Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

again, same here FluterButt... whats that they say? "GET OUTTA MY HEAD!" :tickedoff:

Benzy...What's the T....Maybe your waiting on me and nana...so, we can all jump together >: We just may catch ya  >:D

FluterButt :D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling a lot of anxiety again.  Maybe I need to take the fish oil again...I think I notice a difference.  I get really tired of feeling so below-par.  Can't imagine feeling great, ever.  I don't want to get used to this as what it's gonna be like for the rest of my life.  I feel really old. 

I'm going to go take a shower and walk the dogs.  I live in California where the weather is pretty much always beautiful, and I feel like a jerk for not taking advantage of it, the beautiful park down the street....who sits around watching tv and complains?  Sometimes me.  But not today.

MamaShoshanna, me, too. Hope the shower and walking the dogs helps a little. I've been in bed most of the day. Not able to deal with too much. Trying to keep the brakes on discouraging thoughts, looking too far ahead, running ahead with 'what if'...hope you feel better. Good for you, getting out to enjoy the weather today!  :thumbsup:

Feeling a lot of anxiety again.  Maybe I need to take the fish oil again...I think I notice a difference.  I get really tired of feeling so below-par.  Can't imagine feeling great, ever.  I don't want to get used to this as what it's gonna be like for the rest of my life.  I feel really old. 

I'm going to go take a shower and walk the dogs.  I live in California where the weather is pretty much always beautiful, and I feel like a jerk for not taking advantage of it, the beautiful park down the street....who sits around watching tv and complains?  Sometimes me.  But not today.

MamaS,

If were going to be honest WE ALL sit around watching tv and complaining.  Were human...going through hell.

I went outside today for about 4 hrs, and It helped me feel better!  I hope it did you too?

Hang in there!

Hugs,

FB

FB,

Congrats on your cuts! I'd hold for a few days if I were you. You are doing great. I just saw your PMs. I have been working so much that I haven't been on. Really symptomatic tonight. I'm going to go fix dinner but I will respond to you soon and also will post an update here.

Love to all,

Hopefulgirl  :smitten:

PS-I'm exhausted, riding the symptoms and feel pretty yuck, BUT the good news is I am working and being in the world again and only a few months back I could hardly walk! Healing is happening. I feel like I will never feel well sometimes but I don't really believe that! Can't wait until a good day means I feel well, not just less crappy but for today I'm happy that I keep feeling less and less crappy!  :laugh:

I feel old, too, Benzy.  :o

Hopefulgirl, wow - you're back working? Even though I know you're tired, it's very encouraging to read about the healing that's obviously happening. :smitten:

MamaShoshanna, did the fish oil help?  :smitten:

FB, glad you got outside today!  :)

Hope everyone's hanging in there...I'm dreading a doc appt. early in the morning and just hope I can sleep.

so... I kinda went on a booty call... first time in forever...

I figured I would have a anxiety attack or something, knowing me and my mental crap.

so I took a tiny dose...its enough to get me over the thought of having a problem..

(what a waste of time it was)

anyway, it was probably 17 hours since my last dose, and it'll be 7 hours or so before my next regular dose... so I dont guess that would hurt me any....

FB,

Congrats on your cuts! I'd hold for a few days if I were you. You are doing great. I just saw your PMs. I have been working so much that I haven't been on. Really symptomatic tonight. I'm going to go fix dinner but I will respond to you soon and also will post an update here.

Love to all,

Hopefulgirl  :smitten:

PS-I'm exhausted, riding the symptoms and feel pretty yuck, BUT the good news is I am working and being in the world again and only a few months back I could hardly walk! Healing is happening. I feel like I will never feel well sometimes but I don't really believe that! Can't wait until a good day means I feel well, not just less crappy but for today I'm happy that I keep feeling less and less crappy!  :laugh:

Hopeful,

Really happy to hear form you, and all that working has to be a good sign!  One foot in front of the other...right :)  Some day's it's easier than others.

Sorry your feeling crappy, but you go girl.  Even though your feeling yuck...your making dinner...

I had a glimpse of feeling good, and I don't want to go backwards ever again. Thank you for your words of encouragement! :smitten:

FB :angel:

Though I still have Waves when I am under additional stress, I recover much faster.

I hope everyone experiences a window today.  :)

Blue :smitten:

Though I still have Waves when I am under additional stress, I recover much faster.

I hope everyone experiences a window today.  :)

Blue :smitten:

Thank you Blue,

I hope your having a picture window  :thumbsup:

FB :smitten:

What happened to the posts in our group here? Yesterday we had over 200, now it's down to 115 or something. ..or maybe i'm having extra cognitive difficulties...

I am sleeping less and less...getting paranoid about bedtime. Ready to discuss taper, but not feeling so stable even though I had two good days this past week....still, the least upset throws my system into irregular HB, and elevated BP although not always so high.  :-\

VC

What happened to the posts in our group here? Yesterday we had over 200, now it's down to 115 or something. ..or maybe i'm having extra cognitive difficulties...

I am sleeping less and less...getting paranoid about bedtime. Ready to discuss taper, but not feeling so stable even though I had two good days this past week....still, the least upset throws my system into irregular HB, and elevated BP although not always so high.  :-\

VC

You know, I thought I noticed the same thing, LOL, but figured I was just mistaken :P  I'd imagine that perhaps they went through and cleaned out any posts that did not relate to benzo-withdrawal support somehow, in order to make it easier for new people to sift through and find pertinent information.  But this is merely a guess of mine, and not based on anything besides conjecture :)

You've been holding for over ten days at this dose and dosing schedule, correct?  Pretty soon would be a good time to discuss tapering plans, although you can hold for a while longer yet.  For me, my window of transitioning from holding to tolerance again is somewhere between 3-6 weeks.  I'd imagine most people would be similar to this timeframe as well, but everyone is different :)  Either way, I'd say you've got some time yet to decide and plan :)

So today I took my 0.5 mg xanax at 8 am have felt a little nervous once or twice but i dealt with it,but all day i have had weird feelings in my chest area not stabbing pain just a pain that is there heavy feeling. I have usually taken 0.25 by now during the day but i have not yet since i am sick of feeling like crap. Should I just take it and see if that is the issue? My Dr like i said before said to just take it prn now and assured me I would have no problems coming off of a small dose of .75? I know alot of you told me how to taper and i have been going round and round with it my Dr gave me 3 months just now sure what to do and what is causing my chest feeling, thanks for any thoughts ???

Marley, ya need to stop playing around with this, and get serious about what to do...if your Dr gave you 3 months... does that mean the Dr is going to stop prescribing the meds to you in 3 months???

if so, I would definitely start a stable daily dose, and quit messing around with it,,, stick with it... then start tapering as soon as I felt "OK"....

obviously you're not going to feel perfect, cause youre either in interdose, or tolerance, Im not sure which is the right term, but for whatever reason, your system isnt liking what youre doing with the meds...

so the safest thing I see to do it "stabilize" on whatever dose you choose to start from, and start tapering :thumbsup:

I think youre going to be sorry if you dont do something pretty quick.... :smitten:

ps. if you keep playing around with that last dose of .25 off and on, and feeling bad while doing it, sooner or later the "feeling bad" is gonna stick.... and you're gonna feel bad all the way through your taper... or theres a chance you will. You're going to make this worse than it has to be....

If your Dr think you'd have no problem coming off .75 for a year quickly, I think he/she's a fool...

ask him/her if they've ever stopped taking their benzos like that? :thumbsup:

I hear what you are saying Benzy and thanks,the Dr said i can take another 1/2 a pill if i want but she thinks the Celexa will take care of all my issues. I am assuming that the .75 at this point is not working i did take the other .25 and feel better now but I am sure i wont later. The Dr was not clear on when she wants me to stop just said that she would not take longer then 3 months to make up my mind about the celexa whatever that means. Guess I will have to figure it out thanks for the info :thumbsup:

oh ok gotcha...

well if you took the dose of .25 and you feel better, whats that say??

it only has a short shelf life of 6 hours, I think..

I really dont know what that means,,, my dose seems to last all day....

ps. did it always work this way for you, this whole year, or is this something new?

VC

Hi V,

I know you  are getting anxious to start your taper; however, I really think you need to get your thyroid managed before you start a taper.

Your thyroid could be what is making your anxiety, insomnia, emotions, and HR act up.  If it is your thyroid and you try to start a taper...You could be in a whole world of hurt. 

Now this is just my opinion! 

I just want you to start a taper in a really good place...so, you can have the best result possible.

I hope you have had a good day :angel:

FluterByee :smitten:

yes, thank you for thinking bout me!

Not sure how to do this. Question.i realize what dry cut is. How does one achieve it.I am taking 1 mg of Xanax split 4 times. .25 at 6am 12 noon 6pm and MN.on day six. What next. Also was taking 10 mg of ambien and have halfed it to .05. Am doing ok. Sleeping ok. What next? Get confused as to where to post.

Worst symptom right now is "benzo belly, agoraphobia, blurry watering eyes and occasional panic and circle worrying about just about everything. Trick my mind at night by thinking of something pleasant so I can go to sleep.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [do...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [En...]
    • [de...]
    • [Li...]
    • [le...]
    • [...]
    • [On...]
    • [An...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Li...]