Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you can never beat me - I c/t, reinstated after 3 months, and then rapid tapered for about 2 months (dry) when still recovering from the c/t, cut my night doses first (so am now on uneven dosing), dosed 6 times a day (thinking that I was having interdose withdrawal), tried all kinds of supplements......blah, blah. However, am getting smarter........so more pets for you.     

I give up on even thinking about being able to taper. I cannot even get to a point where I feel "normal" all day. I am hoping I can figure it out and start a taper when I go back to work in March,since I will be extremely busy all day and not have the time to worry about how I am feeling and if it is time to take another pill. Until then not sure I am trying to stick with 0.5 in the am and then .25 at noon but usually that does not work,also thinking about what others said and trying to figure out how to take even doses of .75 a day with 0.5 mg pills by cutting them tried to gut them yesterday the 1/2 did not work so well. thanks for your help all  :-\

I forgot I also felt sick to my stomach in the night and this am like i had the flu but it is not. Got up in the night to let the dog out and had to run back to bed with the feeling of passing out,not sure what is going on never have had a problem with xanax before. I take no other meds at this time and Dr just says to start taking it PRN.

sorry youre feeling bad Marley... I dunno what to say, maybe youre in tolerance...

give it some time... time will tell.....if you cant get a dose rate that makes you feel OK without updosing.... and you end up having to updose to a daily dose youve never taken before, then I guess that means you have reached tolerance...take more time, dont worry about what to do just now and see what happens....keep trying to find a tolerable dosing at your current daily dose, and/or maybe add just a little and spread it out during the day to see if you can stabilize better..

ps. some never feel 100% during this.....sometimes ya gotta suffer a little side effects.....it goes with the territory.....

if it does prove to be tolerance, youre gonna have to make a decision to find a "do-able dose" and start tapering, because at that point youll not feel better until you get off the drug...

some can reach tolerance at a low dose after a short period of time, believe it or not..

11 days since I started the Xanax dosing. Will cutting .125 mg (2.875 mg) be good to begin with? I stopped taking Remeron temporarily to regain my sanity. I have a doubt though, how do these psychs diagnose OCD and 'prescribe' powerful crap? They go by the textbooks and arrive at conclusions based on interviews. We all feel low at various times, doesn't mean the entire world is 'depressed'.

11 days since I started the Xanax dosing. Will cutting .125 mg (2.875 mg) be good to begin with? I stopped taking Remeron temporarily to regain my sanity. I have a doubt though, how do these psychs diagnose OCD and 'prescribe' powerful crap? They go by the textbooks and arrive at conclusions based on interviews. We all feel low at various times, doesn't mean the entire world is 'depressed'.

That should be a very easy cut to tolerate at the dosage you're at right now, ashh.  I cut .25mg when I was at your level, but I believe it would have been much easier on me if I'd done .125mg cuts from 3mg to 2mg.  Then at 2mg, I'd have started the .0625mg cut, instead of just above 1.5mg. You are right, Xanax is very powerful stuff.

Ashh,

No one here can accurately give you advice on how much to taper at any given time.  We are all so very different in our dependency issues.  Some are long term high dose users, some are short term low dose users, and everything in between.  It's best if you view your taper as a special customized event.  You will need to listen to your body every step of the way.

As you can see by my signature, I cut a hefty dose in the beginning, and it made me highly symptomatic.  I began to make .0625 cuts early in my taper and I did ok.  But as my taper progressed it became harder so I switched to .03125 cuts.  I cut and held every 10 - 20 days, (sometimes more), but it was still extremely difficult to do so, especially the last 3 months or so.  I had a really difficult taper, but I refused to stop or slow down.  Because I had already cut two years out of my life in order to get off the poison, I was able to push myself a bit.  I'm still glad I did it this way.

However, MANY here have had great success with .0625 cuts all the way down.  When I first started here over a year ago,  there were 3-4 buddies that not only began to heal in their taper, but also were able to gentle step off and resume their lives almost immediately.  Some of us are lucky, others not so much.  But either way we all heal.  Take your time.  Go slow and cut low.  Wait at least 10 days between cuts.  You can do this.  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

I take 2 Mg Xanax a day.  I take .5 Mg every six hours because I thought it would be better to spread the time out between doses.  Doesn't work real great.  Any better suggestions on taking the daily dosage then taper?  Thanks

So today i took 0.5 mg at 10 am and then i took .25 at 2 and now it is 600pm and getting nervous and edgy. Cant stand to hear anyone even talk to me at all. I have been taking xanax for a year and only 0.5 mg for a long time and then .75 for the past few weeks what the heck is wrong with me? I can not keep this up. Maybe I should take the celexa but kinda scares me with the xanax also. I had a plan with me Dr to stay on the xanax for 3 more months and if i could not get better and get my dosage down then I would go on the Celexa,but I am not sure if i can make it that long. I was hoping to get back to work in March and see how i felt but this is getting so it takes up my whole day and night and I am constantly thinking about how to get better and to make the anxiety stop any help? thanks

Marley. Sounds like you're tolerant of your dose or major interdose withdrawals..you could try splitting it up evenly into 4 equal doses throughout the day

I tried cutting it up into 4 equal doses and the only pills I have are 0.5 mg. So cutting the 0.5 in 4 parts no problem but the cutting the 1/2 into 4 parts not so easy. If I can figure that out at what times should I take it? My doses are all over the place got to find a good spot to be at thanks

The last few days have been good.

Feeling underlying anxiety tonight.  As you all know, there is no rhyme or reason for anxiety.  I feel like I'm trying to hold it back.

30 min till I can take my 10p.m. dose.  It seems my fingers don't want to type what my brain is telling them.  Just feeling a bit off tonight for about the last 3 hrs.

Let's hope it will pass and things will be fine later and tomorrow!

FB

Feeling underlying anxiety tonight.  As you all know, there is no rhyme or reason for anxiety.  I feel like I'm trying to hold it back.

30 min till I can take my 10p.m. dose.  It seems my fingers don't want to type what my brain is telling them.  Just feeling a bit off tonight for about the last 3 hrs.

FB

Peeking to say: you're going to be fine! ;) Love ya! :)

FB

Peeking to say: you're going to be fine! ;) Love ya! :)

Hi Sweets,

You little sneaky peeker  ::)  Your not supposed to be on...your out of town and should be raising the roof...but since your checking on us...How are YOU?  Has everything been good so far.

Miss you....Be safe traveling home. 

Love and Hugs  :hug::mybuddy::hug:

FluterByee :smitten:

exact same story here lol

I got the dang roses itch....

Roses? Or did you mean gardenia?

So, your feeling anxious tonight tooo?

FB

I slept terrible!  Very fitful sleep...woke off and on all night.  Clenched teeth (BAD).

Went to bed feeling anxious, and woke the same way. It's now 6:25a.m.

I can feel obsessive thoughts wanting to creep in, I'm nauseated, restless, my muscles are tense. There's more, but why make the long list.

I am now at a -10mL reduction.  Obviously, I am showing SX's this early on.

What I'm wondering...should I hold for a few days?  So, they don't get worse?

I got a glimpse of feeling fairly good for about 4 days, and I don't want to digress.

Advice Please :-[

Thank you,

I slept terrible!  Very fitful sleep...woke off and on all night.  Clenched teeth (BAD).

I can feel obsessive thoughts wanting to creep in, I'm nauseated, restless, my muscles are tense. There's more, but why make the long list.

I got a glimpse of feeling fairly good for about 4 days, and I don't want to digress.

Thank you,

Hi my friend  :hug:

So sorry you didn't sleep well...but hang on! - this will pass! (I'm sure Mrs. or others will advise you shortly,but seems you can certainly hold your tapering if you need/want to). You had a 4 good days-- which means you will have more! The brain is just adjusting/healing...make sure you're gently building your magnesium throughout the day. It helps me to distract by listening (with earphones) to some You-Tube relaxation videos for anxiety, sleep, etc., because the more I think on these sxs, the more magnified they get in my mind. Also trying to eat as well as possible even with no appetite (for brain nutrients) and Omega 3s. If my neck gets tight at night I rub in some magnesium oil,  or do an Epsom salt foot soak or bath...which is also calming...wish I could help more but I do know that this will pass....hang in there, hon. :hug:

Thank you,

Congratulations!

10mL reduction --10/400 = 0.025

0.025 x 2.5mg = 0.0625mg reduction!!

This is a wonderfully small reduction, but enough to make a well-deserved hold if you choose, I'd say! Standard holds are anywhere from 5 - 14 days, depending on how you feel. I wouldn't typically go any longer than this though, so that you don't enter into tolerance again ;)

Way to go, girl!! A much smoother way to drop 0.0625mg, eh?! Very exciting :)

Gotta jet for now...still traveling... ;)

Mrs. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ho...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]
    • [Li...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [PE...]
    • [En...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ta...]