforting Hugs :hug:

P.S.  Have you had any luck finding a new doc?

Good morning V,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are suffering like this.  I so wish I had an answer for you...that would help.

I know when I first went into tolerance and inter-dose WD...I had SEVERE insomnia. It lasted a couple of months.  I thought I was losing my mind and that I was going to die from lack of sleep.  I was exhausted and would close my eyes because my body wanted to sleep, but my brain would not let me.  I walked the floors for hours, rocked in the rocker....long story short...I found BB and ended up having to up dose to get stable before I could start my Xanax taper.

Originally I was on 1.5mg total per day, and it took me upping to 2.5mg total per day.  Now that's me...you may not need to do this. 

Concerning this matter...I do not feel that I am qualified to help or give you my opinion.  Hopefully someone will reply to your dilemma...soon.  I can certainly hear and relate to the desperation in your voice.

You do know that thyroid can also cause insomnia...right?

I will check back later to check on you and see if someone else has given you a response.  Hang in there...your not alone!!!!

Warm Comforting Hugs :hug:

P.S.  Have you had any luck finding a new doc?

Thanks, FB. Yep, being severely hypothyroid is causing a whole mess of problems it seems. Then again, I was reading this morning how high/low cortisol (adrenals) disrupts thyroid uptake. So what came first, the chicken or the egg?? Doc kept asking me if I'd been sick or had any infections recently (to cause the change in my labs) and I said no. Then he asked if I skipped my meds. Again I said, "NO. I don't have a thyroid - why would I do that?" (by then I'm punchy from lack of sleep). The stress from no sleep and benzos aggravates everything, I'm sure. Just hope I can sleep more than 3 hours tonight.

Haven't started new thyroid meds yet - the pharmacy had to order it! Appreciate finding your note here. Still looking for a new doctor. Not too many are passing my sniff test...the really good ones take 3 months to see, or else require cash up front. Something has to happen soon.  THanks for asking, hon. Hope your taper is going smoothly today.  Sure is quiet around here today. :hug:

Hi...I am new here and am so thankful I found this forum. A little about me...3 years Ago I was in a very stressful marriage and visited a counselor due to experiencing several panic attacks and ending up in the ER several times. He prescribed me chlorazepate..7.5mg 3x's per day. That was too much for me. I was always in a fog and was still experiencing anxiety and panic attacks. I wasn't on that dosage for very long. Maybe about a month. I then started cutting down my dosage and eventually got to the point where I only needed 1/4th of one 7.5 pill per week! Then it happened...more panic attacks. I had to go to a different physician due to my first one moving and she told me that chlorazepate was an "old, dirty" drug so she wanted to put me on Xanax. She started me on 1mg per day (4) .25 a day and I was still having breakthrough panic attacks. She then increased my dosage to 1.5mg per day with (2) .5 extended realease pills with (2) .25's in between. After 6 weeks on the extended release I started suffering from constant dizziness (spinning sensation in my head) and low blood pressure 89/58. She suggested I visiti my primary care physician so as you can see I'm getting the runaround about my symptoms. My primary care doc told me that perhaps the extended release was a bit too much for me so she switched me to (6)  .25's per day with a goal of cutting by .25 per every week or so. I am very sensitive to this medicine. The first week without the extended release was GREAT! The fog had lifted and dizziness was gone! So, last night I tried my first cut but I cut a .25 in half rather than totally not taking it. By this afternoon the dizziness has returned. Sigh.

I'm thinking too much of a taper.....any suggestions or words or encouragement? This is so so hard and I'm tired of not having my life back.

well sorry HIH, I dunno where everyone is... I was out in the field with dirty hands and my phone..

I dunno if you cutting .0125 mgs just once would cause a problem so quick, like in one day... maybe thats just mental..?

anyway, in a nutshell, you need to "stabilize" first before doing anything...

then, if you wanna taper by dry cutting, you can divide a .25 into 1/4ths,,, and leave out a little 1/4th at a time,,, thats .0625 mgs....thats what most here do when dry cutting....

stabilize at least 14 days before considering your next cut...

if you wanna dry cut, thats easy enough, if you cant handle it for some reason, you can study up on titrations... :thumbsup:

more people will be around surely,,,,read up, but DONT absorb the horror stories on here, everyones different, remember that,,,,,you might not have any problems at all tapering, for the most part, I havent...

Hi,

I guess I should address this questions to the experienced BB members

I would like to come up with titration schedule for xanax 0.5 mg. I am taking it at bedtime to help with insomnia.

Since I am also taking 15 mg of tranxene (clorazepate) for about 9 years and I was reinstated on clorazepate several times and had substantial wdw sxs, and I think I developed tolerance to 15 mg dose plus went through devastating stressful life events (it did not help me with my sleep and panic attacks/anxiety anymore) so my pdoc added xanax. The 0.5 mg dose of xanax did not completely solved the insomnia problem and I added ltheanine. It seems to help a little bit. When I realized after joining BB that xanax is the worst/most addictive and the most difficult benzo to get off I need start tapering no matter what. I need my life back and I am grateful that finally I will do it the right way with the support of BB members and using Ashton method.

I would like to start water tapering ASAP at the slowest rate possible (I will get the 100 ml cylinder, 10 ml and 1 ml syringes). Please let me know where I can buy them in US, NY. Pharmacy, online/ebay/amazon?

I initially want to try 0.5 ml reduction a day each day. Does it equal to 10% reduction in 2-4 weeks. I can't figure out the percentage. My mind is completely off. Am I confused about the reduction rate? I need your feed back on that - do you think it is slow enough or should I go even slower to minimize/prevent protracted sxs. I do realize with my past history of multiple reinstatements I am at higher risk to experience protracted withdrawal. Please let me know if daily 0.5 ml reduction rate is slow enough in my case.

I am planning to start on March 1.

I hope to succeed with xanax tapering, but I am determined to face any withdrawal symptoms.

After I am off xanax and stabilized, I will plan clorazepate tapering at slowest rate possible as well.

I would appreciate your responses very much.

PS. Please advise me if you think I should try to c/o to clorazepate first since it has the same long half-life as V. OR should I do them separately (xanax first and then clorazepate). I am still concerned if I'll completely come off xanax, my old dose of 15 mg of clorazepate would still be not enough to be able to stabilize (I would end up with unbearable insomnia: before xanax was added, I hardly had 1 hr of sleep a night and lost 13 lbs in 2 months. Still can not get any weight back (currently 102 lbs - skin and bones and no muscles left, look like anorexic). Very scared to lose more weight, I already feel extremely week. Never in my life looked like that, always was kind of curvy and constantly trying to maintain healthy wt with low fat diet because have family history of high cholesterol and cardio diseases. I also read on BB about people losing a lot wt during withdrawal.

Sorry for asking too many questions at once. Hope to get some answers and moral support.

Thanks a lot in advance to all responders. English is my second language plus my cognitive abilities are very diminished now. Hope I stated my questions clearly for everybody.

Where is everyone on this forum? I need help. Please, and thank you. So quiet and I really am suffering almost a week now with not enough sleep.

Jacky2007,

I'm heading into work shortly, but I am a Xanax water titrater as well, and here's the math:

0.5mg into 100mL water, w/ 0.5mL daily reduction:

0.5mL / 100mL = 0.0025mg & 0.5% daily reduction

0.5% x 7 days = 3.5% weekly reduction

3.5% x 4 weeks = 14% monthly reduction

I think getting off Xanax first is wise, since your other benzo has a longer half life. Keep in mind that the further you move down in reduction, the bigger % that 0.5mL reduction becomes, because your daily dose also reduces over time. So you may need to slow down a bit as you get lower, but you'll know that later on if you need to :) Also, treat your switching from dry to liquid as a "cut" and stabilize on it for 7-10 before reducing your dose -- I wouldn't advise beginning to drop the same day you switch to liquid, okay?

I'm leaving for work; you'll do great! :thumbsup:

Mrs. :smitten:

Where is everyone on this forum? I need help. Please, and thank you. So quiet and I really am suffering almost a week now with not enough sleep.

I'm so sorry that you've been suffering from insomnia.  I can relate.  I tried all sorts of supplements when I first jumped and my insomnia came back.  Nothing helped but melatonin and time away from the benzo.  Regular melatonin did not help me when I was taking Xanax, but it helped after Xanax was no longer in my system.  Another type of melatonin called Melatonex did help me when I was taking Xanax.

I also got my doctor to prescribe Vistaril.  I took this a few times but did not like it because just as I started to fall asleep, I'd get hit with a jolt of anxiety.

Perhaps start a topic on our Insomnia board and see what the wider membership have tried that helped?  I'm so sorry that things have been rough going for you.

Thanks, Juliea. I didn't sleep again last night after horrid anxiety and panic over family being out in snowstorm and unable to get home. Not sure all this is entirely benzo-related, but ongoing insomnia is debilitating and could  trigger A-fib. At least before I raised my xanax, I was sleeping some of the time. Not sure what happened.

How do I know when I"m stable enough to taper?  It might not get any better than this, and I've got a lot of nervous system dysregulation that could be due to more than one thing.

I've tried melatonin before with limited success (when off the xanax, or only taking 0.0625 at bedtime) but not getting much sleep since reinstating 0.5mg at bedtime. I think my anxiety and head buzzing is much worse, too. I've asked THREE doctors to help, plus two natural health practitioners, and nobody listens. The vistaril didn't do much for me either...sigh...at least I thnk it was vistaril (wasn't prescription, but some antihistamine...hydroxyzine pamoate)

Appreciate your response...

VCharis

Dear Mrsalw,

Thanks a lot for your explanation of math in step by step manner. Do you think 14% in the first 4 weeks is still too fast. May be I should start at 0.25 ml in the beginning. It's ok  with me  if it takes longer as long as I am not hit by horrible w/d sxs. I am barely functioning now and still under a lot of stress of possibility for my cancer to re-appear and mom's being diagnosed with cancer (still waiting for results of biopsy). Unfortunately I am not getting any moral support from my husband, I worked all my life making almost twice more than him and now when I am not working he blames me all the time for my illness, calls me crazy. I think he never loved me and now he hates me. All he wants me to do is to take more meds and enjoy his life ignoring what is going on with me.

It is amazing that your were able to work through entire taper. Did you have a lot of w/d sxs?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [do...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [En...]
    • [de...]
    • [Li...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [On...]
    • [An...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Li...]