Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Whew! 2nd anxiety attack tonight!!! you wouldnt think Im so positive if you just saw me in the hall trying to figure out which way to run!!! :sick:

I never ran, but instead got very still. I always kept my anxiety within myself. Because of that, nobody labeled me as having panic attacks. But now I realize I have been having them since I was a kid. I borrowed them from my Mom. And when she had them, it was pretty scary. I could always tell when one was coming on by the look in her green eyes. I would do everything in a little kid's power to help her feel better. I will never tell her she was the origin of my anxiety. It would hurt her too much. In many ways, she is more fragile than me. I somehow got the message that I had to protect her and I still feel that way. I think it was supposed to be the other way around. She was supposed to take care of and protect me.

Blue

Blue,

This post is profound for me.  One of my greatest fears is my anxiety disorder crossing over on to my daughters.

I like you, as a child experienced my mother being fearful of EVERYTHING.  She ALWAYS looked to me to feel safe.  I grew up thinking it was my job to be her protector, her companion, her friend, to the point of it being unhealthy.  I Love my mother; however, at this phase in my life I believe/I know I am having resentment towards her.

The sad thing is she groomed me just like her mother groomed her.  I think it is important to mention...my grandmother was on Ativan, my mother is on Xanax, and so am I.  I am doing everything to hopefully stop this cycle.

My daughter's have always been allowed to have a voice.  I have tried to never make them fearful.  Always tell them they can do anything they put their minds to.  I try very hard NOT to repeat what was done to me.

How's your tummy bug?  I hope your feeling better.  Have a great day!

Hugs :hug:

FluterByee :smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place? I went to the Dr and she is now putting me on a low dose beta blocker,until my thyroid results come back. She also told me that i DO NOT have to take any xanax if i do not need it,she said it will not hurt me to stop it since I am on such a small dose of 0.75 a day. I know nothing about beta blockers at all except they slow your pulse down. She also said that if thyroid is good then we will probably try Celexa. Any thoughts or anyone go through this situation? Thank you all have a great day :D PS She also told me not to look anything up on the computer lol

Marley,

It just baffles me how Doc's say with such ease (Oh, you can just stop taking the drug) with no worries.  WHATEVER!!!  Maybe you would be really lucky and it wouldn't bother you; however, I doubt that very seriously!!! 

That's just my opinion.

FB

Even a .125 mg cut in my usual 1.5 mg night dose's resulted in a headache and an even bigger craving. So far, I've resisted. Let's see if I can withstand the taper. It's almost as if my brain's got a mind of its own and is trying to tell me 'gimme my usual Xanax fix you ****tard, or else...' Planning to satisfy the Xanax cravings arising from the dose cut with Librium. safer than most.

Sorry to ask this…you're sure you're cutting correctly?  Do you have .25 tablets or are you cutting .5s?

Thanks for asking. I have .5 tablets, and also .25 tabs scored down the middle. I use a kitchen knife to cut them like the pharmacist demonstrated. I think it might also mean my brain's totally rewired and craves for the Xanax. I took 20 mg Librium now to counter the insane cravings.

Xanax entices, entraps, and finally enslaves  :-(

Okay, so you're scoring the .25s into halves.  Since you're feeling it strongly, I'd think about correcting to only a .0625 cut, which is 1/4 of a .25 tablet. 

Yes, your brain is craving Xanax but it's a physical dependency.  You're probably going to have some symptoms even tapering slowly and carefully.  Anyone tapering a physically addicting drug is going to feel it.  The best we can do in benzo w/d is keep those symptoms down to some insomnia and anxiety, I think.  If you know it's just the process, it's not as upsetting. 

Librium is a benzodiazepine too.  Why are you covering benzo w/d symptoms with another benzo?  Just asking.

Challis

I'm not fond of Librium either. I've been having weird headaches ever since I started the Xanax taper (headaches on different parts of the head at different times, if you get what I mean) and I left a message for my psych. He said I could take Librium to counter the headaches and also allow it to build up slowly in the bloodstream, so I can someday cross over.

Besides, I'm scared of withdrawal symptoms, very scared. That could also be a reason for my psych to give me small doses of Librium to counter sudden Xanax cravings. I wish I only had some insomnia and anxiety, that I can deal with. These headaches are unsettling and scare the heck outta me. My personality's altered totally after this Xanax thing, and I'm desperate to be me again.

Whew! 2nd anxiety attack tonight!!! you wouldnt think Im so positive if you just saw me in the hall trying to figure out which way to run!!! :sick:

I never ran, but instead got very still. I always kept my anxiety within myself. Because of that, nobody labeled me as having panic attacks. But now I realize I have been having them since I was a kid. I borrowed them from my Mom. And when she had them, it was pretty scary. I could always tell when one was coming on by the look in her green eyes. I would do everything in a little kid's power to help her feel better. I will never tell her she was the origin of my anxiety. It would hurt her too much. In many ways, she is more fragile than me. I somehow got the message that I had to protect her and I still feel that way. I think it was supposed to be the other way around. She was supposed to take care of and protect me.

Blue

Blue,

This post is profound for me.  One of my greatest fears is my anxiety disorder crossing over on to my daughters.

I like you, as a child experienced my mother being fearful of EVERYTHING.  She ALWAYS looked to me to feel safe.  I grew up thinking it was my job to be her protector, her companion, her friend, to the point of it being unhealthy.  I Love my mother; however, at this phase in my life I believe/I know I am having resentment towards her.

The sad thing is she groomed me just like her mother groomed her.  I think it is important to mention...my grandmother was on Ativan, my mother is on Xanax, and so am I.  I am doing everything to hopefully stop this cycle.

My daughter's have always been allowed to have a voice.  I have tried to never make them fearful.  Always tell them they can do anything they put their minds to.  I try very hard NOT to repeat what was done to me.

How's your tummy bug?  I hope your feeling better.  Have a great day!

Hugs :hug:

FluterByee :smitten:

You are raising your girl and setting her up for success. It sounds like the cycle will stop with her. She is lucky to have an enlightened and caring mother.

Blue :smitten:

Started getting very sick with panic and stomach flu like episodes more and more often. Couldn't fall asleep, pounding heart, gurgling intestines which led to diarrhea and sometimes vomiting, chills, panic feeling, and zero sleep.  Finally got the idea it was the xanax... That the drs kept prescribing for these "episodes". Vicious circle!

I think I'm in tolerance, I've been updosing the last week to what I thought was a manageable level of .80mg spread out 5x times a day; 6a, 10a, 2p, 6p, 10p. The 6p dose is almost 1/2 the other doses because I get really zombified around that time. Almost drunk feeling. This is the most xanax I've EVER taken, and never for this long.  Feeling so depressed and drugged.

QUESTIONS please!

I was doing okay on the updose, trying to stabilize before I start a real taper... But I had another "episode" last night. Haven't had one since I started updosing.

-could it be the the lowered evening dose?

-could I be in tolerance again?

-seems I just need to start tapering, maybe? Finding it hard to stabilize. Should I liquid taper? I have a .001 gram scale but find it is very inaccurate for dry cuts.  Liquid taper at .80 in 100ml of water removing 1 ml daily or ?

- is 5 doses daily too many? Would 4 be better?

Thank you!!! I'm just so lost. My GP is useless, my temporary shrink wants me to cut .25 in a few days...  :(

Marley, I LOVE my beta blocker!!!

I take metoprolol, what did you get?

they perscribe it for anxiety a lot, I didnt know this, mines for a heart arrhythmia, but it SURE makes a difference in this tapering/withdrawals.....helps keep you calm and keep the anxiety "do-able"....Ill pop a half a tab if I feel the anxiety/panic starting up.. usually eliminates it...

ashh, I just tell ya since no one else is... you're tapering too big a cut, its gonna hurt, I wouldnt do more than the .0625, and sometimes less than that....especially if you plan on somewhat avoiding side effects.....

mac... do you have a temp, or the body aches like with the "real" flu?

Started getting very sick with panic and stomach flu like episodes more and more often. Couldn't fall asleep, pounding heart, gurgling intestines which led to diarrhea and sometimes vomiting, chills, panic feeling, and zero sleep.  Finally got the idea it was the xanax... That the drs kept prescribing for these "episodes". Vicious circle!

I think I'm in tolerance, I've been updosing the last week to what I thought was a manageable level of .80mg spread out 5x times a day; 6a, 10a, 2p, 6p, 10p. The 6p dose is almost 1/2 the other doses because I get really zombified around that time. Almost drunk feeling. This is the most xanax I've EVER taken, and never for this long.  Feeling so depressed and drugged.

QUESTIONS please!

I was doing okay on the updose, trying to stabilize before I start a real taper... But I had another "episode" last night. Haven't had one since I started updosing.

-could it be the the lowered evening dose?

-could I be in tolerance again?

-seems I just need to start tapering, maybe? Finding it hard to stabilize. Should I liquid taper? I have a .001 gram scale but find it is very inaccurate for dry cuts.  Liquid taper at .80 in 100ml of water removing 1 ml daily or ?

- is 5 doses daily too many? Would 4 be better?

Thank you!!! I'm just so lost. My GP is useless, my temporary shrink wants me to cut .25 in a few days...  :(

Mac,

If you have questions regarding water taper, I'm going to give you some direction that I posted for tater last night. I'm not quite there yet to be able to provide extensive info, but this should help cover a lot of basics:

Tatertot,

I have posted many posts on water tapering. If you click on my name, it'll take you to my profile. From there, if you click on Show Posts (or Read Posts?), you will be directed to every post I've ever made, in chronological order, from newest to oldest. It may take a little digging around, but you could find some prelim advice on water tapering.

Also, on page two of my personal blog, I've also posted a detailed account of my water titration how-to's (MrsALW's Xanny Taper, found in Buddie Blogs in the Nexus section).

Hope this helps. My apologies for not helping more than this for now!

Mrs. :smitten:

Benzy,

I have not went to pick it up yet but it is METOPROLOL ER SUCCINATE 25MG TABS,and of course I am scared to take it as with any med that the Dr says to try. When she is telling me it is ok to take my xanax or I dont have to take it and then I read where I should never just stop taking it makes me wonder how much she really knows about anxiety. I might just stick with my Xanax til my thyroid test comes back and then go see someone who specializes in anxiety. UHG why is this such a battle,maybe I should just take the celexa and be done with it. thanks for the help  :o

I understand, but Im telling you from experience.. with long term panic/anxiety disorder/depression...

I WISHED someone had told me about it earlier!!! I would take it in a minute over benzos or anit-depressants...

they say dont stop taking it without tapering first, if youve taken a larger dose for awhile and if you have a definite heart issue that you are using it for.....in other words, if you have a heart problem that will go beserk if you stop it suddenly, then dont stop it suddenly!!

anyway, did the Dr tell you , you can take it as needed? it doesnt have to build up in your system... so you could try a half dose, if youre just using it for anxiety issues, or a whole dose either one.....

I urge you to take it, and you cant be a bigger med paranoid than me :thumbsup:

ps. short term use, nothing to worry about...

anybody?

oh, ps. dont flood my email box all at once about this, ya only get 20 emails per hour.. thanks :thumbsup:

Sorry Benzy. I can only manage my own day. But I know what you mean about not wanting to participate. I feel that way sometimes too...usually happens when I am tired or overwhelmed about something. Take care my friend :smitten:

Blue :-*

I'm missing my low-dose-ouchie buddy...Babyrex, you out there still?  How you doing, toots?  I miss you :smitten:

Carita, dear...you too...I could use a word or two from you today :smitten:

And my Hopefulgirl!  You've been there, too... :smitten:

This morning was a bit rocky & icky.  I did not go home from work (wanted to!), and I am here still this afternoon :)  Just took things in 15 minute segments this morning...I'm on to 30 minute segments this afternoon...hoping to continue to move that bracket of time upwards :)

Thanks for the support, all.  We're doing it, one day at a time!

HI Mrs. You can do this! I am sending you healing hugs! I am in bed working on my workshop in an awful wave. However, I know a window is around the corner!

Love,

Hopefulgirl

I'm missing my low-dose-ouchie buddy...Babyrex, you out there still?  How you doing, toots?  I miss you :smitten:

This morning was a bit rocky & icky.  I did not go home from work (wanted to!), and I am here still this afternoon :)  Just took things in 15 minute segments this morning...I'm on to 30 minute segments this afternoon...hoping to continue to move that bracket of time upwards :)

Miss you too honey bun.  ;D

Hi all,

I was going to write an update tonight, but I'll just do it now.  My baseline has improved a little to about 10%.  And my waves are a tiny bit smaller.  These changes are almost imperceptible but enough to show I'm making progress.  I am still pretty much bedridden, but I'm getting up more and more.  Hubby took me for a short drive and I did fairly well until we got to the big river.  Large bodies of water really freak me out right now. 

For really the first time since the start of my taper I have confirmation that I am truly healing.  All of this pain and suffering has not been for naught, I will be well! 

:smitten:

Hugs to you Baby. I have been thinking about you everyday! So glad there is even a tiny improvement. More is coming!

Love,

Hopefulgirl

For those who were inquiring information about water titration:

In my blog, I have detailed out a lot of the 'whys' and 'whats' behind my own personal water taper.  The link to the exact post of this information is found here:  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79163.msg1049215#msg1049215

I will be hopping online this evening for about 30 minutes, and will answer any questions you might have.  I just ask that you read through the above first, and then ask your questions through this afternoon and early evening, and I will get back to you then :)

Include your current dosing schedule as well, please -- times of day, doses at those times, etc.  Also include how long you've been holding this exact dosing schedule and amounts, as well as if you believe you've "stabilized".  "Stablilized" does not mean feeling good...it means feeling consistent.  This may be consistently yucky, but it is a consistent yucky.  And also if this a tolerable "baseline" of symptoms for you to work off of.

Hope that all makes sense!  My apologies for the explicit instructions - normally I am free & willing to respond as-needed :)  I am just needing to work around a few symptoms is all, so forgive me!

Looking forward to hearing your questions and getting back to you this evening :thumbsup:

Benzy,

Thank you for the information. I also went today and have pinched nerves in my neck and bad arthritis already in my neck. This Dr gave me a muscle relaxer and something for inflammation. So that is 3 different meds in one day not sure I will be able to handle taking them all and my xanax without the worry..thanks again :) 

I'm feeling a lot more confident with this new slower withdrawal schedule.  Only going down 0.625mg at a time, instead of the big .25mg drop I did last time.  I just want to thank everybody here.  Benzy, Challis Juliea, etc... for suggesting lowering at this rate.  I would of never thought of going down this slow if it wasn't for you guys.  And, I should've listened to you right off the bat, instead of attempting to go down .25mg.  I just wanted to get off so bad I guess...

I even had the thought today, that maybe I should get into shape, and do some exercising while doing this taper.  Of course, I didn't actually do that, but having the thought has to count for something, am I right? lol

Miss you too honey bun.  ;D

Hi all,

I was going to write an update tonight, but I'll just do it now.  My baseline has improved a little to about 10%.  And my waves are a tiny bit smaller.  These changes are almost imperceptible but enough to show I'm making progress.  I am still pretty much bedridden, but I'm getting up more and more.  Hubby took me for a short drive and I did fairly well until we got to the big river.  Large bodies of water really freak me out right now. 

For really the first time since the start of my taper I have confirmation that I am truly healing.  All of this pain and suffering has not been for naught, I will be well! 

Hugs to you Baby. I have been thinking about you everyday! So glad there is even a tiny improvement. More is coming!

Love,

Hopefulgirl

Thank you Hopeful.  I'm struggling tonight and I have to keep reminding myself of my new higher baseline.  Hugs.

check out the excercise thread lacey.... Im not much on physical exertion  :sick:

be careful though cause it could rev you up too much..

I never looked at the excercise thread because its against my religion, so I dont know if its even pro or con... I assumed it was pro...

Sorry I have been gone.  I did a stupid thing since I was last here.....on top of the withdrawals. 

I fell in love, got engaged, and got dumped.

Life happens.

RM

check out the excercise thread lacey.... Im not much on physical exertion  :sick:

be careful though cause it could rev you up too much..

I never looked at the excercise thread because its against my religion, so I dont know if its even pro or con... I assumed it was pro...

Any idea where that thread is?  I looked around a few forums i thought it might be in, but didn't have any luck.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [Si...]
    • [...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [...]
    • [ro...]