Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Babyrex,

Good to see you and to hear you see glimmers of healing. You are a courageous woman. Sending you love and friendship,

Carita

Carita,

Thank you so much!  :)  I've  had a few partial windows, but they were very brief.  However, the knowledge that I am gradually healing is what I needed right now.  My acute has been horrible, and I really began to believe I would never heal.  But here I am 6 weeks out and I  am feeling a little better.  Thank God because I don't think I could have taken that unyielding, intense pain much longer.  I hope the that worst is gone and I gradually heal.

:smitten:

Babyrex,

I have been thinking about you.  This is such good news to hear.

Mama  :smitten:

Thank you Mama!

It is better!  Just a smidge but I'll take it!

:smitten:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

WAY TO GO BENZY!!!  I was going to ask how it's going, but it sounds like you're having a bit of anxiety.  Are you still feeling that way?

What sort of taper should I start? I want to start small.

My dose schedule is holding strong, and I'm feeling pretty good at:

6a - .18

10a - .18

2p - .18

6p - .10

10p - .18

I could go up or down, give or take from there. I could also try dosing 4 times a day instead of 5.

I'm very particular about knowing the exact amount I'm taking, so I don't know if water titration will work for me. I want to try to make smaller cuts, and hold for the shorter amount of time (7 days). I'm stabilizing after tolerance hell and not sure how long this "okay" feeling will last. I'm using a gram scale now, but it's so sensitive I'm not entirely sure I'm getting any sort of accurate reading. I'm not doing a Valium substitution unless I fail on tapering xanax. The only option I can really see is if I get liquid xanax or compounded liquid at like .02 per 1/8 ml. I wish I had the math brains to figure this out and do it myself in oraplus.  The pharmacist said he could make a suspension for me, but I don't know what that means; like if I need a new rx or if I just bring the pills... I have .50mg pills which do me no good except to cut on my dumb scale.

Any guidance or suggestions would be great. Thanks!!!

I don't believe it would have worked for me to cut faster but smaller bits, unless I was doing some kind of tiny daily reduction.  Cutting every 7 days doing cut and hold would have been about 1 day too quick for me during the majority of my taper when I cut on the 8th day.  I did not learn how quickly my body would allow me to cut for many, many, many cuts into my taper.  And I never held myself to a schedule, I shot for a day to cut again, but if I wasn't positive my body was ready, I did not cut that day.

All I know to advise you to do when using a scale is to shave 5-10% off of the weight of a full days dose, when you are ready to cut again.  I've never used a scale.  I'm so sorry you're stuck with the .5mg pills Mac.  When I got my .25's, it was a big relief.

Julia, at what point in your taper did you get your .25mg pills?  I know you started cutting a little larger amount than I plan on.  I'm also at 3mg per day, but I'm planning on cutting .0625 every 2 weeks if I can.  If I recall, you took larger cuts in the beginning, right?

YA, I WAS SCRAMBLING TO GET ON THE COMPUTER CAUSE I WAS HAVING A BAD WITHDRAWAL ANXIETY ATTACK AND KNOCKED A BIG BOOK OFF THE TABLE, BOOOM!!! IT MADE ME JUMP...Im ok now though I think...

Julia, at what point in your taper did you get your .25mg pills?  I know you started cutting a little larger amount than I plan on.  I'm also at 3mg per day, but I'm planning on cutting .0625 every 2 weeks if I can.  If I recall, you took larger cuts in the beginning, right?

I made 3, .0625 cuts using 1mg pills, but they were round and pretty easy to cut even in 1/16th.  Just count 3 cuts into when I started the .0625 cut below and you will know when I got the .25's.

Here is my taper:

25+ yrs. Xanax ~ Highest dose: 6mg

Dry Cut Xanax to Zero

7/2010 - 7/2012 ~ 3mg, (One time per day at bedtime)

7/31/12  2.75mg -.25

8/7  2.50mg        -.25

8/14  2.25mg      -.25

8/21  2mg           -.25

9/1  1.875mg      -.125

9/9  1.75mg        -.125

9/19  1.625mg    -.125

9/29  1.562mg    -.0625

10/9  1.50mg      -.0625 

10/20  1.437mg  -.0625

10/27  1.375mg  -.0625

11/6  1.312mg    -.0625

11/16  1.25mg    -.0625

11/25  1.187mg  -.0625

12/3  1.125mg    -.0625

12/12  1.0625mg -.0625

12/26  1mg          -.0625

1/3/13 .9375mg  -.0625

1/11 .875mg       -.0625

1/19 .812mg       -.0625

1/26 .75mg         -.0625

2/2 .6875mg       -.0625

2/9 .625mg         -.0625

2/16 .562mg       -.0625

2/22 .50mg         -.0625

3/1 .437mg         -.0625

3/12 .375mg       -.0625

3/20 .312mg       -.0625

3/27 .25mg         -.0625

4/4 .1875mg       -.0625

4/11 .125mg       -.0625

4/18 .0625mg.    -.0625

4/25/2013  Benzo Free

YA, I WAS SCRAMBLING TO GET ON THE COMPUTER CAUSE I WAS HAVING A BAD WITHDRAWAL ANXIETY ATTACK AND KNOCKED A BIG BOOK OFF THE TABLE, BOOOM!!! IT MADE ME JUMP...Im ok now though I think...

Silly rabbit. We thought you had jumped from X!!! Maybe you did but are afraid to say it. I know I was. I called mine a trial jump, and when I stuck with it, I called it official.

Ok so I have a small scale - but it only goes to .01g, that is not small enough is it? Are smaller scales pretty affordable online?

That's not small enough.  We need the .001g

Here is the one most people use:

[nobbc]http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389748818&sr=8-1&keywords=gemini+scale[/nobbc]

Copy and paste this link into your browser.

no, I was joking, but everybody had benzo brain and missed my last post.. >:(

I saw it, but it takes me awhile.  I'm taking my clappers back.

Mama

Not me. But when you do jump, we will have a party with chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and balloons filled with laughing gas.  Hurry up and jump....I am hungry!!!!

Blue :smitten:

Benzy!  Happy Jumpday to you, happy Jumpday to you…. (blah blah blah).

It's a big deal, I know…I'm a person who doesn't live by the calendar much but I know my jump day.

:highfive:

I was thinking more like strippers, beer and hotwings...

I will remember that. But we will have to take the party to "Off Topic" if we are going to include the strippers. I want male strippers. You?

Blue :smitten:

Ok so I have a small scale - but it only goes to .01g, that is not small enough is it? Are smaller scales pretty affordable online?

That's not small enough.  We need the .001g

Here is the one most people use:

[nobbc]http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389748818&sr=8-1&keywords=gemini+scale[/nobbc]

Copy and paste this link into your browser.

Thank you! I'm still hoping to hear from water titration peeps as it still sounds appealing. Maybe good to go to water when dose gets just too silly to try and weigh on a scale.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ju...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [En...]
    • [je...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [kn...]