Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Sorry I have been gone.  I did a stupid thing since I was last here.....on top of the withdrawals. 

I fell in love, got engaged, and got dumped.

Life happens.

RM

Withdrawal sometimes exaggerates our feelings. How are you doing?

Hugs :hug:

Blue :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to be a perfectionist and over think things sometimes. I also have times of obsessing on things and have a hard time letting them go. But I am getting better at it. I had no choice, It was change my way of thinking or die...no in between for me.

Blue :smitten:

I do not think I ever said I have clinical OCD. I am just a garden variety obsessive compulsive personality type...but not all the time. Like you, I have triggers.

no, you didnt say that,, you should sayd OCD stuff, so I thought you had the clinical type, if thats even the right word,, lots of people say theyre OCD I guess...

mines clinical I guess, though Ive never been officially tested...I can get stuck at the door, locking and unlocking it.....over an over and over, for 30 minutes at a time,, thats kinda insane...

anyway I was gonna ask you something about it in a PM cause its kinda personal, but I dont guess you might be able to compare if youre not like this...

On my way to bed and hope everyone is hanging in there tonight.

Question: I had a good day with no irregular heartbeats or BP spikes w/adrenaline surges. Finally! I was so thrilled. This is my 3rd day on a stable, routine dose. But someone questioned me as to why I'm not dividing my 3 doses up *evenly* through the day. I'm taking 0.125 at 10 am, 0.125 at 4pm, but 0.5 at bedtime (10 pm). I did run this by everyone, wondering about it myself. Thought the full pill at bedtime would help me sleep awhile before I start tapering. It's the PRNing that got me messed up. But maybe the doses need to be equal?

I'm back to being confused. Tonight, after having no surges or arrhythmias, they came back for 10 minutes after I took my 0.5mg for bed. That just doesnt' make sense.

Thanks for your input. Love you guys.  :smitten:

VCharis

I thought you were keeping the last dose larger for sleep?

if its working.... it doesnt matter really...though Id think you could keep them pretty equal..... except the last nightly dose, I see people do that....

I thought you were keeping the last dose larger for sleep?

if its working.... it doesnt matter really...though Id think you could keep them pretty equal..... except the last nightly dose, I see people do that....

Yeah, Benzy, that's what I was trying to do. Had a good day, then someone came along and questioned my rationale for the unequal doses. Eh. Im gonna keep doing it like I started...thanks.

On my way to bed and hope everyone is hanging in there tonight.

Question: I had a good day with no irregular heartbeats or BP spikes w/adrenaline surges. Finally! I was so thrilled. This is my 3rd day on a stable, routine dose. But someone questioned me as to why I'm not dividing my 3 doses up *evenly* through the day. I'm taking 0.125 at 10 am, 0.125 at 4pm, but 0.5 at bedtime (10 pm). I did run this by everyone, wondering about it myself. Thought the full pill at bedtime would help me sleep awhile before I start tapering. It's the PRNing that got me messed up. But maybe the doses need to be equal?

I'm back to being confused. Tonight, after having no surges or arrhythmias, they came back for 10 minutes after I took my 0.5mg for bed. That just doesnt' make sense.

Thanks for your input. Love you guys.  :smitten:

VCharis

This is all IMO... :thumbsup:

Don't worry about what other people think. Since insomnia has been a concern for you, this is the point of keeping a PM dose larger. It works for you, so work it ;)

And remember...you'll still have symptoms flare, even while stable. One of the things I had to let go of was associating all of my symptoms to the thing(s) I did surrounding its occurrence. Symptoms oftentimes just happen, untied to events.

Its good to note recurrent triggers, of course. For instance, for me, sugar is a MAJOR trigger. Natural or added, it makes no difference. I am very careful to eat no more than 5-7g of sugar in one sitting, and only 30-40g in one day (I track ALL of my food & supplements using the free app myfitnesspal). This reduces my adrenal surges, panic moments, & depression by about 80%. HUGE difference. The same thing happens (meaning, it triggers symptoms) when I consume a large meal (400+ calories), a carb-heavy meal, or if I eat a lot of fiber in the day (30g or more).

A few other common "triggers" for others (and me, but to a lesser degree than sugar) are as follows:

MSG (monosodium glutamate, or "natural flavors")

Refined carbohydrates

Artificial sweeteners/flavors/colors

Caffeine

Phenylalanine (common in chewing gums)

Lol, I coach weight management and nutrition, so I looooooove talking about this stuff...don't mind Mrs and her tangents... :P:-X

Hope you're sleeping good tonight, dear :) Hope to chat with ya tomorrow sometime!!

Mrs. :smitten:

wonder where everyone is? did they all graduate or somthin?

I'm here and yes I did graduate. Friday marks 90 days Xanax free, and I'm bragging!

Unfortunately, we don't get a diploma upon completion of this course, but it sure is nice not being a slave.

I'm happy to see new people here with a desire to taper and jump from this drug. You're in good hands!

I'll leave you with what I've said for the last three months... If I can do this, anyone can!

For those who were inquiring information about water titration:

In my blog, I have detailed out a lot of the 'whys' and 'whats' behind my own personal water taper.  The link to the exact post of this information is found here:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79163.msg1049215#msg1049215

I will be hopping online this evening for about 30 minutes, and will answer any questions you might have.  I just ask that you read through the above first, and then ask your questions through this afternoon and early evening, and I will get back to you then :)

Include your current dosing schedule as well, please -- times of day, doses at those times, etc.  Also include how long you've been holding this exact dosing schedule and amounts, as well as if you believe you've "stabilized".  "Stablilized" does not mean feeling good...it means feeling consistent.  This may be consistently yucky, but it is a consistent yucky.  And also if this a tolerable "baseline" of symptoms for you to work off of.

Hope that all makes sense!  My apologies for the explicit instructions - normally I am free & willing to respond as-needed :)  I am just needing to work around a few symptoms is all, so forgive me!

Looking forward to hearing your questions and getting back to you this evening :thumbsup:

Mrs. :smitten:

Thank you Mrs! I plan to read through this tomorrow very thoroughly. I have some big ideas in my big ol' potato head rolling around too that I will ask about once I have read your info and considered everything.

I don't know if I told you guys yet but my DH is ALSO on the same dose and will be tapering with me! Wheeee!?

I am currently coming off a mild opiate habit so have felt a pretty wonky, dizzy and super anxious but I know I should be feeling good and clear to start a taper in short order. But one of the effects is hardcore insomnia that even my Xanax won't cure - unless I take more but I'm not about to do THAT. I know I will feel better when I can log some more hours in the sack soon.

The Remeron fairly knocked me out at like 8 PM, I'm not even sure if I took my nightly Xanax dose. Anyway, I woke up now with no signs of any withdrawal symptom except a mild headache. Prolly the remeron, or the Toprol XL. I wish they told me about Remeron earlier, Xanax taper woulda been much easier.

G'mornin', everyone.

Wondering if I *do* decide to go with liquid tapering, how in the world do I get started when my 3 daily doses right now are different? Math is not my friend. Woke up 5:30 am with this stuck on my benzo brain.  :o

VCharis

G'mornin', everyone.

Wondering if I *do* decide to go with liquid tapering, how in the world do I get started when my 3 daily doses right now are different? Math is not my friend. Woke up 5:30 am with this stuck on my benzo brain.  :o

VCharis

It ain't that complicated; when you're close to ready, I can chat you through how to do so :thumbsup:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [je...]
    • [ca...]
    • [...]
    • [An...]
    • [Mr...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [El...]
    • [kn...]
    • [ma...]