Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Im gonna just start whittling away at all these little bits of .0625 pieces Ive got lol..in fact Im starting tonight...Ill end up finishing at 0 with a few bits left over...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna just start whittling away at all these little bits of .0625 pieces Ive got lol..in fact Im starting tonight...Ill end up finishing at 0 with a few bits left over...

Yeah Benzy!! Git 'er DONE!!! :thumbsup::smitten:

I only dose once nightly,, and I forgot it again last night, and slept all night, thats the 6th time thats happened... I think my dosing is all mental now... I could probably just jump, I might have one more round of withdrawals, but I think that would be it... Im still gonna taper tho...

VC,

Since you desire to taper directly off of Xanax, are you thinking of dry-cutting your way off again, or are you desiring to do something slower and/or more gradual?  You can dry-cut using the 0.0625mg method (1/4 of a 0.25mg pill), or cut smaller amounts than this by using a jeweler's scale.  Or, you can water taper.  Do you have thoughts as to which one you'd prefer?  If not, no worries.  You've got some time here, as you stabilize on your current dosing schedule.

You mentioned that you take 0.5mg at bedtime (10pm), and 0.25mg at 1pm.  You asked about splitting your day time dosage in half and dosing more times throughout the day, in order to eliminate interdose withdrawal -- I don't think this is a bad idea, if you're having difficulties with interdose withdrawal.  I dose four times in a 24-hour period, once every six hours, just to be sure I have some Xanax in my system at all times.  You could perhaps do something like 0.125mg (1/2 of your 0.25mg tablet) at 10am (12 hours after your bedtime dose), and 0.125mg again at 4pm (6 hours after your 10am dose).  Since Xanax's half-life is 6 hours, this might help to stabilize your interdose withdrawal even more.  If you choose to do this, remember to hold at this dose and dosing schedule for a while (at least 10-14 days, if not longer) before trying to begin tapering :thumbsup:

Hope that helps a bit, chickie!  Let me/us know what your thoughts are regarding tapering, and we'll be able to provide a little direction based on the method(s) you're considering!  Hope you have a window of a day!

Mrs. :smitten:

Thanks, Mrs! That DOES help! Appreciate it so much. 

I'm thinking dry cut - only because I don't understand water titration (read about it and got confused). Will see if my doc will prescribe smaller dose pill (0.25 mg) next appt. (soon). He gave me plenty 0.5mg but didn't have time to talk taper but knows I'm trying to get off the stuff. Meanwhile, one doc told me to just say stop taking it (eek!) or take it PRN. Well...the PRN route wasn't exactly fruitful...lol..

Good suggestion on breaking up the 0.25 to 0.0125 at 10 & 4 . . . I did wonder about that this morning. I don't feel much effects from 0.25, though. Maybe I'll still do that at 10 & 4, though. My question is, are these irregular heart beats considered interdose withdrawal? I know I keep asking that, but that's what bothers me worst. The other chronic symptom all my life is insomnia, but I think magnesium is helping.

My own anxiety stems more from last year's cardiac visit with A-fib. Anything heart-related causes my adrenaline to shoot up. Ironically, it's probably adrenaline causing the heart stuff.

Thanks again, Mrs!!  :thumbsup:

Appreciated your advice on educating ourselves, too.  Dr. Heather Ashton's writing has been encouraging but I can't read about protracted illness without throwing up....lol...so I won't. Assuming this will go well. Puh-lease!  ::)

Thank you, dear!  :smitten:

The irregular heartbeats are so common that if someone didn't have them, I'd suspect he or she was faking benzo w/d.  I had more skipped beats than normal ones at times… I counted them!  Six months after I finished my taper they came back less intensely but I had all the signs of a heart attack for women along with the palps…had extensive cardio testing done and long story short…heart is better than most my age.

Go figure.

Challis  ;)

The irregular heartbeats are so common that if someone didn't have them, I'd suspect he or she was faking benzo w/d.  I had more skipped beats than normal ones at times… I counted them!  Six months after I finished my taper they came back less intensely but I had all the signs of a heart attack for women along with the palps…had extensive cardio testing done and long story short…heart is better than most my age.

Go figure.

Challis  ;)

Yuck, so it sounds like there's no escaping the heart thing in a taper huh?

VC,

Since you desire to taper directly off of Xanax, are you thinking of dry-cutting your way off again, or are you desiring to do something slower and/or more gradual?  You can dry-cut using the 0.0625mg method (1/4 of a 0.25mg pill), or cut smaller amounts than this by using a jeweler's scale.  Or, you can water taper.  Do you have thoughts as to which one you'd prefer?  If not, no worries.  You've got some time here, as you stabilize on your current dosing schedule.

You mentioned that you take 0.5mg at bedtime (10pm), and 0.25mg at 1pm.  You asked about splitting your day time dosage in half and dosing more times throughout the day, in order to eliminate interdose withdrawal -- I don't think this is a bad idea, if you're having difficulties with interdose withdrawal.  I dose four times in a 24-hour period, once every six hours, just to be sure I have some Xanax in my system at all times.  You could perhaps do something like 0.125mg (1/2 of your 0.25mg tablet) at 10am (12 hours after your bedtime dose), and 0.125mg again at 4pm (6 hours after your 10am dose).  Since Xanax's half-life is 6 hours, this might help to stabilize your interdose withdrawal even more.  If you choose to do this, remember to hold at this dose and dosing schedule for a while (at least 10-14 days, if not longer) before trying to begin tapering :thumbsup:

Hope that helps a bit, chickie!  Let me/us know what your thoughts are regarding tapering, and we'll be able to provide a little direction based on the method(s) you're considering!  Hope you have a window of a day!

Thanks, Mrs! That DOES help! Appreciate it so much. 

I'm thinking dry cut - only because I don't understand water titration (read about it and got confused). Will see if my doc will prescribe smaller dose pill (0.25 mg) next appt. (soon). He gave me plenty 0.5mg but didn't have time to talk taper but knows I'm trying to get off the stuff. Meanwhile, one doc told me to just say stop taking it (eek!) or take it PRN. Well...the PRN route wasn't exactly fruitful...lol..

Good suggestion on breaking up the 0.25 to 0.0125 at 10 & 4 . . . I did wonder about that this morning. I don't feel much effects from 0.25, though. Maybe I'll still do that at 10 & 4, though. My question is, are these irregular heart beats considered interdose withdrawal? I know I keep asking that, but that's what bothers me worst. The other chronic symptom all my life is insomnia, but I think magnesium is helping.

My own anxiety stems more from last year's cardiac visit with A-fib. Anything heart-related causes my adrenaline to shoot up. Ironically, it's probably adrenaline causing the heart stuff.

Thanks again, Mrs!!  :thumbsup:

Appreciated your advice on educating ourselves, too.  Dr. Heather Ashton's writing has been encouraging but I can't read about protracted illness without throwing up....lol...so I won't. Assuming this will go well. Puh-lease!  ::)

Thank you, dear!  :smitten:

Safe assumption, suga :thumbsup:  It WILL go just peachy!  It's a long process, but taken at a slow and steady pace, it'll be very VERY manageable the whole way.

And, in my opinion, YES...I believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that your heart symptoms are absolutely withdrawal-related :thumbsup:  I will not speak of any of my personal situations until they're 100% victory, sweetie, but I can tell you that I relate to how you've felt, and I can also tell you that it is an incredibly common symptom.  And I'll be honest with you...I also believe your adrenal symptoms & BP surges are 100% tolerance/withdrawal related, too :thumbsup:  Again, just my opinion.  But I've read the same issue for others on so many multiple occasions :thumbsup:  I have absolutely ZERO doubt that you'll be 100% you again, post-taper and healing.

Time for me to get cleaned up and get a few things together for work tomorrow!  I'll be back on later, I'm sure :)  Go eat some food and RELAX and have SOME FUN!!  Watch some Friends or Seinfeld or something light-hearted & comedic like that, it's a great distraction!  You're gonna be aaaiiight :)

The irregular heartbeats are so common that if someone didn't have them, I'd suspect he or she was faking benzo w/d.

Right?!? LOL well said, friend! :laugh: :laugh:

Challis, yall, just imagine a skipped beat every beat,, thats what I had all year 2 years back, for a full year,, thats why I GOT on benzos....

OK, so for you brainy math heads,, not meth heads, yall be quiet,, but math heads...

Ashton says to jump at 0.5 of valium.... which is 0.025 mgs of xanax...

so if Im on about .0625 mgs of xanax, where am I? in relation to 0.025mgs.. above it,  below it.. where???

OK, so for you brainy math heads,, not meth heads, yall be quiet,, but math heads...

so if Im on about .0625 mgs of xanax, where am I? in relation to 0.025mgs.. above it,  below it.. where???

Benzy, you're above it...by over double...

0.025 x 2 = 0.05mg

0.05mg is less than 0.06mgs.

You're currently at a little larger than 0.06mg, you're at 0.0625mg.

Make sense?

So if you did a cut by halving your current dose, you'd be at 0.03125mg. This is still above 0.025mg.

So your idea of shaving off your current dose is probably a good idea :)

Just wanted to let you all know that helped me I took 1/2 of my 0.05mg at three different times today 4 hours apart and i have felt alot better,did have a little SOB a few times throughout the day but felt better so should I just stick with this for awhile,because I am sure I am NO WHERE near being able to control my nerves or should i get on something else thank you all so much for the help ;D

ok, so I should shave down to about 1/2 this dose and sit there awhile before I go to 0...

Up to you, bro :)

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, because I am water-tapering and I've also had more symptoms at the lower doses than you have...so my perspective is tied to that, you know?

Sounds reasonable to cut that dose in half, and then hold for a while again.  Then you could take your 0.03125mg and shave tiny bits off of that until you hit zero?  Sounds like a plan to me, LOL, but perhaps the other dry-cutters on here will chime in and give their perspectives :)  You might be fine to just stop at 0.0625mg, too, you know? 

Okay, for realsies now, I really need to go and get some things ready for tomorrow!  I'll be back later :)

Ashton does not say jump at .5.  She has people jumping from 1mg.  In fine print at the bottom of the table, she states that for people who are having a very difficult time, then a jump at .5 is to be considered.

The reason I believe that so many of us can jump from .0625mg of Xanax, (1.25mg Valium), is that Valium really builds up in a person's system.  Valium is known for this accumulation factor, especially in the body tissues.  Xanax does not build up in our body tissues.  Xanax is in and then out quickly.  It's my opinion that .0625mg of Xanax is probably much more like .25-50mg of Valium for the purpose of ending a taper.  Plus, Ashton's equivalencies are only for the purpose of a cross over --- not a determinant of when to end a benzo taper of a different kind of benzo.  My opinion only.

Ashton does not say jump at .5.  She has people jumping from 1mg.  In fine print at the bottom of the table, she states that for people who are having a very difficult time, then a jump at .5 is to be considered.

The reason I believe that so many of us can jump from .0625mg of Xanax, (1.25mg Valium), is that Valium really builds up in a person's system.  Valium is known for this accumulation factor, especially in the body tissues.  Xanax does not build up in our body tissues.  Xanax is in and then out quickly.  It's my opinion that .0625mg of Xanax is probably much more like .25-50mg of Valium for the purpose of ending a taper.  Plus, Ashton's equivalencies are only for the purpose of a cross over --- not a determinant of when to end a benzo taper of a different kind of benzo.  My opinion only.

So BB has had lots of folks jump from .0625 of Xanax to freedom with no further reduction?  I know you did, but others have too? 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [bi...]
    • [ka...]
    • [ka...]
    • [Ka...]
    • [Ev...]
    • [Go...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Au...]
    • [de...]